Reviews for Ride Internal Seas
Munz chapter 1 . 10/22/2014
Yay! Tom lived and Jake and Cassie are still together! Great story. It almost felt like reading the books. I wish there was more to this story but at the same time leaving it before they all start going on the run or fighting back just makes me image all sorts of things. Again, love this story.
Son of Zeus0001 chapter 1 . 6/2/2013
I seriously hope you return to this some time. I really want to see how this version of the war would end.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
I seriously hope you continue this. It is amazing! It's also way better than how the series actually ended in my opinion. I want to know what happens next!
Anonymous chapter 1 . 5/25/2013
It makes me sad that this isn't canon.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
I like it
Whatchuknowbouts chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
I love this story. I love how IC everyone is, and how it keeps true to the issues everyone faced in the wild, even with Tom and the other Berensons there. My only question is what are they refencing in the last scene? Which book and all that? I can;t for the life of me remember which book shows them almost getting caught for... something. I'd love to find out though.
Soului chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
Beautiful AU. It resolved a lot of things that I'm sure a lot of fans wished had happened in the actual books, but at the same time it wasn't a 'fix-all' fic like so many AUs are prone to becoming. There are still massive emotional issues, they are still desperate and 'cracking' as Jake puts it, but that one different choice gives the reader a sense of hope, like it still might work out because the Animorphs are rallying together instead of being drawn apart.
Shane C chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
incredible. i don't even know where to start.

first of all, /this/ is how the books should have been written toward the end. as the readers matured, so should have the language and writing style. you didn't get too heavy handed with the prose; as a matter of fact, i think you found the perfect balance between what the books were and how the thematic elements of the late series should have been written. just the slipping up a couple notches, was just perfect.

the attention to detail could not have been any better. i think if anyone who worked on the series read this piece, they'd be ashamed of themselves. the amount of thought you've put into something that was only a hobby for you /far/ surpassed anything the writers and editors got paid good money to do. You got everybody more IC than the actual series did. that sounds impossible, but its not. we all read some of the late series and said, "what? *blank* wouldn't have acted like that...not without a reason for the change in behavior." you stayed true to the characters while the series, sadly, did not. /and/ you gave the series hope, instead of a cop-out ending. even as a sixteen year old myself, i could see that KA had just been writing, writing, contracting someone to write for her, writing...and then one day she said "oh, i'm sick of this. gonna end it and start a new project." /she didn't care./ she didn't care enough to give it a fitting conclusion, or was so blinded by her new project that she couldn't. you did that. i've never read a piece of fanfic that made me want to say "oh screw the original. screw the "real" ending. this is the way it should have been." but that's exactly how i feel about this piece. tom /should/ have been free, because kids grew up over /years/ waiting for jake to find a way to save him.

not only that, but you showed us the most important parts of the plot that the canon books simply glossed over. you told us the things we wanted to know about. we didn't care about all the damned moral ambiguity the series tried to rehash over and over and over again. we wanted to know the what, and the why, and the how of the /people/ in the story. thats who we cared about - the characters. and sorry to say it, but the characters got screwed in canon. here, they're not having a picnic, either, but at least there's some hope about it. at least there's some optimism, as diluted as it is.

i started making notes as i read about everything i liked, and meant to list them specifically. sorry, but you're just going to have to live with this garbage, cop-out - i liked everything. simply everything. it was all fantastically thought-out, executed...perfectly spelled and constructed...anyone who finds anything to criticize about this piece is just a jerk by nature out looking for something to hate on. because i read this with a critical eye, and i was still wonderstruck.

perfect. thank you very, very much, sweetbriar. i feel like my life has been improved my reading this piece, and i'm not even exagerrating. if teaching doesn't work out for you, i believe you've got a very bright future as a writer. how's that saying go? "those who can't do, teach?" ...i believe you just gave us an example of why that's total bullsh*t D thanks again!

yorunoyukihana chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
SOOOOO GOOD! I cant wait for the next chapter! :D
all the principles of heroism chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
I'm not a fan of fix fics, but this is very well written and not all rose-colored. Jake threatening nothlit status v. death to Tom's yeerk was clever and something that should have happened in canon. I also like that Jake is cracking anyway. Tom was his driving force and not that he is rescued, Jake has collapsed in on himself. Well done!