Reviews for Diplomatic Gestures
Leslie chapter 25 . 2/21
Love how this is going so far! Can't wait to see how the story goes :P
Ive seen most of your fanfiction are not complete except one... Pls pls pls complete Diplomatic Gestures its my fav fanfiction and Im starting to think it will be forever in progress¡ Thats just SAD¡
I mean you said you wantd to write 'til the beginning of the game (which means Emily is around) but we are at chapter 25 AND theres still nothing going on between Corvo and Jessamine
Pls KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK and complete DG...
Serkonan chapter 25 . 1/24
OMG¡ I read this entire fanfiction this afternoon and it is the best Dishonored fanfic out there IMHO D Keep up the good work!
SomebodyLost chapter 16 . 1/15
Very awesome fanfic. The small details and the nuances of every character, from main characters to OCs - hurrah! Well done!

Corvo as a mute is a very splendid idea. It adds another layer of challenge to how he touches other characters' lives. Not to mention that it was very apt, since he was voiceless in the game. What if he really was mute there, huh?

What really is perplexing is his apparent readiness to defend Jessamine at the start of the story. WHY? It sounds as if the Duke of Serkonos got along well with Corvo; wouldn't Corvo be reluctant? Or maybe his honor to obey the Duke reared its head?

I dunno, it just seems... weird that Corvo would want to protect Jessamine with a passion so ready when they haven't even met before... or did they?

I think that a trip to Corvo's head is warranted...

Jessamine - kind, somewhat proud, but willing to learn. She's a very fine Empress because of her empathy towards her people, but her easy trust towards people that have been around almost all her life kinda makes her naive, sometimes. It doesn't help that most of her court are corrupt.

The others are also well-written. From the SpyMaster (is he bald still at this point?) and the Captain (whose adventures are worth reading and anticipating) to the Physician, well - let's just say that I can't articulate the wrods well enough. The world! The streets! The political intrigue! The romance! ARRRGH-

Anyhoo, since you said that this will end around the start of Dishonored, I would like to say that I'm not looking forward to Jessamine's death. I grew fond of her. So! I implore you to make some sort of AU where she lives - the same court-savvy Empress and all. Ehe, jst a reuqest, but your take on Jessamine... it's such a waste to kill her... D:

Also, I'm crossing my fingers, but Emily may be a child born out of Jessamine and the Count, not Corvo. Jessamine is pushing herself from Corvo anyway, and she may end up doing something she would regret later. Not to mention, Burrows disapproves of Emily's birth-circumstances.

Huh. Anyway, just speculating! It's just marvelous to analyze works of fiction, and that includes fanfics. ;D

Thanks for writing!

And your costumes are fantastic. :D
Lost-chan
DefaultCustom chapter 25 . 1/11
This is really, really good! But you see I had already read chapter 25 on December 9th three days after it came out and and the time of posting this I checked for updates( there weren't any) and I mistook the December 6 for December 26 and got all excited then I realized my mistake and got sad please update Diplomatic Gestures
Guests are cool chapter 25 . 12/22/2014
I... Don't know what to say... I honestly wasn't expecting another update to this, I thought you'd gotten bored with it. But I am Extatic that you haven't :) Two great chapters. What's Corvo gonna think of all this courtship? I think I can see some awkward dates where Corvo is present in the near future. Update soon! ;)
MadnessLover chapter 25 . 12/19/2014
Great story.
BrotherGrimSVSD chapter 20 . 12/16/2014
I'm a little confused as to what happened at the end here with Jessamine in the bath. Had she just fallen asleep?

Also, you're very, very, very good. This is one of my favorite fanfictions, and it's certainly one of the most well-written pieces of literature I've read, on par with published authors. Better than some of them, too. Keep up the great work. -
Rayclash chapter 25 . 12/16/2014
Thank you very much for 2 great chapters! The story is getting more interesting with every single one! And the twist at the end! Though for sure she turn him down but nope!
Hehe this is going to complicate matters eh?
Keep up the good work and hope to see more soon! :)
Superboy7 chapter 25 . 12/12/2014
Nooooooooo! Augh that man is okay I guess...but I really hope you have Emily as the daughter of Corvo and the empress. I also hope that Corvo will show her feelings that he has for you (please be romantic feelings!) I really can't wait for the next update but still can't help but feel nervous...
Guest chapter 25 . 12/12/2014
I'm so glad for these last two updates, they're both great. Thank you so much for writing this, I can't wait to see what happens next!
Dark Scrivener chapter 25 . 12/12/2014
*internal screaming* is about the most accurate summary of my reaction to this chapter. At the same time, fingers are crossed that maaaybe Serkonan Heat will take this opportunity to feel a bit jealous and accidentally let some of his own feelings slip... Again, thank you for the updates!
Dark Scrivener chapter 24 . 12/12/2014
Thank you so much for updating, you really gave me the motivation I needed to finish writing my final papers so I could read this! XD So happy to see the whalers making a cameo, and I enjoy your scenes with Dalen and Morris- if you've ever read the 'Discworld' series, they remind me of the Night Watch characters... Anyway. It's painful (as expected) to watch the seeds of regicide being sown. Sokolov's advice seems wise, but likely to be misconstrued. Great chapter.
Gearhead Fenton chapter 25 . 12/11/2014
oh my GOD i loved this chapter! ahhh a love triangle and yet, both jessamine knows corvo is the only one for her *_*
Laluzi chapter 25 . 12/10/2014
Woohoo! Update! :D

Man, that last chapter was incredibly awkward. I was expecting Jessamine to turn down the Count, given his behavior. Well, this promises to be interesting - Jessamine was clearly looking for a distraction, but I get the feeling this is going to turn into a lot of silent comparing him to Corvo (and finding she prefers the desert to the tundra).

As always, wonderfully written; not only do you bring so life to the world of Dunwall, but you do an incredible job at making a compelling scene of court politics and the life of an Empress - something very difficult to do.