Reviews for Grizzly Tales: Winterspell
HeatherJS chapter 5 . 3/27
Oh my that certainly was a tease...oh evil Xena seems to be thinking about change. Ares and Xena with there mind games are always a joy to read. They play off each other perfectly. I'm interested to see what Xena is going to do and if she will leave Ares and what he will do if she does.
Please update soon! :)
Missyla chapter 4 . 11/22/2013
oops I think I got your two stories mixed up, I was talking about the dance in this one.
alexandra.sarafolean chapter 5 . 10/26/2013
Love it! I'm so glad to know that you haven't renounced and that will come more...

Update soon!
Stardawn19 chapter 4 . 6/3/2013
I can see the foreshadowing here, with Ares worried about losing Xena, and I'm again worried about Gabrielle's safety. If Ares were smart he'd get rid of her before Xena got too attached. I know though that there has got to be some catch somewhere. Is she the chosen of another god? Is she under another's protection? Is there a prophecy (perhaps the tie in w/ the original Snow White- I could see the fates acting as the 'mirror' perhaps.) that the blonde will be Ares's undoing?

I can see a lot of potential here and am curious to see where it goes.
Stardawn19 chapter 3 . 6/3/2013
This chapter seems to pick up a little speed. I was surprised to see that Xena let Gabrielle go, gave her a horse even. I'm worried though that Ares seems fixated on Gabrielle. This could be very bad for the bard.

I can feel the tension mounting though, as the people of Athens prepare for Xena. I can imagine how scared the people are, but I'm glad that Gabrielle is also there. She has an opportunity to meet with Xena gain, and maybe start to change her.
Stardawn19 chapter 2 . 6/3/2013
They were a startling blue, a blue that should have been pretty, but they only reflected hardness and cruelty... what a wonderful way to describe evil Xena's eyes. I really liked this image.

I also like the dance that Gabrielle and Xena did with the back and forth and the different notions of nobility. I liked the vulnerability that you showed in each character, and can almost feel the draw that Xena has to the bard. I like this touch and go where Xena is fighting her feels.
Stardawn19 chapter 1 . 6/3/2013
Interesting beginning. I can certainly see evil Xena here, in the way that she thinks and moves, and even the way that she is described. I liked the line about lips as red as a rose, not being quite accurate and saying they are more like blood. That's paints a chilling picture.

Feel sorry for the poor bard though, although I have to wonder if Xena has other plans for her.
xentrya chapter 4 . 3/16/2013
Freaking hot! I'm officially a fan of this story, Emma:) Make sure to post the next chapter like ASAP:) Ican't wait to see what happens next:)
xentrya chapter 3 . 3/16/2013
An extraordinary chapter! I just can't help loving those sharp, twisted lines they exchange every time. The words are perfectly chosen to bring out their strong and stubborn personalities, and that awesome mix between love/hate/challenge, you did such a good job in expressing it...Great, love it...keep up the good work:)
Zandrel chapter 4 . 3/13/2013
Cool chapter name, I liked it :) Very sexy the dancing and the seduction :) Niiice work! Haha, waiting for the next one! ;)
Zandrel chapter 3 . 2/2/2013
Interesting chapter, loved the banter and how you turned around the conversation around several times. Great chapter, again, incredible descrpitions you do :)
Zandrel chapter 2 . 1/30/2013
Gabrielle's character is really effective here. She is very strong and sricks to what she believes in. Good, weel written chapter. I enjoyed it, waiting for the next one. I will also point out that it was an interesting end. Quite upfront with Xena's last question, especially because in the show, we know that she does change. Will be interesting to see how this turns out.
Too Dam Sweet chapter 2 . 1/22/2013
Amazing. :)
xentrya chapter 2 . 1/21/2013
Gabrielle's role in your story will certainly be a very interesting one:) I love the fact that you've attributed her the role of an Author, which is very close to her first ideal in life- the one to be a storyteller- before being a warrior...I wonder if she will ever be capable to change this Xena...I think this very now she is far to cruel to be changed.
Only1ToniD chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
There is something SO seductively SEXY about the anticipatory dance between Xena and Ares! And you've captured it brilliantly!