Reviews for Link in the Chain
AllyBearz chapter 6 . 8/19/2013
love this!
thebeagle chapter 6 . 8/8/2013
Really interresting story! I can't wait for more. Sometimes I wish you would gore more en depths with explaining how Tarzan or Jane feel or see eachother though, but it's still a good story. Hope you'll update soon!
emily.cambron.9 chapter 2 . 7/28/2013
To add to the previous comment is Tarzan going to be the long lost heir of some aristocratic title and the heir to a huge fortune? And is it going to be like the WB tv "Tarzan" show "before it became the CW) and Clayton is actually his or as in the first book his cousin?
emily.cambron.9 chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
I really like your version of Jane, she's still sassy, speaks her mind, is smart and cleaver. But she's also tougher than than the movie version, but I think it would be nice if you kept her still just a tad bit more "in her own world". I would LOVE to know what Clayton is up to and it would be cool if you did a Tarzan POV.

What other book characteristics are you going to add, I've read the first one (the others are really hard to find in libraries). Is Clayton going to have the hots for Jane and that's the other thing he is up to?
Hermes chapter 6 . 7/27/2013
Tarzan went to Jane in the first place because she is like him, something he realised when they touched hands, he believes she can give him answers to who and/or what he is, questions that Tarzan has beared all his life. Have him explain this to Jane, I am sure she would give Tarzan the answers he seeks.
Hermes chapter 6 . 7/27/2013
When Tarzan tells them about himself, write a heartbreaking scene where he tells them that all his life he's wondered what he is, why he's different from other gorillas, that he's always felt alone because of this. And when he realised Jane was like him, he's had a longing to understand her so he can understand himself. How would Jane feel about this?
Hermes chapter 6 . 7/27/2013
The fact that Tarzan moves on all fours fits the pattern, feral humans cared for by animals have been known to move on all fours. Have someone mention this.
In their attempts to teach Tarzan about humans, have them offer him human food, including meat. Tarzan being raised by gorillas and having animal friends would no doubt be a vegetarian, in fact I think he would be offended at being offered animal flesh to eat. Then have them ask what he does eat, which would be the things gorillas eat, including certain insects. How would they react?
Hermes chapter 6 . 7/26/2013
When Tarzan learns english, have them make a recorded interview with him, for the scientific community will want to hear what Tarzan would have to say.
And when will they ask him to take them to the gorillas?
Peter chapter 6 . 7/26/2013
In the movie they didn't just teach him english, they showed him slides to teach him about humans. So maybe you could have them show Tarzan pictures and video footage to teach him about humans.
Hermes chapter 6 . 7/26/2013
I really don't think Tarzan could learn english through a spanish language cd even with eidetic memory. He could only learn through a method of education designed for young children.
In case you plan to have them talk in the next chapter, I left a review in the last chapter on what they could talk about.
grapejuice101 chapter 6 . 7/26/2013
OMG I love this chap. I have a funny feeling that Clayton wants Jade for himself. Update
Indigoes where chapter 6 . 7/26/2013
Cool story :D
Stephen chapter 5 . 7/26/2013
When they do start talking to Tarzan, he will have the vocabulary of a child, so sentences said between them would be very simple.
The way Tarzan moves through trees are feats they wouldn't have thought humans could do, and the way he moves through them are exactly how an animal would. Have them observe and be amazed at his animal movements.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
I really like the way you put the Tarzan story into a modern setting. I also absolutely adore Lya!
Hermes chapter 5 . 7/25/2013
They could teach Tarzan english by using a laptop to go to an online educational program for small children. Write their amazement at how fast Tarzan is learning, then realise he must have eidetic memory. At that point have someone say "at this rate we will start having simple conversations with Tarzan in no time." When they do start talking to Tarzan, have them ask how he came to be in the jungle, (they are no doubt curious about that) write their reactions when he tells them he was raised by gorillas. Keep in mind that Tarzan only realises he's human when Kala shows him the treehouse, until then he thinks he's a gorilla himself but different, have him tell them that and write their reactions.