Reviews for Reckoning
Noname chapter 1 . 7/12/2016
"Respect for her kenjutsu skills"? Suggesting that Kenshin wouldn't respect her aside, Kaoru is only slightly above average in that department.

She can handle the regular thugs okay, people with no real training, but she's not good at defeating multiple opponents at once for long. She's not even a match for Sanosuke. She beat Kamatari but only with Misao's help, and couldn't bring down the fake Battousai. There's always gonna be fangirls trying to hype her up though, I guess.
wittyying chapter 4 . 5/5/2011
haha! This is hilarious! Can't wait to find out what Kenshin will do!
Hotaru Himura chapter 5 . 10/12/2010
hahahh this was funnny :D and cute :D
Obsequious101 chapter 5 . 8/8/2010
I just love the stories where Kaoru fights back, when she doesn't come across as weak and pathetic. I loved it, it really made my day haha :D
evilteddybear chapter 5 . 8/5/2007
Thank you for your time and effort! I appreciate the work that went into writing this story. :D
Miss DnG chapter 5 . 3/26/2007
WEll, that was a great story! It was funny, romantic, Kaoru got to KICK ASS! ! it was GREAT! :D absolutely loved it xD
bobtheinsaneGREENcrayon chapter 5 . 1/21/2007
so here I am, having just flamed a megumi/kenshin (bleh!) fic, and looking for something with actual quality! I found it!

nobody really realizes that Kaoru is more than the average girl (she's been kidnapped twice, 'killed' once... oh well, it's a shonen manga, so the girls are damsels in distress by default) and I'm glad that she got some glory in this fic! tee hee! *hops up and down like an oversized bunny-rabbit*
Moonlight Star Phoenix chapter 5 . 9/9/2006
this is totally one of the best fics ever! I LOVE "Kaoru Empowerment" fics. I don't care what people say, they rock, Kaoru rocks and so does feminism! Kaoru has always been one of my favorite characters of all-time!

i dislike how sexist the guys are and am glad that Kaoru's actually making a stand and not bending her beliefs, not even in the face of love. i truly think that's something to be applauded as many people usaully sucuumb entirely to love.

I wholeheartedly and personally agree with what you had to say ChaosBurnFlame. I think that even if Battousai doesn't normally swear, we could overlook it. after all, he's only human and ,plus, you can just think of it as a way of portraying his anger, seeing as you can't exactly see OR hear how pissed he is.

I love the fighting scene between Kaoru and Kenshin. I don't care if others think it impossible, it kicks butt and so does Kaoru!

I think Sano's a bit insenitive, all he seems to think about is his gambling, Yahiko overheard wrong - :Laughs: - and disses "Busu" too much. I'm suprised, though. Where's Megumi?

i think Manami is a good thing - and person, despite what others may say. he seems a real nice person and restored - and boosted - Kaoru's confidence in herself. i wonder what happens to him?

I think you should do another chapter with Kaoru fighting Sano and proving him wrong. But it's just me who thinks that, so please pay no heed. Anyways, awesome story, feisty victorious Kaoru and a happy ending - what more could you want?

Wow, this is the longest chaspter I've ever written! Does anyone know how to delete a story from MY Favorites?

Ja Ne! :D :)

Moonlight Star Phoenix
skenshingumi chapter 5 . 4/8/2006
I really enjoyed this story and wish you would post more RuroKen. I will be honest though, I completely don’t believe Kaoru would beat him. He's the best of the best, he knows how to hang onto his sword and how to fight unarmed to get it back. Still, I enjoyed it all very much.
skenshingumi chapter 4 . 4/8/2006
Hmm, Kenshin sounds a bit Battousai but I had figured he would more likely go into a deep depression and leave the dojo. If he fights for her, I take that as a good sign.

I like how Kaoru is sticking to her passions here. She loves Kenshin but she has a right to feel her talents are overlooked. By the way, I don’t think that Minami-san should call Kenshin Kenshin. He doesn’t know him so I would think Himura-san would be the respectful way to address him. Since he seems basically nice and not like he wants to call him out for a duel, I would expect him to use that vs. Battousai or in one case, Kenshin.

I always enjoy a story with a strong Kaoru. I think her warrior's spirit, her strength and her determination draw Kenshin just as much as her kindness and innocence.
skenshingumi chapter 3 . 4/8/2006
Poor Kenshin, it must have been painful to admit the awful truth to Sano and Yahiko especially when they had so much faith in him. I get a very bad feeling about how the next few days will go.
skenshingumi chapter 2 . 4/8/2006
Oh, you have to cringe at the words Kenshin uses. Truly an "open mouth, firmly insert foot" situation, if there ever was one. And after he so sweetly tries to hold her hand too! Of course, three cheers for Kaoru for letting him know just how strong she is, something he has had ample opportunity to find out for himself.
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
Kenshin must not be thinking clearly if he is confiding his thoughts to these two and thinking they will actually not screw it up. I hope he does take Sano's advice though and acts happier about the prospect of marriage. He knows he loves Kaoru but he seems to be dreading any change. I guess his age and his fear of losing the only stability he has ever had in life are getting to him.
Dark Lilith87 chapter 5 . 7/21/2005
hi! just wanna say i really liked your fanfic. i liked the way kenshin gets nervous and jealous. but i wanna point out that Kaoru would NEVER be able to beat kenshin. its impossible. also, kenshin knows how to fight without a weapon. true, hes not as strongs but hes still not a "weak" fighter. also, Kaoru will never stand up to Battousai like that. the few times she have seen him, she was terrified. even is she was mad, she would never have the courage to stand up to him like that.

anyway, i just wanna to point that out. i still think that your fanfic is really good, if not a little unrealistic.
scythe195 chapter 1 . 5/17/2004