Reviews for Gregor's Journey
Coruscant chapter 1 . 12/17/2013
Clone commandos have personal energy shield on their Katarn armors. So the fragments would hit the shields
impoeia chapter 5 . 6/15/2013
I thought this was a great idea for how Gregor might have gotten his name. Hockey, or hoquet, is certainly a sport that would appeal to the clones and it explains why Gregor has, as Sev said, such an un-clone like sounding name. And it makes sense to call yourself after a sports hero, as in this story, Gregor is still on Kamino and relatively young. It's such an adorable kid thing, to want to be like your hero.

I particularly liked Gregor's astonishment over the fact that these men compete for fun. That, I think, more than anything, marks just how different a life the clones lead.
impoeia chapter 4 . 6/14/2013
It's almost like Gregor is being haunted by his old memories, or his old self. As if Commando Gregor were trying to fight his way through the amnesia in the night, to try and take back his body. Or to drive home the point that he does not approve of the life Gregor is living now. Which I thought was a really interesting idea when I read it. But it makes sense. Gregor the Dish Washer is such a different person, he leads such a different life, that it's almost like he has a split personality, trying to become one again.

I liked how this was a bit of a behind the scenes glimpse of what we didn't see during the episode. Getting a look at Gregor's routine before he met up with D Squad reveals a lot about the life he's been living.
impoeia chapter 3 . 6/12/2013
Uhh, I felt a bit of a shiver run down my spine reading this one. That is one ticked off commando, though really Borkus didn't deserve much better. The contrast, though, between this Gregor and the one we saw at the beginning of the episode is startling. This man is all commando: lean, mean and a confidant fighting machine with a score to settle. I thought the bit about the knife was a particularly nice touch. Very badass. It's amazing how much confidence one can gain, simply by knowing who you are.

This was also very well written. I could see all of the actions taking place in my mind, though like I said, the image of Gregor leaning against the diner's wall, flipping that knife is my favorite.
impoeia chapter 2 . 6/9/2013
I loved this. The entire struggle between Gregor the Dish Washer and the reemerging Captain Gregor was fantastically written and really pulled me into two directions. On the one hand, I kind of liked the Dish Washer. He seemed like a very kind person, but on the other, his timidity surprised me. And I like Captain Gregor's determination, but that scene about him watching Borkus and analyzing possible points of injury scared me a little two; it seemed very cold and calculated and not particularly kind. So I wasn't really sure whom to root for. The idea that the Captain would never look back on the Dish Washer was very sad to me. Though Gregor's life under Borkus could not have been pleasant, I feel that maybe he lost something as well, by simply walking out on that life.

I also love the idea of dreams and partial memories haunting this poor fellow, of him trying to figure out who it was that had told him to go on. This was such a fantastic struggle between memory and personality, duty and fear, the past and the present. You really captured all the issues that the series failed to address and I loved reading every word.
impoeia chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
I like the way you handled the problem of memory in this chapter. Certainly Gregor's first anxiety would be that he would lose his memory all over again, so I thought the inclusion of his little mantra and his constant reminder that he was an RC quite realistic. Focusing on those two things certainly sounds like Gregor.

What I also really liked was the contrast between his missing memory and his body memory. Not only is the fact that his body knew what to do a testament to his good training, but also a sign that no matter Borkus' brainwashing, Gregor would always be a commando. Even if you lose your memory, something inside you remembers who you are.

Then there are the little flashes of memory he keeps getting. Those are very interesting insights into his past and my curiosity has been aroused. I would very much like to know more about Gregor, particularly after you raised the interesting question if that is even his name.
Eregnar chapter 3 . 2/22/2013
Is this a collection of one-shots, or is it supposed to be a congruous story? Because this doesn't seem to fit with chapter 1. Super-cool though :)
Jade-Max chapter 5 . 1/30/2013
As someone who's grown up with hockey, I must say that you didn't do too bad of a job with the game itself ;) It's a little sad that the guys have to hide it though. The clones really were denied all the nice little pleasure we seem to take for granted, weren't they?

The nod to where Filoni came up with Gregor's name is adorable :)

I really enjoyed Gregor hanging out with his fellow Commandos; while not exactly sweet, there's an obvious bond between the brothers with their friendly rivalry over the game. That Gregor is shown here as impressionable is just too cute!

Yes I know; Commandos aren't 'cute' - they're manly :รพ

Good job!

And the obligatory bit that jumped out at me with a missing word near the end there: "I don't what you two think," - I believe 'care' should be in there somewhere ;)

This was a lot of fun; what a neat idea for where Gregor got his name - both in the show and out! :D
SaintOfAllSaints01 chapter 5 . 1/29/2013
It's great to see Gregor's past life. I hope to see more of these chapters and stories of him in The Clone Wars.

Also, George Lucas doesn't actually own Star Wars no more. He's jut waiting in an underground bunker waiting for this so called 2012 nonsense.
ItsATrap101 chapter 5 . 1/27/2013
Interesting story. Great job.
Comrade chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
Yay Gregor!
LongLiveTheClones chapter 5 . 1/22/2013
This made a great ending to the Gregor challenge, and I only hope that one day Dave gets a chance to see it since he is such a hockey buff. Hoquet. Love it.

And, the team names seemed quite fitting somehow when you think of all the names we have for hockey teams like the Mighty Ducks and what not... it worked very well in the story.

Love how he chose this as his "naming" moment. Truly great way to end our series of tales. Well done.
Jess Marylin chapter 5 . 1/21/2013
Gregor's cadet days. :) Well done.
Jade-Max chapter 4 . 1/18/2013
I did nothing - this was all you :D

I really enjoy this little delve into Gregor's past and how you made it fit all the while insinuating something a good deal more sinister in Gregor's life with the Sullustan and his expectations.

The flow of it along with Gregor's thoughts and feelings really work within the context of the challenge. I think the part I like most is the allusion to the fact he knows something is wrong, that he knows there's more, he's just never given the support from Borkus to explore it and rediscover who he really is.

A great little missing moment :D
Jess Marylin chapter 4 . 1/18/2013
Good precursor to Gregor meeting D-Squad. :)
Patiently awaiting the next update!