Reviews for Humbug
duj chapter 4 . 11/13/2013
Much the best Scrooge-inspired story I've ever read.
shadowkat678 chapter 4 . 8/30/2013
Wow! I always said Snape was a Scrooge! Cheers to everyones favorite snarky git!
2inchfish chapter 4 . 3/3/2013
Love this story! Thanks.
waterside chapter 4 . 2/18/2013
That was witty and heartwarming at the same time. The comparison between Snape and Scrooge is excellently done, too. I have thoroughly enjoyed your story, and I love the elegant way you have woven it into the canon events. Thanks!
Swallow B chapter 4 . 2/2/2013
I must confess my favourite chapter was the first. It made me laugh. So very Snape and such a good satire of the way Christmas is celebrated.

Excellent line about the Chosen One.

I liked the line about Dickens' dunderheadness too, though this little tale ends more or less in the same way. I am ready to believe Snape gets some kind of treat for his Slytherins, and for Minerva too.

I have read quite a number of fan fics inspired by 'A Christmas Carol', including another one by yourself. This one has an original side to it, as the book Snape despises, but still gives to Minerva influences the whole story. It's a nice idea.

I wish them both a happy evening
notwritten chapter 4 . 1/22/2013
This is good. Keep smiling. :-)
mountainmoira chapter 3 . 1/20/2013
I'd forgotten to say how much I admired how skillfully you wove canon into this chapter - well done indeed !
Arabella Lee Smith chapter 4 . 1/20/2013
This is utterly charming! You didn't have Snape turn sappy, but he was still benefited by his Christmas adventure. Very sweetly done, thank you!
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 1/20/2013
Bravo! Having Christmas in your heart all year round-why, it's just a saving of time and money. Right?

Splendid.
Moira chapter 4 . 1/20/2013
Well, this was simply wonderful - you've caught the tone of Dickens just so and yet given that perfect Snapian flavor. My, wouldn't Charles have been delighted if the Muse had gifted him with such a character? A true delight, this tale, and one I intend to keep as a seasonal gift to add to my own collection !
Slytherin66 chapter 4 . 1/20/2013
This was very good but I am sad its finished.

Snape would need to value his nose it takes up much of his face but it is a good Roman nose.

I had wondered about the Album for Harry it was a very insightful and subtle gift and those traits Hagrid is not known for. Albus will love his socks, I wonder if Dobby will envy his collection.

Severus will become a master of gift giving soon, Salazar would be proud he learned from the best, formed an allience or two and increased his own abilites which in turn will boost his reputation.

I am glad Harry will be regarded as more human he needs to be the Dursley's made him a house elf, Albus views him like a weapon or sacrfice to the greater good and to most others in power he is a threat or a pawn. Severus would be good for Harry to know or be on better terms with as only Severus knows what it is like to be used and Manipulated by both Tom and Albus.

The Slytherin's would talk about the cake an unexpected or needed act of kindness is always more appeciated.

Thanks for this it was insightful and funny, yet touching in places.
Slytherin66 chapter 3 . 1/20/2013
A good chapter.

A very funny line "But this story is set in Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry, so our hero merely said, "Oh, damn. Now what?"

"Snapely Tale" brilliant and very funny I can just imagine a book with that written on it hidden in the restricted section on on the office of the Headmaster.

A nice moment for Severus to see the real Harry than what he expects to see.
Slytherin66 chapter 2 . 1/20/2013
A very nice chapter I really enjoyed Flitwick being involved as he is such an overlooked character. I liked finding out about the security of the Ravenclaw tower as well.

Potion Masters would be good at cooking.

All the wand work of Flitwick would make his hand steady and him good with his hands as well.

The cake for the students was a nice gesture I am pleased the Slytherin's have one too as the House does suffer unfairly because of bias and Riddle. People remember him as being a Slytherin but nobody ever mentions the House Sirius or Peter was in. Salazar could not be all bad if he helped start a school and history and public opinion are not always fair or accurate look at Harry, his life and what people have thought of him.

I think many of the Slytherin's have no choice but to act the way they do in order to survive given how people hate, fear and resent them. I have always though Severus would be the best Head of House as he would need to stand up for them and would know what is like to have a hard life so would know what to look for or would make an effort to help them once he knew how.

I am glad Severus is on good terms with some of those he works with and Flitwick would be good company and as part Goblin knows what it is like to be an outcast. The wager idea was a good one. Given the trouble Bagman got into I think Magical people like to bet and its not like there is all that much to do in the magical world for fun.
Slytherin66 chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
This was great the thoughts of Snape were well thought out and just like I think he would be. Anyone who likes Chocolate Orange can't be bad, but now I want one. Snape does strike me as the type to enjoy chocolate and given the dark memories he has it would do him good.

Well said about Flitwick and Dumbledore's gift giving skills.

Severus xmas shopping would be wild it was well done and a nice choice of gifts with good reasons given.
Arabella Lee Smith chapter 3 . 1/18/2013
"But this story is set in Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry, so our hero merely said, "Oh, damn. Now what?" " - - Delightful.

Aw, even Snape has a heart, and even for a child who was prophesied at birth to be the chosen one. Thank you for this tale of wonder and wit.