Reviews for Lady Mary Crawley's Diary
Guest chapter 2 . 1/28/2013
This is brilliant, it made me laugh so much! Love how you captured Mary's total boredom pre-Pamuk, and how Matthew keeps popping up and getting in her way. Eagerly waiting for more!
jmm chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
Hilarious, and sweet, story! Really creative and original. "Not if Isis has anything to say about it." LOL! Looking forward to the Isis vs. Mary battle for Matthew.
circa1910 chapter 2 . 1/27/2013
Your Mary is very amusing and full of self knowledge. She's still a girl regardless of the sophisticated circles she moves in. I like the observations she makes about herself and others. Oh, and this Matthew is very promising. "Solicitous". He genuinely cares for her.
eyeon chapter 2 . 1/28/2013
Still LOL funny! "Diplomatic Incident List" especially Isis and Matthew! You're making Mary seem a LOT nicer that she seems (by S3 Ep 4). Maybe I'm thick, but I don't see why Matthew was confused at the end.

Hope there's more to come.
eyeon chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
What a tremendous idea! You are beyond hilarious! I can hardly read for laughing. Yes, def want Ch. 2.
usafan2 chapter 2 . 1/27/2013
This is so amusing- I think Mary is great and I love the playful tone ESP in light of all the recent drama. Can't wait for more!
darkblueyank chapter 2 . 1/27/2013
This is so good I am incoherent. All I could think was More More More!

One of the reviewers commented that Mary is slightly out of character. I don't think she is out of character so much as anachronistic in her diary writing - but it's a fun-anachronistic, not an annoying-anachronistic. She does come across as awfully immature, but then that's how Mary was in those first episodes. I've recently rewatched those pre-Pamuk episodes and she is so different from the Mary we see post-Pamuk and especially S2. Kudos to Michelle Dockery!

Please please update soon. You are such a welcome break from the death-sorrow and baby-fluff, as much as I enjoy that stuff too.
Rebecca chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
A little out of character but I enjoyed it immensely! I'm looming forward to being subjected to chapter two! :)
lookitfloats chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
I love this! I have to admit I'm usually pretty bored with Mary, but this is awesome and hilarious. As an Anna/Bates fan, I love the parts about them, even if I do disagree with Mary's unfortunate assessment of Bates. Anyway, looking forward to the next chapter!
circa1910 chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
Love it! Its good to know a character through her diary. Funny how she spies on Anna. Either she is a snoop or just curious and normal. Enjoy the little messages to Edith sprinkled throughout. You can imagine Edith snooping because she definitely has done it.
uncommonloon chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
I laughed out loud repeatedly. Thank you! Actually, I find this a refreshing change of pace from all the marriage/pregnancy stories (though I enjoy them too)...keep up the good work.
darkblueyank chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
LOL all of it
per se
usafan2 chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
This is fantastic. So fun and really captures their voices. I'd love to read more from you.
It's great to go back to season 1 but it would be great for you to capture some other times that if does not really address- like the pregnancy, the wedding/honeymoon.
613 | « Prev Page 1 .. 31 38 39 40 41