Reviews for North of London
draegon-fire chapter 37 . 8/23
I'm glad James was found guilty. I can understand why the jury said conspiracy, and not actual rape. Without hearing the other testimony yet, it's hard to determine who actually committed the act. I think Margaret should've told John about Mary being pregnant, but then again, it's not her secret to tell. If Slater knew, it definitely would cement James Slickson's guilt, unless it was Kal who committed the act. There's no doubt the three of them acted together.
draegon-fire chapter 36 . 7/31
Margaret should've told John what happened. He's a Magistrate, and could've done something. There's no telling what kind of talk he's heard about Margaret. I hope things work out, and I have the sane suspicion that Mary is pregnant. I wouldn't mind seeing something happen to Sydney Hamper as well. I think it will serve those family's right.
Sey77 chapter 36 . 7/27
I hope it has a happy ending. I would hate to see anything bad happening to our lovely family.
draegon-fire chapter 35 . 7/9
I'm glad Slater's been cleared up. I would've hated it if he was found to be corrupt. I just don't understand why Mary would change her story, unless she was threatened in some way. She needs to be honest, because by lying, she's hurting noone but herself.
draegon-fire chapter 34 . 6/24
I think it's good that they're going to turn in the piano. If Margaret can get Mary to testify, then she can testify in turn about the conversation the two had, plus the bribe. Things wouldn't look so good for Slickson then. I hope Slater didn't take a bribe, but it's hard to determine his character at this point.
CrazyMommyMe chapter 33 . 6/17
Hmm interes5ing... wonderful chapter can't wait for the next.
viridianaln9 chapter 33 . 6/17
I like it.
draegon-fire chapter 33 . 6/16
Well, that explains why the other accused have new things; they accepted bribes from Slickson. I hooe it backfires with the Thorntons. If Margaret testifies about the bribe attempt, then it would look bad for everyone else. I hope to see Slickson found guilty. Attempted bribery of a Magistrate would certainly look bad. I hope Slater didn't accept any bribes either.
ThePainterOfWorlds chapter 32 . 5/2
Oooh, I need to know how this turns out! Please update soon.
ThePainterOfWorlds chapter 15 . 4/25
I'm slightly confused why the chapter is called Samuel Watson when the baby is called Stanley. :/
RedStalkingDeath chapter 5 . 4/22
Hmm, there seems to be a part missing... :(
Pipkin in the Grass chapter 32 . 3/20
I have to say your summary of this fun story is ridiculously amusing to me. I am glad that this story exists; I do find it to be a little heavy on the drama for my tastes, but I am always entertained when I read the latest chapters.
Keep up that good work!
Jwaz01 chapter 32 . 2/23
Thanks for the awesome chapter! this arc is incredible!
draegon-fire chapter 31 . 2/18
I think John sort of dropped the ball on the situation with Mary. She was attacked, and as a magistrate, John should bring charges against James Slickson. But he's also master of Marlborough Mills, which puts him in a delicate situation, since Slickson is also a master, and rival. I hope John does find Margaret at Fanny's.
Sey77 chapter 31 . 2/18
I hope fanny is correct. It's lovely to see them as friends...