Reviews for Memory rests
Kimchihuahuafan chapter 1 . 10/19/2013
Damnit! I am crying and aching over two men who i can't picture as gay and yet here they were and i feel so damn bad for Damon it is killing me.
sailor silvimoon chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
I can't tell you with words how much I adore this story. It's brilliant, absolute perfection. And you made me cry... I'm glad you gave Damon Elijah. He needs someone who will keep him in line. Love it!
brynn.brigham chapter 1 . 5/16/2013
I loved this so much! It was a poignant and perfect.
AngelofTheDawn08 chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
Oh my god. I'm fucking crying my eyes out. Fuck fuck fuckty fuck.. Omg.

Excuse me while I go and cry in the corner.

I loved this.
Kate chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
Heart wrenchingly beautiful. Nothing else to say except perhaps - write another one please?
SushiBar chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
Damnit I'm crying like a little girl. So beautiful
vikki.dillard chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
so sad!
glowacka93 chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
This story was so beautiful and sad. I cried so much in the end.
Bocamere chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
Really loved this fic! Parts that really got to me were Damon compelling strangers to be Alaric, and then towards the end Damon continuing to stick by him as the years passed by until eventually Alaric died. So heartbreaking but such a beautiful story.
ceruleanvixen chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
God, what is this perfection? You made me cry. I'm sure you're proud. And I'm not normally a fan of stories that want to make me cry. But honestly, this was amazing. Maybe my favorite of your stroies yet. But I guess I think that every time. But this truly was brilliant. From now on, this is my head canon for what happened after season three. Thanks so much for sharing it. Also I noticed that I wasn't alerted to any of the stories you've recently published so I had to rectify this situation and follow you. Obviously. Really, wonderful job. xo
who0wnsmyh34rt chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
I hate you. I hate you so much. I have never cried this hard reading something in my life. Why do you do this to me. I just. I can't even take this anymore. Shipping these two has killed me. Broken my heart. My fucking tears are waterfalls, man. Literally. This is so beautiful and the best thing I have ever read in my life. I hate you so fucking much.
scarlett2112 chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
sobbing. I can't imagine how much it hurt Damon to watch Alaric grow old right before his very eyes. Alaric completed him. Now he has to bury him. It's really a testament to Damon's character that he loved him enough to let Ric live this human life. It had to have killed Damon a little inside with each new human fraility that arose as the years crept up on them. Alaric is irreplacable for sure. Also Ric loved Damon enough that he wants him to eventually find happiness with someone else. *sniffles* Heartbreaking but lovely too., Carol
zaqmlp chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
Your angst never fails to make me shed a few tears. Love all your super long one-shots! Once again, this was really well written and you have really got me into Dalaric fanfiction now :)

Looking forward to any future works.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
God, I loved this. Thanks.
JWAB chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
Sit down, this is going to take a while.

Your start is stellar, just the right tone, kind of clinical and dirty and all about the instructions. The hesitation because no one is Alaric anymore, and the gut-twist when he tastes wrong. Also, holy shit, Katherine - the shame he feels, and leaving her in handcuffs. No word is wasted, with you. Your style is tight as a drum.

The thing about Ric finding being called "Richard" wrong is great - such a slanty, interesting in -and then, god love you, YOU call him Richard in the narration.

"Damon finds that almost everyone is a little bit gay if you talk to them right." Truth. Also the truth of how Damon notices he craves conversation after he shuts one down. The way you toss these little truth grenades just kills me.

But the foods you have your characters eat crack me up. Steak and fries... and eggs? I have to visit Australia so I can see these things in person. Sorry. All in love.

More: Damon has no photographs! Heartbreaking. It's such a tiny sentence but resonates with an unwritten scene of at least one real meltdown, a moan when he can't exactly call up every detail, some sliver of memory he's lost, and if he only had a photograph... So that hurt like hell. And then the waitress's nod stuttering - that, my dear, is a verbgasm.

The reason Damon can't move is that he KNOWS knows him. Gahd. And then, how Ric ghosts his hand over Damon's brand on his hip - it's so deeply internalized that it resists completely memory loss! - and Damon chokes. Honestly, this scene is fucking devastating. Topped off with Damon leaving because, for him, the miracle of Alaric getting a second chance so far outweighs the miracle of Damon getting Alaric back. Because he's selfless, kids. Damn fucking selfless.

CROW! Thank you. Thank you for not forgetting the crow. It's super wonky on the show having this weird ability sort of dangling there, but you use it just right. So thank you.

I absolutely loved, LOVED, Damon falling into step with Alaric, the familiarity of his pace - what that must have meant to Damon, what it must have felt like to walk exactly beside him. A kind of human unison. That really touched me.

"Show me." / Damon stands. Feels oddly exposed, sitting, while Alaric looms over him, arms crossed like that. He stands, and lets his features change." THIS is stunning. The power shift here, Damon being told to expose himself and Damon trusting Alaric, though maybe he shouldn't but he can't not, and doing it. Another moment that was so, so perfect and powerful. (Also, a first kiss as inevitable as the tide... gorgeous.)

Oh, and? You are super sneaky. Elijah, AWESOMENESS! And I adore the backstory for this story, the mystery which you create. The incredibly dark, haunting glimpse of the first two and a half years, what Elijah weathered.

And the refrain: Ric. Shut. Up. I love a good refrain.

And then, the end. Following Damon through because yes, he fucking does it, he fucking follows through. Oh god. Legitimately crying because of tea. And thank goodness you gave Damon Elijah to not kill people with at the end. Damon needs him.

This was literature. It was touching and layered and thick with truth and wonderfulness. When they finally put together a compilation of the best fanfic ever written, they will have to issue seven volumes and six of them will be you.