Reviews for Sink to the Bottom With You
Littwink chapter 1 . 6/8
The amount of work put into this is amazing. And this was one of the firsts! Color me impressed and awed and everything in between: Published date is October 9, 2000. This thing is a goddamn artifact. It’s older than I am! And it’s so well written too! So much dedication was put into this in a 7 year span and I’m just honestly amazed and proud and I’m literally tearing up as I type this but you are just honestly amazing and I’m honored that you dedicated your time into this when online fanfiction was a new thing and I’m just honored that you took that chance. Because your writing is truly the epitome of fanfiction. Just—wow.

I’ve decided to make a compilation of FFN fanfics that aren’t on AO3 to share with others, and I’d like to include this one. If you’d rather I not share this please tell me. If you’d like more information and or the link when I finally publish the list please inform me. Otherwise, thank you for making such a wonderful contribution to the FFVII fandom! And you’ve definitely played a big role in it. Honestly, because of this fic I’m considering looking into the older fanfiction sites too in the search for more after I finish my dig in FFN. I hope that sharing this with others will gain you more readers! I’m not even sure if you’re still part of the community because it’s been over 10 years since you’ve last updated but even so, I just want to let you know that you’ve made a lasting contribution to us. On behalf of all fandoms, and particularly the Final Fantasy VII fandom, I sincerely thank you for writing this fic.
randomuser1234 chapter 42 . 5/4
This is a very good story, it's sad to see that it hasn't been updated in over ten years. I really enjoyed the character development and Reno's backstory.
vinbunny chapter 1 . 3/2
Hello there!

I suddenly remembered this fic after so long, and I wanted to say thank you for writing it. Your work let me make the jump to writing my own stories, and made me realize how good something online could be. I hope you're doing well so many years later. Thanks for everything you did for a stranger on the internet.

:]
Chogiwa chapter 42 . 6/26/2017
I know it has been 10 years since the last update and there is little to no possibility of this getting continued despite ending in a cliffhanger but I hope every review then on has reached out. This probably has been the best ffvii fic out there. Good read is an understatement. I like how the characters' personalities did not deviate much from the original. I've read this fic more than 10 years ago and I just forgot to go back and somehow I stumbled at this again after all these years though still unupdated from where I left off, I still managed to faĺl on love with the story once again once more. My younger self was right choosing this fic.

I don't know which would kill me first: wait for this to update or wait for the release of ffvii remake. sigh
lectri chapter 42 . 2/15/2017
I just read this whole damn fic only to be left with a cliffhanger and no sequel :'(
Charles Xavier chapter 3 . 9/21/2016
Let's try this again:

charlesxavier85 AT hotmail DOT com
Charles Xavier chapter 2 . 6/15/2016
Sorry, that e-mail is charlesxavier85 .
Charles Xavier chapter 1 . 6/15/2016
Good lord. I can’t recall the last time I read this, and yet here stands one of the most recognized and iconic Yuffentine stories ever written, still incomplete. What a shame.

However, I don’t blame Catalina. It’s perfectly understandable if she’s chosen to move on in life and depart from the realm of fanfiction. Whether or not that’s true though, I highly doubt she has any more interest in continuing to write ‘Sink’, given how long it’s been since the last update.

And the reason I’m here is because I have some news for you readers. Digging through my old inbox recently, I just so happened to recover an old email from Catalina dating back from 2002 (!) which explains a few details of how ‘Sink’ would have ended.

Why did she tell me this, you ask? Well, I had this because a long while ago, I was attempting a rewrite of ‘Sink’ with a group of other authors, which ultimately failed and perhaps rightfully so. In fact reflecting back upon it, I regretfully admit that it was a dreadful idea and completely purposeless, but let’s not get into it further please…

I promised that I wouldn’t share this email with anybody else, and I haven’t, but considering the fact that’s it’s now nearly been a decade without any updates on ‘Sink’ or any further word from Catalina herself (or at least that I’m aware of), I feel the time may be opportune to finally make this information public on the Internet.

Granted however, I’m not disclosing an entire ending, and I’m not certain myself if Catalina had a clear idea for one in the first place. Regardless, the information I could share with you will reveal the fate of some of the characters by the end had the story progressed further, particularly that of Yuffie, Vincent, Titus, Fa-Li/Alette and even Mika.

I’m aware that many long fans of the story have most likely lost interest in ‘Sink’ by now, possibly forgotten about it, but just for any handful of those still remaining, if you would like to know about what Catalina had intended for the ending, drop me an email () or simply PM me regarding this and I’ll forward you Catalina’s message.

