Reviews for Crossing the Bridge of Dreams
Miku'Chan364 chapter 2 . 8/7/2014
hikaru is to arrogant and is a brat... and a sulky one at that
aliya87 chapter 1 . 1/6/2014
intrigued, but where is the continuation?
dittoeevee8888 chapter 23 . 1/5/2014
This was definitely an interesting story - and I was quite surprised to see this continuation, given that I feel that many of my favourite authors on FanFiction seem to be dropping off. Nonetheless, I was happy to see it as it provided interesting insights to the original.

However, it does leave me to wonder, how the heck is [would] Hikaru survive in the court life? Especially with his loud mouth and such, I'm quite sure he would have even more enemies than Sai...XP
MimosaWisteria chapter 23 . 8/14/2013
An awesome fanfic! I absolutely LOVED IT :'D
fayriel chapter 23 . 7/11/2013
I was a bit afraid of the last scene, but you wrote it quite believable. Ty, for this wonderful fic. ...and...did you hear me scream ("SAIIiiiii, noooo!)?
19x19 chapter 23 . 7/10/2013
Congratulations on finishing this (novel length!) piece. I enjoyed reading it. Now that it's complete I suppose I should go back and read it through in one go, but I'm much too busy to do that just now, so it will have to wait.

What I liked best about CtBoD was the well-researched period detail and the care that went into thinking about the characters' motivations. Everyone acts in a personally consistent manner, without being a "cardboard" character. (As an aside, I would say that I would have tried to do more to give Akitada's perspective on things. Of course he thinks his actions are justified, but why, exactly?)

If I have to point out any shortcoming of the story, I would say that it has a tendency to be a bit static. Small cast of characters for such a long piece, not much "action". Events like Akari's adventure (it might have been
interesting to give more detail about this, from her point of view, by the way) and the flood added some excitement that the story sometimes lacked.

But really it's hard to say much bad about it. You've worked hard on it; maybe your example will prod me to do a bit more on the story I'm mostly blocked on right now.
19x19 chapter 22 . 6/30/2013
A little foreshadowing of Sai's ghostly future, hmmm?
19x19 chapter 21 . 6/18/2013
The end is in sight, is it? I'm looking forward to it.
Not much to nag you about, but I do see a typo: "dutyto".
Jac chapter 2 . 6/1/2013
The old man died? :(

The description of the game between Sai and Akitada was excellent! The pacing was just right.
Jac chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
I haven't reviewed anything on this site in a long time but I want to tell you that I haven't see a HnG fic like this in a long time. It has that 'spark' of what I like about HnG and it's a relief that there's no romance or any cliches like the ones I've see on this site or for HnG in general. I get to read the Hikaru that I love! Youthful, blunt, rash but very well-intended. And then, there's Sai who is elegant and a bit coy.

Glad to see you writing this piece! I'm going to stick around until the end.
19x19 chapter 19 . 5/30/2013
I'm glad to see Akari make an appearance. One of the things that makes this story more static than it might be is that the cast of characters is small. Bringing someone different "onstage" for a while changes the mood, which I think is a good thing. In general, I mean, not just for this story.
You talk about Akitada "realizing" his threat. This isn't wrong, but it would be much more usual to say that someone "carried out" a threat.
19x19 chapter 18 . 5/19/2013
I'm continuing to enjoy the story. I agree, Ashiwara is more fun.
You have a typo: "go payers".
Ciekawa Osoba chapter 17 . 5/13/2013
Oh, I wasn't expecting a mention in the AN! *humbled*
May I just say how adorable a naive Sai is? I did appreciate the Empress outlining the fulminating political field, for it confirmed my suspicions while elucidating several other gray routes.
Tora is an OC I don't mind; you've written him well. One thing that confuses me, though, is the line "Torajirou was my name before I took my oaths. She still insists on using it."
Why would the monk's name change before and after taking oaths? (I'm ignorant of Heian religious conventions...)
19x19 chapter 17 . 5/9/2013
I'm glad to see the plot moving forward. I wonder how the inevitable (I assume) tragic outcome will occur. Sai, for all his bumbling, seems to have lots of allies.

Do you mean

"no one has ruled past twenty years – many not even past ten"
"no one has ruled past twenty years – not many even past ten"

They don't mean exactly the same thing, but the latter phrasing is preferable, I think, if it does not depart too far from the intended meaning.
Ciekawa Osoba chapter 16 . 5/5/2013
Such A Novel Idea! This Is The Only Heian Fic I've Found, And Is Amazing. You're In-Character And Historically Accurate, And I Love Your Writing Style. I'll Be Watching You From Now On! (Apologies For The All-Capital First Letters, My Phone Overrides My Efforts To Undo The Capitalization)
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »