Reviews for You Can't Take the Sky From Me
Gweniveve Skyes chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
AAAAAAAHHHHHH, Firefly/Serenity (lolz) reference!AAAAHHHHHHHHTHISMAKESMEHAPPEH.

While I don't normally ship Serenity/Marik, I was drawn because of the title and I would love to know more about the world/circumstances/everything about it. It has much potential, even if you didn't intend for the story to have Firefly/Serenity references. Either way, I would definitely read more should you decide to publish this as a full length story.

Oh, and if you are a Firefly fan, then you deserve a cookie and a plastic dinosaur. And that I'm not the only one who imagines Joey/Mai as Mal/Inara respectively ahaha.

Great job!
MMF chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
:D :D :D I kind-of had a mini freak-out when I saw Nassor's name, that was so awesome. :) I'm happy my story inspired you, and I hope someday we get to see the full scope of your epic sci-fi western! :D

I agree with the others, the scene with the matches was the best part, it gave the already tense atmosphere this great suspense, and using the darkness like you did was a great parallel to canon. I can't wait to see where else you take this story if you continue it! :) Great work, and keep it up!

Jess (My Misguided Fairytale)
nihao.muse chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
This is intriguing, so I hope you do write more of it. I like how Malik considered the mines his home; it was a nice parallel to his home in the tomb. It's terrible that Rishid and Joey are both dead- or presumed to be, I guess- but I'd like to see how Serenity and Malik work together in spite of what Malik's alter ego did. Good luck in the contest this round!
Crystia chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
Hey, an interesting snippet. It was easy to follow along, even if it was only a piece of the full story- obviously, there were a few references that seemed a bit out of nowhere (i.e. Mai, Joey, and Malik's father), but those were probably referring to the parts you didn't post. So, overall, pretty darn good otherwise. P:

My favorite section was definitely when Serenity lit the matches to drive away Yami no Marik. Ya know, the light driving away the darkness...Not canon, I don't think, but I clever nonetheless. Awesome. :)

My only recommendation would be to include a bit more backstory if you're not going to continue with this, or maybe remove the more random parts (like, WHY were they stuck in the mine, or giving more depth to the revenge, etc). But then again, if you were going to post a complete version, that'll probably take care of it. As I said, though, it was still easy to follow along on the whole.

Anyway, nice writing. Good luck this round! :D
-Crystia
AuraWriter chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
Not bad, I'm always looking for Yugioh westerns but sadly no one writes them.