Reviews for The Shoemaker and the Elves
Carling chapter 1 . 4/5
What a beautiful story. Harry broke my heart, but Draco was way stronger than I would have been. He made a happy Christmas for himself, despite everything. He was so brave and lovely and persevering. Minerva was never in the story and yet she was quite the fairy godmother in a way. She never stopped looking after her former student in such a thoughtful unobtrusive way.
jeannie kaulitz chapter 1 . 3/31
I really loved reading this fic! A very good harry potter version of a children's story book, though I already forgot the title of the story but I think it's kind of the same as the title in your story... At first I thought that it was harry had one of malfoy's elves and somehow ordered them to help draco because the next day Harry bought the same shoes but I really liked the original thought better... thanks!
Kat chapter 1 . 2/16
That just
took my breath away
Dear geez
It was adorable and painful and cute and funny and awkward and there aren't enough words for the fluffy sentimentality it evokes
Glynna chapter 1 . 2/13
Adorably cute.
Wordless chapter 1 . 2/8
This story! I was sitting on the edge of my seat the while way through, thinking oh god realise it already realise it! And then harry made the error and I was like nooooooooo and then he came back and it was Christmas and AAAAHHH! I loved it, thank you xx
JLF chapter 1 . 1/13
Loved it! Only thing I didn't like was the use of the word "poof". There were plenty of non-derogative words you could have used.
kaisoo12 chapter 1 . 12/1/2013
oh, this is beautiful. utterly beautiful. love this so much. thank you for writing this!
Ravengalx chapter 1 . 11/17/2013
I love this fic so much! It's so fluffy and warm, especially the ending. When Draco said he hadn't done anything wrong in 7 years (and yet people still wouldn't give him a chance) it broke my heart. Thank you for writing this :3
sarahsezlove chapter 1 . 10/23/2013
The Elves and the Shoemaker was always my favourite as a child.
This is simply gorgeous.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/20/2013
That was so freaking beautiful.
Thanks so much for the lovely story!
Kialandi chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
Lovely!
Diddleymaz chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
Brilliant
DeiStarr chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
Awe, I love the idea that the old Malfoy house elves would be coming around to help Draco like that.

And the whole Harry/Draco thing was sweet.
Flffy chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
This is a great story, I loved it.
But I there was a small mistake. I may have read it wrong, but it looked like you we're saying there were kangaroos in New Zealand, when Draco was telling him how they use their eyes for something. There aren't any kangaroos in New Zealand, there in Australia. They could buy it from Australia then make the stuff in New Zealand.
It just bugged me, cause I was reading, and was like "that's not right" so I wanted to clear that up. If it was intentional, you might want to clear that up, cause it confused me.

But apart from that, I loved the story, it was great.
Quantumphysica chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
Awww... that was such a sweet christmas story!
Imagining Draco as a shoemaker is rather hard, but you portray him perfectly ;)