Reviews for The Letter
CersiFinallyGotWhatSheDeserved chapter 1 . 8/11/2014
Very moving.
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
Well, this is a good one-shot story.

You did good keeping Frodo and Sam in-character, as if they were actually speaking those words. However, it seems the more in-character Sam is, the more irked I get because I know he wasn't the real hero of the quest, in spite of what his fans think of him. Somehow, even from the letter Frodo wrote to Sam, it seems that Frodo is the only one whose life was taken from him in the books, while Sam, Merry, Pippin, and the rest of the Fellowship that are still in Middle-earth live fuller and happier lives. I guess that's always been saddest part of the books, and it hits me every single time why Frodo didn't also have a happy and full life, as his friends did.

Good work, nonetheless.

-Aria Breuer

P.S. Is it all right with you if I put this story in my hobbit community?
Kay chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
This is brilliant, I cried :') Great job!
Reptile Princess chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
This was so pretty! I loved every sentence of it!
Anera527 chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
I loved this story! :) I like your twist on the usual letter-discovery story. Nicely done, well-written, and the letter sounded exactly like what Frodo would have said (especially him telling Sam he held his soul- that's an interesting take on it, but so true!
Taisi chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
So sweet, beautifully written, and wonderfully true to character.
TheDreadedLady chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
This made me cry. I just watched the extended version of RoTK and all the appendicies discs so everything is very fresh in my head right now...this brought on so much emotion. well done.
dreamflower02 chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
I've seen many "last letters" from Frodo in fic, indeed have written one myself. But this is one of the most moving and sounds the most like Frodo's "voice" that I can recall.

I am sure Frodo did leave a letter (or letters) for his most beloved friends-and I think this is just how Sam would have reacted to his.
RadcliffePotter chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
I'm not crying...it's just raining...on my face. What a beautiful story and how very in character it was. The idea that Frodo would want to save Sam further pain by "hiding" his note is just so Frodo that I found myself all choked up. Well written!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
Wow. What power words have, thank you for writing this.
BlackBandit111 chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
Oh my god. That was so bittersweet and so well written. I cried, there is nothing for it. It was so perfect, I could hear Frodo in every word. I loved it, good job.