Reviews for Carpe Diem
WrenchWielder chapter 23 . 5/8
I really did love this story. I still read this again every now and then and just can't believe how long it's been. You don't seem to be writing anymore, at least not on FF, but I still hold out hope that one day you'll dramatize the rest of the games. Anyways, just thought I would leave a review with how much I loved this story, considering how much I think about it even now.
Crescent Moon -Jessica151294 chapter 23 . 3/18
OH MY ORVUS THE FEELS! Feed me all the feels you can!

How I wish we got this on the big screen instead of the actual movie. You managed to close every story arc you had created with a climax and a profound effect on us readers. The progression of Ratchet and Clank's friendship was so believable and beautiful to witness unfold as they surpassed all their differences and past arguments. Among other things, R&C is a story that praises pure, genuine friendship and the execution of this notion here pulled my heartstrings mercilessly (not complaining of course). Also this version of their beginning is so enriched compared to the original game I can honestly say I will consider it as canon as it can be from now on! And the way you implemented Orvus and the Zoni in all this was wonderful... Ah, I'm out of words! Fav x1.000.000!

Favorite chapter? Can't choose. Just... don't make me choose. I loved them all. Thank you for uploading this, I will be surely returning to read it from time to time! Well done!
Crescent Moon -Jessica151294 chapter 17 . 3/13
Okay, I am LOVING this!
Once again, beautiful and rich (yet not overloaded) writing makes the characters and sceneries come to life and I'm just captivated by the way you delve into Ratchet and Clank's emotional journeys. Up to the point I've reached I see Ratchet slowly transforming into the hero he is today and soon he might be able to overcome all those wounds from the past. No wonder why he kept on acting like this, he is simply so, so broken.
Clank on the other hand seems to have made some progress in learning how to live though he's still working in comprehending his emotions.
And they seem to trust each other a little more than before. I see a slow but totally meaningful progression from two strangers stuck with each other to the greatest duo and closest friends in the universe.

Instant favourite, I can't wait to read more!

P.S. 1 I love Mass Effect too! Forgot to mention in my previous review.
P.S. 2 Not that it matters in the year 2017 but about Random Question in chapter 14: Love the Way you Hate Me, by Like A Storm. Suits your portrayal of Ratchet sooo much!
Crescent Moon -Jessica151294 chapter 8 . 3/5
I've been reading this fanfic these past few days and I'm really, truly enjoying it! Everything's executed very well, beautiful writing that can successfully convey details and the characters' thoughts and feelings. I haven't played the original R&C, just watched the cutscenes a long time ago, which really helps me immerse myself into your version of Ratchet's origin story. And what can I say, I really love what you've created so far! Character depth, moments of pure danger where even the protagonists doubt themselves and smooth progression of the main plot points is how you make an origin story right. I love that you remain absolutely consistent to the game while adding your own details to enrich the already captivating story of Ratchet and Clank.
I'm absolutely amazed so far and I intend to reach the end of this story. Wonderful work!

P.S. I personally think you nailed the hoverboard race section, no kidding.
MugetsuPipefox chapter 23 . 10/5/2016
I cannot reiterate to you just how much I love this fic (and omg I binge read it in like a day instead of doing an assignment and I have no regrets)
I loved literally everything about it, and I'm not sure I could pick a favourite chapter or scene ; I did really like the ending, with Ratchet going back to the psychiatrist though. I would have liked to learn more about Ratchet's 'incident' from 'a year ago', but maybe that'll be mentioned in the sequel?
Anyway, I'll wind this up before it gets too long XD Really, really loved this thing!
BrightNova169 chapter 2 . 6/9/2016
I'm kind of surprised that Drek knew that Ratchet was a Lombax. Surprised that he knew about Lombaxes since they were banished to another dimension ago and not surprised since he likely has lots of connections.

Orvus getting involved with Clank's birth was a nice way to clarify how he became a defect. And of course, Drek making sure no more defects were produced. But sometimes, one defect is all it takes to bring down a major operation...

I don't mind the in-game Helpdesk since it can provide a refresher about gameplay controls or tips. There have been more annoying tip-givers in video games.

I also liked how Ratchet named his first ship. Since Ratchet seems really desperate to leave Veldin and how much he despises his home's inhabitants, Ribbon is likely his only hope for adventure and sanity. It makes Ratchet's efforts to leave seem more significant.

I didn't mind the contents of fictional scientific components. This game involves science fiction. Your story, your rules.
BrightNova169 chapter 1 . 6/8/2016
This was an interesting reimagining of Ratchet and Clank's backstories. I could imagine a lombax, or any other species, would become more than a little depressed or emotionally unstable if they grew up without knowing the feeling of being loved or having a supportive environment.

I also liked the mention of Orvus and Siegfried. They appear to have a very strong friendship despite very different backgrounds and are able to confide in each other.

I agree that the doctor's name seems pretty unimportant especially if she's not going to be a recurring character for the story.

As for criticisms, I'm not sure if I have any. I'm pretty green at this stuff. I don't really know what headcannons are so I can't really tell how you failed.

To me, silence - without any sound anywhere - sounds like a sort of high-pitched alarm-like noise. Like a held note, sort of like dragging a sharp object across a metal surface (i.e. a nail on an iron sheet) and it doesn't sound nice.

Anyways, nice chapter. I'll keep checking this out.

-BrightNova169
Adams7 chapter 23 . 5/20/2016
I can safely say that I enjoyed this more than the Reimagining, if for no other reason than you actually took the time to SHOW Ratchet and Clank's developing relationship and give them both character envelopment, something the new game neglected to do.

I'm really looking forward to the sequel and can't wait... hold on...

*Looks at when this was completed*
*Checks your profile to see when was the last time you posted a story*

AW GODDAMNIT!

Well, I hope you find the time to start writing again soon.
Adams7 chapter 14 . 5/20/2016
FINALLY! A GUN!
Adams7 chapter 4 . 5/9/2016
So... is Ratchet EVER going to get a gun or what?
The Timmynator chapter 1 . 8/12/2014
Silence? I have never found silence. Even if I could go out alone, into the cold depths of the infinite void and vacuum, and yet not meet a horrible demise, I would still have not found silence. How can I, when what acts as a little voice inside most people's heads is all too real for me? We have learned to co-operate, but they're always talking, whispering...
And in the night, they scream.
But then he comes, that voice in the dark, clear and loud, pushing the rest of them out of the way. I think...
I think I love him.

But is this possible? What are the effects of falling in love with a figment of one's imagination? No. I will not think about that.
While we must take turns controlling this vessel which houses our collective conscience, we can still interact with each other. He is bookish, shy, worrisome, the complete opposite of me. When Vhuj'ghjk-abysll, Mr. Smiles, Happy Billy and the rest become too much, I help him through.
He's cute when flustered and embarrassed, too, although I have to look in the mirror to see him properly. I know that he can see me write this, and he will finally know my feelings about him.
The other voices can go to hell for all I care. I'm happy with just him.
evil Ratchet96 chapter 8 . 2/19/2014
pleese dont make me recal that song i had a running with the tails doll, (smiles sheepishly) i thought the chapter was pretty good
Garfield fan 1 chapter 23 . 1/14/2014
*applause*
RatcheT2497 chapter 21 . 12/3/2013
Well, i really have no idea how to answer this question. Just, i don't know.
RatcheT2497 chapter 20 . 12/2/2013
Well, Lombax related headcannon? ...Hmm, i think the fact that they are extinct, and that they use English. Because why not.