Reviews for Interlude
Lisa Owens chapter 1 . 12/22/2017
This is one of my favorite stories! I come and read often, not lately, have been writing myself! It's how I envision the relationship between Barnabas and Willie! Keep on writing! I'm reading! Love this!It has the original flavor of Dark Shadows!
Gina chapter 18 . 10/28/2016
I loved this story. I was hooked after the 1st paragraph. Awesome job
IBarnabas chapter 18 . 9/12/2016
Awwww, such a nice sentiment to end on. So proud of Willie for his great use of Shakespeare in context. Look where it got him! He's done excellent in winning Maggie over, and his plans seem admirable. Looks like he's finally going to have a happy ending. Or is he? On to part VII! Excellent chapter!
IBarnabas chapter 17 . 6/6/2016
Great chapter! Harry's demise was satisfying indeed. I love this story and the way this chapter popped a few questions. Why did Barnabas agree to marry Julia and avoid the question? Did she blackmail him? I wonder...

Also, I love the plot of Willie taking on the same experiment as Barnabas. I never thought of the experiment being performed on Willie before, and that is true! He is the same age as when he was turned, so maybe this may work out for him and be a success! I can only hope so. What about Maggie? Can she put all of this behind her and give Willie a chance? In your universe, anything can happen, and I love it. Fantastic writing and great storytelling!
IBarnabas chapter 16 . 2/28/2016
Wow! Action packed at the end! Your words have great fight choreography! What a great twist! Didn't see that Mr J would be the next one who would be sired as a vampire. Definitely had me fooled. As always, your stories are perfectly written and very fun to read! Loved it when Barnabas said the word "dudes"! Good for Willie remembering those literary quotes and using them so well! Great chapter!
IBarnabas chapter 15 . 12/29/2015
So amazing how vampirism has been the vehicle for Willie's redemption. While Willie has always been a good guy at heart, it's really showing here more consistently than in times past. He has many powers, but he's only using them on a needs-to basis to survive. This really speaks worlds of his character. Power corrupts, but it doesn't seem so with Willie. The one guy who has all the reasons in the world to destroy everyone who abused him decides instead to help them. Very good development and brilliantly described!
Also, hats off to the Collinsport police force. These guys may be slow to respond to natural crimes, but, when it comes to supernatural, they are top notch and always readily accepting and willing to do what needs to be done! Before Ghostbusters, there was the Collinsport Police Department. Love this chapter!
IBarnabas chapter 14 . 12/29/2015
Wow. Great character interaction! Such a tragedy to hear of what happened to Harry and Julia. I don't say this often, but poor Barnabas. He is left alone without friends and can't show himself to anyone. So thankful that Willie returned to provide him some company. Loved that he gave him a BATMAN comic! What a lucky guy! Really says a lot of Willie to allow Barnabas a choice when he could've easily laughed off Barnabas' fate just like he did with Harry's and Julia's. Off to the next one! Can't wait to see what happens! In this universe, anything can, and I love it! You're awesome!
IBarnabas chapter 13 . 12/21/2015
What an endearing chapter! So glad someone else said it! I always thought Willie looked like Luke also! It was so nice to see the humanity in Willie displayed in such a caring way. With the way he was and has been taking out vengeance on people who were less than good to him, it was nice to see Willie still being kind to Lyddie. She did the best she could for sure and the best that she knew how at the time. Was really nice how he was kind to those she loved like Richard and little Ricky. Now that he's headed home, he better get ready! Who knows what will be waiting for him when he returns?
Really enjoyed this one! Bravo!
IBarnabas chapter 12 . 12/21/2015
Loved the character interaction! Love how you made Willie's blood lust for certain people like us when we crave certain food! Was so great seeing Captain Blarney again!
I'm curious about the new attacker, and if he or she is a new character or someone we've already known? Can't wait to keep on and find out!
Another great chapter and a pleasing storyline! -applauds- Always enjoy your writing and the passion you put into detail.
Now to find out where Willie is off too!
IBarnabas chapter 11 . 12/1/2015
Wow! So many feels. I can understand Willie's bitterness, and he's definitely justified in how he's acting. I understand his envy of nicer treatment, also. Interesting how he's becoming a monster as Barnabas was, although his motive is different because there are real emotional roots that fuel his actions. He's not like Barnabas that was only doing these things because he could. Despite being a vampire, Willie's not a monster. Loved where he punched the wall and told Harry to fix it! So satisfying! Great chapter and great emotions conveyed in this entry. Super duper!
IBarnabas chapter 10 . 12/1/2015
Oh my! Who knew that Harry was such a sadistic maniac?! Awesome tension and great buildup! The irony of Harry teasing HIM with chicken this time. Also, they must have given him an enormous overload of sedation because Willie was nearly unstoppable, and a lot of rage was still there in this chapter. Poor guy!
Would really love to see Harry get his, and hopefully at the hands of Willie! He better act quick, or there will be a vampire epidemic like in HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS! Can't wait to read how he...IF he...gets out of this mess! On to the next one! Excellent story and superb writing as always! You never disappoint!
IBarnabas chapter 9 . 12/1/2015
Wow! This is a really unexpected turn. Willie's primal nature is anforc Niobe reckoned with, and it hasn't even fully developed! Far be it from Willie to be a lackey for long. It's interesting how quickly his sympathy faded so quickly, but yet his boyish tendencies of Peter Pan still remain in that he is trying to learn how to fly and do these super things...and he's loving it! I wonder how they'll ever keep him tame? Hopefully they won't do him like they did with Adam and keep him confined to the basement! Will be going on to the next chapter to see what happens next! Excellent fight scene, and I must say, the action and movement scenes were very well-choreographed with your words. Excellent! Oh! Happy Birthday as well!
IBarnabas chapter 8 . 11/6/2015
Did NOT see this turn coming! Okay, I'm sold. This twist of being sired was a bold move, and you pulled it off very well. Takes a very daring and great writer to go in such a wild direction without it feeling like "jumping the shark", and you've proven that you can do it! Very happy with this turn and excited to see where we go from here! Now that Barnabas and Willie are on equal playing grounds, this should make for even more fun reading! Total master of twists!
IBarnabas chapter 7 . 11/4/2015
Oh my! What a climactic and unexpected ending! True master of a sudden mood twist! Love your style of so many moods and tones. Makes each twist so much more exciting because you never see it coming! Fantastic! :)
JoannaBlaidd chapter 1 . 10/12/2015
Oy, Barnabas is back to hitting Willie. I know, it's true to the show, but it's a part of the show that I hate. At least he's using a smaller stick, thank God. Anyway, the last line absolutely cracked me up. "If Barnabas was going to kill Ms. Hoffman anyway, Willie didn't see why he had had to get up to drive her home."

I also *love* the idea that Barnabas is encouraging Willie to improve himself through reading. Barnabas really would do something like that. He loves to try to improve people - usually by kidnapping and brainwashing them, but I can see that he could take on other improvement projects as well.

Interesting that Willie and Barnabas can communicate psychically even during the day. I've seen different interpretations of Barnabas's condition - he's dead during the day, he's asleep, etc.

So now I think I know the answer to a question I left at the end of the previous story - the fact that Willie drank blood from Barnabas isn't going to have effects other than curing the scar on his face.