Reviews for Will The Real Narcissist Please Stand Up?
TheEnglishImmy chapter 20 . 6/14
I realise that this story was published over three years ago and I have no idea whether you are still active on fan or will even receive this reply but I wanted to, as an avid NCIS fan, display my awe at the depth of this story. I have not yet read the sequel (although intend to soon) but certainly your evaluations of the team on a mental level, (although obviously over exaggerated for the purposes of the story) came very close to my own opinions of the characters ways of thinking. Whether you yourself see the characters in the show this way or not, that factor along with your clean and creative writing style, made this fic one of the best I have ever read.
P.s Sorry for my long winded comment but I just had to express how great I found this fic.
Sarai chapter 20 . 6/11
awesome
bookgirl113 chapter 20 . 6/10
I'll admit, I started reading this just looking for a heap of Tony angst and some righteous anger, but HOLY SHIT, this story. Massive plot, character development, comprehensively written, and two fucking HUGE plot twists at the end! And that new job, damn. Perfect for Tony, and he can actually have a career that he'll love! I held off on all the rants I wanted to do throughout the story (maybe a wee bit too invested, but rightfully so), both because I could never say nearly enough about these characters and because I was too focused on the story to be distracted for even a minute! This was a remarkable piece of writing, and I hope you already posted the sequel cuz im diving straight into that once I stop writing this.

Best of luck with your writing, and lots of love and good vibes, Liz:)
TLWtlw chapter 1 . 5/27
Was Faith Coleman the one that defended Harmon Rabb when Gibbs arrested him for the murder of Loren Singer?
a chapter 4 . 5/12
I consider Gibbs' refusal to except the awards to be not only an insult to other recipients and the people who chose him as recipient, but also an insult to the people whose lives he saved. It robs them of an outlet to express their gratitude and find closure and it implies that saving their lives wasn't anything worthy of note. It would be one thing to occasionally miss an award ceremony because he has a conflict of higher priority, but intentionally missing every reward ceremony is just plain rude.
Scoops838 chapter 20 . 2/25
Loved this story from the start right through to the very end. Would love to see you write some of the continuing adventures of Anthony DiNozzo superstar / undercover operative.
royalelephant chapter 20 . 2/1
I started reading this story once I got your reply to my review in your other story (sorry for the barrage of words, by the way). I was very interested because it revolve around narcissism and the much-lamented NPD (well, in this story, at least). To be honest, I have always think that most of the MCRT possess some narcissistic traits, especially Gibbs and Ziva. As for McGee, I figure it is more of inferiority complex where he feels the need to constantly put someone down in order to feel better about his own qualities, and Tony is an easy target because the guy let everyone get away with everything as long as the damages are contained on him personally. (And Gibbs, Ziva, and Abby would just eviscerate him if he tried). I fully expected a public dressing down to the GIbbs character, and hoped for more, which you totally delivered. It was an exhilarating experience, reading your story.

I have to confess that I was startled when you open the first chapter with Michelle Lee, not because she is a bad character but because the way she was killed would have left the story with a very abrupt ending or short timeline, but then you then her into a catalyst! I've always liked Lee since she might be the only team member (as in anyone who has been on the MCRT at the same time as Tony) who respect Tony and do the job professionally. I wished she was still there to give them legal advises seeing how much they had bent the laws. I won't comment about Bishop since I have yet to watch the episodes she's in (Did I mentioned I was turned off NCIS because of the incomprehensible character developments?). Truthfully speaking, while the build-up background for Lee to be the mole was more-or-less done over several episodes like it should be, it would have made the series much more exciting if the mole in Domino was McGee, or other characters that had been given more screen time that Lee and her two stints in MCRT (and various affairs with Jimmy).

