Reviews for A Wizard Named Harry
Balthanon chapter 9 . 3/24
Very interesting so far and a good match for both books from a feel perspective. Hopefully you're still working on this when you have the chance.
SeverlyLate chapter 5 . 3/19
Boring mess...
Bail.
corwyn chapter 9 . 2/15
thank you for sharing this story. I'm certainly enjoying it so far.
CMVreud chapter 9 . 1/30
I think that 'don't try to open a portal to the Neverever, because you allready ARE in the Neverever' would be found under appendix 'b', right next to appendix 'c': I should have written that as first point.
Stromsten chapter 9 . 1/8
Oh, dear! PLEASE finish this story!
Ibskib chapter 7 . 12/9/2014
Seems like Harry really should make a new blasting rod pronto, he must feel pretty useless, not to mention vulnerable, at this point.
Ibskib chapter 5 . 12/9/2014
I can't really see any reason as to why Harry decided to confide in Snape, especially when Dumbledore didn't. It seems like the common fanfic error of having the protagonist overshare whether it makes sense or not.
Also it doesn't really seem in character for Snape to just accept the explanation and not impede, especially after the knowledge Harry showcased, it seems all the more likely that he would try to bore deeper.
Radon088 chapter 9 . 10/14/2014
This was awesome! More please!
Crystallea1321 chapter 9 . 9/18/2014
Wahahahaha! That was great! More please! Please?
mutecebu chapter 9 . 8/7/2014
Huzzah! I'm very, very glad that this story has its own plot, and an intriguing one at that. This is far superior to "let's replay the HP novels with Harry Dresden in place."

Thanks for writing this. If you decide to resume it, I will happily jump on it.
mutecebu chapter 6 . 8/7/2014
"You throw like a girl"

and the rembral lighting up to remind him that he's about to hit the ground.

And that last twist: oh my! Actual plot! What a pleasant surprise!
mutecebu chapter 5 . 8/7/2014
"Not only was life giving him lemons, it was giving him them as a suppository"
Wow. That's... wow. Hilarious.
mutecebu chapter 3 . 8/7/2014
I like all the little bits of commentary here, like the "sense of the dramatic".

"The list of things that can do that is actually pretty long, but you wouldn't want any of them close to your head"
"I've never seen him smile. [perhaps because] if I can see him, he can see me"

And of course, Enter Sandman. I wonder if that means Harry can use his own magic? (I hope so!) It could always be the rule-of-humor I suppose.
mutecebu chapter 1 . 8/7/2014
A nice opening! Snarky narration: check. Snarky dialogue: check. Burning buildings, pixies, and Harry trying not to ogle his apprentice? Check. That's... pretty much Harry Dresden in a nutshell, so full marks.

Come to think of it - there's not a whole lot of Harry Dresden fanfiction, but most of it seems pretty decent. I guess the author has a good formula that really hasn't gotten old despite 10 novels, so as long as the fanfic writers imitate it, they get decent results.
Bobboky chapter 9 . 7/30/2014