Reviews for Romancing the Romulan
CallaSterre chapter 12 . 7/28/2014
This was one of the first stories I read that satisfied my craving for a good romance involving a Romulan - the galaxy's sexiest aliens, in my opinion! I've been a fan ever since and look forward to more.
LornaWinters chapter 12 . 3/31/2014
Thank you all, again and again, for taking the time to review my story!

Mrs Riley, what a great idea! I will definitely need to at least write a one-shot of N'Vek's story, about his childhood, and why he joined Spock's underground. N'Vek is somewhat of a mystery even to me at this point, so it will be exciting to go back and explore what made him the man he is in this story. This inspiration for his character (aside from the "Face of the Enemy," of course) was the Clancy Brothers' song, "The Patriot Game" - hence why that's one of the chapter titles. While I obviously don't approve of the violence employed by groups like the IRA, their stories and struggles remind me very much of Spock's movement. For all we know, those same stories inspired the TNG writers as well.

Thank you for the idea! Stay tuned!
Mrs Riley chapter 12 . 3/30/2014
Loved reading this story. I'm intrigued by this coupling. I would love to know a back story behind N'Vek. His childhood on Romulus, his parents and how he came to be the solider be is. I would write it myself, but I don't have the talent for good writing, just the good taste ;). Great job.
taleanaomi chapter 12 . 12/2/2013
Clever plot line; story within a story. I liked this look at an ordinary federation citizen - or not so ordinary ;) it's not something usually done. Great work. Enjoyed it.
0afan0 chapter 12 . 10/23/2013
This was an excellent end to another great story. I especially liked the cackling aunt!
Lorna Winters chapter 12 . 10/2/2013
Why, General Velal, of course I haven't forgotten about you! Your story is in the works as well; but please be patient, my good sir, for I must think it all the way through before I put it up!

A Romulan general groveling at my feet? *sigh* Will wonders never cease?
General Velal chapter 12 . 10/2/2013
Admirable Ms. Winters,

Don't forget about me! You promised that you'd write a story about me, too!

General Velal,
Groveling at your feet
LornaWinters chapter 12 . 9/26/2013
Thank you, readers, for all of those fantastic reviews! You are all inspirations to me, and I'm very grateful for your support and kind words!

To Ba'el:
How could I refuse such a request? Rest assured, my dear, I have always had the intention of finishing your story. In fact, the plan for a long time has been to continue the story beyond yours and Toq's wedding. Often times, my muse and I don't focus on the same story, sadly. Also my job, as much as I like it, drains a great deal of my creativity. So please believe me when I say it has not been from a lack of interest.

The good news is, your review has given me some much needed inspiration! I was wondering which of my outstanding stories to focus on next, and you have helped me discover that. Thank you ever so much!
Ba'el chapter 12 . 9/24/2013
To Lorna, daughter of the House of Winters, from Ba'el, daughter of Tokath: greetings.

Most illustrious lady:

Allow me to congratulate your namesake on the occasion of her wedding to the most deserving N'Vek. May the Elements grant them every happiness together.

While I do not begrudge another girl's happiness, I must remind you with a sore heart that my own wedding has been delayed beyond all reason. Now that my father has granted his blessing, will you withhold yours?

It is vexing that your namesake, Lorna's, romance has so swiftly reached its fulfillment, while I wait in vain for my moment of happiness. However, I trust you are much too good, and too just, to play favorites among your heroines, simply because some of us are not of your own race of sentient beings.

Toq sends his greetings, and adds his plea for your timely attention to our plight. We hope for your favorable reply.

Written by my own hand from Carraya IV.
Jamille Shane chapter 12 . 9/24/2013
It's over?!

But but but... We need to see how their marriage goes and and and like how many Romhumans they make and is N'Vek able to remain under the radar and and and...

Waaahhh! It's over!
Tribal Graces chapter 12 . 9/24/2013
Awww, what a sweet ending! I actually had thought you were ending back in Chapter 10, but I'm glad you took a couple of chapters further.

Now I picture N'Vek and Lorna continuing to work quietly for Reunification, although very much behind the scenes. After all, as an author with an interstellar following, Lorna has influence all over the quadrant.
thyme2read chapter 12 . 9/24/2013
Awww, cher! The authoress has her hero. : ) "One didn't need pointed ears to have heard a pin drop." XD, love it!

I really enjoyed this story from first to last. Thanks for sharing! : D I can't wait to see what's next.
BewilderedFemale chapter 12 . 9/23/2013
Wait a minute.. hold the phone... Your husband's family has a pecan plantation?! And I'm only just finding out about it?! *stutters* Pecan pie, pecan pinwheels, pecan cinnamon rolls, pecan crusted trout, apple and pecan salad... you see a pattern? I want in on the hookup!

I like how you described the drastic change of weather on Amelia Island beach, and I think that's true for almost any beach on the East Coast, one minute it's beautiful and the next you're running for shelter because either a storm (hail storm in my personal experience) is raining down and blinding your line of sight completely, so I thought that was very well executed in your story.

This was a great story! But now we're left wanting more!
Pardek chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
I've decided to go on a diet, yes, it's for real this time. I've been drinking nothing but shakes in hopes of maybe dropping a few pounds.

Fat ferengi: what, like diet shakes?

Pardek:... I'll have to get back to you on that...
Jamille Shane chapter 11 . 9/22/2013
And you just left us here! Ohh! Now I know how it feels, hahahaha!