Reviews for Carpe Diem
BrightNova169 chapter 2 . 6/9
I'm kind of surprised that Drek knew that Ratchet was a Lombax. Surprised that he knew about Lombaxes since they were banished to another dimension ago and not surprised since he likely has lots of connections.

Orvus getting involved with Clank's birth was a nice way to clarify how he became a defect. And of course, Drek making sure no more defects were produced. But sometimes, one defect is all it takes to bring down a major operation...

I don't mind the in-game Helpdesk since it can provide a refresher about gameplay controls or tips. There have been more annoying tip-givers in video games.

I also liked how Ratchet named his first ship. Since Ratchet seems really desperate to leave Veldin and how much he despises his home's inhabitants, Ribbon is likely his only hope for adventure and sanity. It makes Ratchet's efforts to leave seem more significant.

I didn't mind the contents of fictional scientific components. This game involves science fiction. Your story, your rules.
BrightNova169 chapter 1 . 6/8
This was an interesting reimagining of Ratchet and Clank's backstories. I could imagine a lombax, or any other species, would become more than a little depressed or emotionally unstable if they grew up without knowing the feeling of being loved or having a supportive environment.

I also liked the mention of Orvus and Siegfried. They appear to have a very strong friendship despite very different backgrounds and are able to confide in each other.

I agree that the doctor's name seems pretty unimportant especially if she's not going to be a recurring character for the story.

As for criticisms, I'm not sure if I have any. I'm pretty green at this stuff. I don't really know what headcannons are so I can't really tell how you failed.

To me, silence - without any sound anywhere - sounds like a sort of high-pitched alarm-like noise. Like a held note, sort of like dragging a sharp object across a metal surface (i.e. a nail on an iron sheet) and it doesn't sound nice.

Anyways, nice chapter. I'll keep checking this out.

-BrightNova169
Adams7 chapter 23 . 5/20
I can safely say that I enjoyed this more than the Reimagining, if for no other reason than you actually took the time to SHOW Ratchet and Clank's developing relationship and give them both character envelopment, something the new game neglected to do.

I'm really looking forward to the sequel and can't wait... hold on...

*Looks at when this was completed*
*Checks your profile to see when was the last time you posted a story*

AW GODDAMNIT!

Well, I hope you find the time to start writing again soon.
Adams7 chapter 14 . 5/20
FINALLY! A GUN!
Adams7 chapter 4 . 5/9
So... is Ratchet EVER going to get a gun or what?
The Timmynator chapter 1 . 8/12/2014
Silence? I have never found silence. Even if I could go out alone, into the cold depths of the infinite void and vacuum, and yet not meet a horrible demise, I would still have not found silence. How can I, when what acts as a little voice inside most people's heads is all too real for me? We have learned to co-operate, but they're always talking, whispering...
And in the night, they scream.
But then he comes, that voice in the dark, clear and loud, pushing the rest of them out of the way. I think...
I think I love him.

But is this possible? What are the effects of falling in love with a figment of one's imagination? No. I will not think about that.
While we must take turns controlling this vessel which houses our collective conscience, we can still interact with each other. He is bookish, shy, worrisome, the complete opposite of me. When Vhuj'ghjk-abysll, Mr. Smiles, Happy Billy and the rest become too much, I help him through.
He's cute when flustered and embarrassed, too, although I have to look in the mirror to see him properly. I know that he can see me write this, and he will finally know my feelings about him.
The other voices can go to hell for all I care. I'm happy with just him.
evil Ratchet96 chapter 8 . 2/19/2014
pleese dont make me recal that song i had a running with the tails doll, (smiles sheepishly) i thought the chapter was pretty good
Garfield fan 1 chapter 23 . 1/14/2014
*applause*
RatcheT2497 chapter 21 . 12/3/2013
Well, i really have no idea how to answer this question. Just, i don't know.
RatcheT2497 chapter 20 . 12/2/2013
Well, Lombax related headcannon? ...Hmm, i think the fact that they are extinct, and that they use English. Because why not.
RatcheT2497 chapter 19 . 12/2/2013
Ugh, the dreaded Mary Sue... I don't fear the Mary Sue, i just HATE the Mary Sue... Ugh...
RatcheT2497 chapter 18 . 12/2/2013
Well, i think scalloped potatoes is worse. With chocolate covered dynamite, even though you die, you can taste some chocolate :D
RatcheT2497 chapter 17 . 12/2/2013
A kow would win. Why? Because pie, with the flavour of a pie, with the flavour of a pie, with the flavour of a *gets shot*
RatcheT2497 chapter 16 . 12/2/2013
Well, me and my friends mostly play Team Fortress 2, but when they come around my house, we play a bit of R&C All 4 One, R&C 3, and R&C Full Frontal Assault. Or Q-Force.
RatcheT2497 chapter 15 . 12/2/2013
I would do nothing for a Klondike bar. I'd rather have a Toffifee. Or a Milka bar.