Reviews for Welcome
Saum the Smol Teddy chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
wow. i didn't know erestor was from gondolin. (haven't read silmarillion completely). even if he isn't from gondolin, amazing story
HaloFin17 chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
Aha, here it is! I checked on Friday, but was apparently just a tad too early. I'm glad you told me it was ready for official reading and reviewing :-)

And on that note, I feel I must make mention of how you well you incorporate little things that give your literary creation such a "real" and vibrant feeling. Like mentioning how Glorfindel's horse had come from Cirdan's stables. It's such a little thing that could easily be overlooked and no one would really miss it. But it totally makes sense, and including it adds even more legitimacy to your tale.

Naturally, I loved the scene with Maglor! Such an intimate and casual setting, and it's nice to know that he is more or less accepted there. I really like what you decided on for the ending. I think it accomplished a perfect balance of past poignancy and future hopefulness. Great job also on your depiction of Glorfindel - how on the outside he is bright and joyful, but occassionally we do get glimpses deep down into the horrors that he remembers.

My friend, it has been such a pleasure to watch your Tolkien writing blossom in this past year or so, and I'm honored to have been a part of it! You make me proud, and I look forward to seeing where our discussions and inspirations lead us in the coming year.

Halo