Given the first-hand experience my whole country in suffering because of some lawyers' selfishness and overall corruptness, Howard Jefferies hardly registered as a bad guy for me in this case. Yes, he's a vindictive, selfish dirty SOB; but all the things he armed himself with to attack the case was always there for him to use. On the one hand, I really, really hate him for helping a killer walk free, though, and I know it's going to come back to bite him in the career driven conniving behind sooner or later. On the other, I want to go up and firmly shake his hand for shake his hand for seeing the fatal flaw in the way MCRT (and NCIS-DC as a whole, I guess) a was functioning, letting Gibbs get away with lies, abuses, harassment, insubordination, non-compliance, and so on and so forth. It was bound to be dug up and spread for all to see one day anyhow. If it was the real world and not NCIS-world anyway.

Another confession, the couple of chapters where Tony's character witnesses were called forth kinda glazed my eyes over I had to re-read them before moving on. It felt like my brain was ingesting too much all at the same time. Sorry.

I would like to point out that, for me, the reason for Tony not being able to forgive all the yahoos was not simply the betrayal of making fun of him behind his back, but more for the fact that it continued for so long with such carelessness and cruelty that were evident enough to cause serious problems to the life of others as well as destroyed the case. Oh, and the fact that it was all done behind his back like highschoolers. I just think that, at the core, Tony would still thinking of others first before himself. And no, none of them deserve to be forgiven by Tony. Those bridges should be burned. Professionally I would have recommended career change for Tony since year four and let MCRT implode upon itself long before he has to suffer. But well, it's Tony.

I love how you bring about Tony's support group from existing characters who'd been there in Tony life and built good rapport with him before. I hardly recall Balboa, but I have an impression he's a good guy. Jimmy might as well be Tony's best friend, and I suppose he is, seeing how they support each other after the Hiatus fiasco. I remember Jardine, but might have to look up Cassie. All your other originals are actually more probable than the cannon characters, I'm afraid. Yes, I mean the dubious celeb-spy group too.

Finally, I absolutely grateful for your using the rule "never apologize" as one of the raveling point to discredit Gibbs. Among all his rules, I may deplore that one the most. I'm from a culture that teach me to apologize if I found my self in a clash between individuals. Because it doesn't matter who is in the wrong, people do not clash one-sidedly. Like one cannot clap one hands with only one hand. It's why I think Tony was wrong too, for letting people get away with being their nasty selves towards him. Um. Well. Maybe that's why he has more people who love him than I ever will.

One more thing, I respect your ability keep the story within the confine of NCIS (and some JAG) more-or-less canon possibilities. It's not easy, I know. The screenwriters have done such fantastic jobs in scrambling good backstories one after another, as well as conveniently 'forgetting' character flaws of all the sweethearts. It was too much for me to go on within that world. The best I ever came up with for Tony was having him taking Agent Afloat position over in Atlantis (as in Stargate Atlantis) per the president order (because why not?) Well, partially because there's another underappreciated genius character over there that I need them to be bestbros and happy together.

Lastly (finally, I know it was long), thank you for pointing me in this direction. I will definitely look up the sequels. Who knows, I might go back to watch NCIS more seriously after a couple more stories from you.
Guest chapter 20 . 8/10/2015
Wow, this story was amazing! You had me completely fooled and i loved every minute of it! Thanks so much for sharing this. You are brilliant!
Rocky Oberlin chapter 20 . 4/18/2015
This was a request from a fic search site that I happened to read. It drew me in and and regretted having to put it down. You told the story flawlessly and kept my interest up through the whole story. You also did a good job at the red herring on making Gibbs lose his temper in the courtroom. Looking back, there were a few hints as to what was going to happen, but they were over shadowed by the bigger problem of what was happening to Tony. Although, I do want to see just what will happen to the "premiere" MRCT team now that Tony is gone.
Cassandra30 chapter 20 . 2/22/2015
Good going, Dr McStar!
Cassandra30 chapter 16 . 2/21/2015
Wonderful!
Cassandra30 chapter 15 . 2/21/2015
Good chapter. Intense, realistic very satisfying.