Reviews for A Wizard Named Harry
Difdi chapter 5 . 7/23/2021
The Wizarding World is stuck in Victorian/Edwardian times. One of the things every well-off and noble person in those days was expected to know was something called the Language of Flowers. It could be Rowling stumbling onto something with a profound meaning by accident in the form of Snape's pop quiz of Harry in that first potions class, but if so, it's a truly astounding coincidence.

Because asphodel followed by wormwood followed by aconite means "I regret the death of the one we both miss, do you hate me?" when translated into English. The proper response, for one versed in the Language of Flowers, would be either to simply thank him for his sentiments (a bit gauche but neutral), or to reply with a question about either violets and spring crocus in potions (I forgive you) or a question about orange lilies or talking about other forms of aconite (I do hate you) or even tansy (I consider us deadly enemies).

Remember, Snape believes Harry was raised as a pampered nobleman's son, so OF COURSE Harry will know what asphodel, wormwood and aconite means. And his noncommittal answer would be indicative of poorly veiled (aka Gryffindorish) hatred to someone accustomed to thinking like a Slytherin.
Corwyn chapter 9 . 6/27/2021
I'm loving this story so far and look forward to it continuing. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Majerus chapter 9 . 8/12/2019
Truly entertaining, definitely worth the read... and so very sad that it was not longer.
Majerus chapter 2 . 8/9/2019
Loving this, the humor should keep me grinning through my late shift :D
Honoria Granger chapter 9 . 1/30/2019
Well, seeing that this hasn’t been updated for SIX YEARS, I guess we will never see the Erlking at Hogwarts. What a pity.
Honoria Granger chapter 8 . 1/30/2019
So where is RealHarry?
Honoria Granger chapter 6 . 1/30/2019
Check Wikipedia on testicular descent. They drop before birth, or shortly thereafter. Not at puberty. Common mistake. Just saying. Otherwise, interesting crossover.
Foxy-Floof chapter 9 . 1/8/2019
Oh wow... This is a really excellent read. I do wish that Quirrel had died with Voldemort still anchored to him...
And that Umbridge had been stopped before the Azkaban thing became a THING.

But all in all, I haven't enjoyed a read more in weeks, possibly months.
Morgoslos chapter 9 . 10/22/2018
It's a shame that you've abandoned this story. It became something of a clusterfuck a few chapters ago where things stopped making much sense for a while (such as Harry having the Cloak, which confused me about just where the hell we were in the timeline because that was meant to be a Christmas gift from Dumbledore to Potter), but it definitely picked up again in this chapter. Toot and Mouse coming in for a rescue was really funny and also pretty cool. I hate dogs, but Mouse is impossible to not like.

I do feel like the Outsider is a bit much for this story though. I also think that Harry should be able to pick up the local magic eventually. The whole "I just make boom!" thing is a bit over done in these kinds of stories. Harry is also supposed to be pretty talented with magic in general and is a researcher at heart despite the stuff he normally gets into. He just has a greater talent for destruction and most people in his world pigeon hole him as a big goon because of his size, looks, and the amount of power/destruction he weaves.

I feel like fan fiction writers kind of forget that being a Wizard, capital W, means you have to be pretty talent with magic in general to even qualify and as a Warden he's one of their enforcers on top of that. He just isn't amazing at the really delicate stuff like some others who have to work with lesser quantities of magic or who have like a century or more on him in experience. He does get better with it with every book though, as he gets older and more experienced.
Bagrat chapter 9 . 7/10/2018
No idea if you still use this site, but this was beautiful.

Thank you for the ride, even if it was cut short.
PsychoWing chapter 9 . 6/4/2018
I am highly entertained by this story and am very much looking forward to reading more. :)
LillyLove chapter 9 . 11/14/2017
This is brilliant and wonderful and great and so very well written! :)
Sefera chapter 9 . 9/11/2017
Vary interesting, I'm favoriting this, just incase you ever choose to continue it.
dogbertcarroll chapter 9 . 9/7/2017
It's a shame it ended there because that was brilliant!
ErRose chapter 9 . 7/22/2017
Aww, this is epic. Given the time of the last update, though, it looks like I may never get the continuation. Thanks for what you have given us.