Just thought it’d be nice to offer at least a small bit of closure to this unfinished piece of work and maybe clear up some readers’ debates and unanswered questions.

And Catalina, if by the smallest chance you’re reading this and have any issues with what I might divulge, kindly let me know. I’d assume you wouldn’t, again bearing in mind the length of time it’s been since you’ve uploaded anything, but just in case…
LunarCatNinja chapter 42 . 3/29/2016
On one hand I'm happy my friend had me read this because this is a great story. ON the other hand... I'm not sure if you'll be updating this since the last time was apparently nine years ago. Oh well. I shall hope that this is continued one day. With a (hopefully) happy ending.
Guest chapter 41 . 3/3/2016
Great story, but sadly unfinished. There's probably not a chance you'll even read this, but I still have to say how much I appreciate it, and if you ever decide to come back, know that you have readers waiting for you.
impr0mptu chapter 1 . 2/11/2016
Ok, first impressions? I loved it, and I'm looking forward to reading more
UnLike Us chapter 42 . 2/11/2016
Hi again. I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed your fic. It was well written with beautiful and sometimes fun renditions of the world of FFVII. Entertaining dialogue where the original game characters aren't too far of from the game and the original character are interesting and give an added depth too the characters. Renos trauma, the death of his daughter Mika at the hands of his wife, was an interesting an unexpected twist but also refreshing. I've seen fics where the root of Renos sorrows and alienation lies with a loved lost, yet the pure love and sorrow of the loss of an innocent life along with a deep sense of betrayal seems to cut so much deeper. Though I suspect there's more to his daughters death then Reno thinks, but I may never know now.

Yuffie, my favourite character in this fic, is truly entertaining with her lively, playful and talkative attitude that lightens the mood and stumps her enemies even when she's in a pinch. Yet behind her happy go lucky facade is a deep but still innocent loneliness that no one seems to see. Vincent is, well Vintcent. An interesting character but hard to write about without turning him into someone else. I think you did a good job of not making him too talkative like in so many other fics, yet not so silent he's unable to hold a conversation with anyone. I also appreciate that you tuned down on his mourning for Lucretia, making it a silent taboo instead of a constant inner torment. The interactions between Vincent and Chaos are also very intriguing, with the communication difficulty yet somehow intuitive understanding between them. ì'm very interested about Chaos's back story, though again I'm not likely to find it out now.

Another thing else I greatly appreciated in you're writing was how you didn't neglect any of the other characters in AVALANCHE and the Turks. In many other fan fiction works I've seen the authors always tend to have a particular character they dislike with becomes painful clear in the way these characters dislikable incentive and shallow behaviour. But the people you render in your writing, though all have their faults and imperfections have also there kind likeable sides which sometimes lie behind their obnoxious behaviour.

I've bet you noticed by now that my favourite chapters are the character development ones just like yours were almost 10 years ago when you last wrote this. Gosh, that's a long time, I was 10 years old then. Time moves on yet your hard work remains on the internet keeps alive and appreciated for as long as the interest for FFVII remains, unfinished or no.

Hmm. Got a little side tracked there. Well I may as well finish with a little anecdote. The "tbc" you started to add in the later chapters was an unfamiliar term to me. The first thing I thought of was tuberculosis, which was also the first thing I found on my first search on the internet. I figured you probably didn't mean it that way so I continued on to the Urban Dictionary where I found the likely meaning: To Be Continued. It's not to late yet, you know. Though it's still good as it is. I'd understand if this sort of writing no longer entertain you, or you're old writing send shivers of embarrassment up you're spine and the folly of you're youthful teenage life shame you. 10 years is a long time after all.
UnLike Us chapter 17 . 2/9/2016
Hi there. New reader here. I usually save the comment for the last chapter for a story written sol long ago, but I'll make an exception for this chapter. This chapter was so damn funny I laughed the entire way the the buggy trip. And that's saying something because I usually never laugh on any of the stories. So good job on the humor part.
I'm a Coffee Bean chapter 24 . 2/28/2015
Somehow... I want a love triangle between Titus, Yuffie and Vince. Seriously.
Thank you chapter 42 . 9/6/2014
I remember when I first found this it was like gold dust. It sucked me in and before I knew it I didn't know where canon ended and this fiction began because it just so good.

I just realised that was nearly 10 years ago.

I still come and find this fiction every now and again when I'm down, and it still hasn't lost it's shine.

Wherever you are Catalina, I hope you're happy and blessed and using your talent. Thank you for sharing your story with us.
1,385 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »