Reviews for North of London
ThePainterOfWorlds chapter 32 . 5/2
Oooh, I need to know how this turns out! Please update soon.
ThePainterOfWorlds chapter 15 . 4/25
I'm slightly confused why the chapter is called Samuel Watson when the baby is called Stanley. :/
RedStalkingDeath chapter 5 . 4/22
Hmm, there seems to be a part missing... :(
Pipkin in the Grass chapter 32 . 3/20
I have to say your summary of this fun story is ridiculously amusing to me. I am glad that this story exists; I do find it to be a little heavy on the drama for my tastes, but I am always entertained when I read the latest chapters.
Keep up that good work!
Jwaz01 chapter 32 . 2/23
Thanks for the awesome chapter! this arc is incredible!
draegon-fire chapter 31 . 2/18
I think John sort of dropped the ball on the situation with Mary. She was attacked, and as a magistrate, John should bring charges against James Slickson. But he's also master of Marlborough Mills, which puts him in a delicate situation, since Slickson is also a master, and rival. I hope John does find Margaret at Fanny's.
Sey77 chapter 31 . 2/18
I hope fanny is correct. It's lovely to see them as friends...
Great chapter... Mary was defending herself so yes, she shouldn't be found guilty. Love your writing.
Jwaz01 chapter 30 . 1/29
Mary MARY…I like her character.
_thanks for the chapter.
Sey77 chapter 30 . 1/29
No! She definitely shouldn't get charged. In fact, he should be charged with assault.
draegon-fire chapter 30 . 1/29
I think the charges should be dropped, since the boy lived, and it was self defense. And add to the fact there were witnesses. I think there should be some sort of justice for Mary, especially since it was Slickson's son who attacked her.
HHH'sunforgettableprincess chapter 1 . 1/1
I think this was a beautiful way to start your story. The tenderness between John and Margaret was palpable. You write exceptionally well. Keep it up! :)
MJLolanaK chapter 29 . 12/11/2014
I'm so very in love with this story! Please keep up the amazing work. there are just a few minor slips that could be fixed, but for the most part it's perfect! My BF is finding it rather amusing how much my facial expression get's into the book I'm reading, and this story is not in the least different. He can tell how things are going by reading my face. Even he's taken to reading it as he has a certain fondness for Gaskell's N&S himself and he sends his complements on a job well done!
MJLolanaK chapter 2 . 12/11/2014
I'm only two chapters in and I'm in love already. They way you've woven the story in very much the way Gaskell herself did floors me. As a fellow writer I must sing your praises at how well you've mimicked her style an yet come up with wonderful new content to further the story on! Simply wonderful, Dear! Keep it up!

P.S. I'm follow Richard Armitage's work rather closely and they way you're writing John, I can just see him and hear him saying the lines and giving those subtle little expressions and movements that are a hallmark of his acting talent! ...and on that note, I'm all for an M rating later on! (please and thank you)
draegon-fire chapter 29 . 11/19/2014
I think the dinner went rather well, with the exception of Mrs Slickson. But it's good that Margaret was defended by Mrs. Dickson, who would appear to have more pull with the other ladies. And I think it helped matters that Margaret remembered Mrs. Hamper's son. But what was that look of sadness on John's face? I'm wondering if he felt more for Miss Latimer than he let on.