Reviews for Anam Cara
Fang's Fawn chapter 1 . 5/22/2014
Lovely pieceā€¦ I really liked Gran Rose, and I am totally with you; making John and Sherlock's relationship romantic takes away from its specialness!
Folkvangr chapter 2 . 4/16/2014
Your story is lovely and so is the idea of Gran Rose! But I'm sorry to say that it's not anam-cara but anam-charaid. I speak Scottish Gaelic myself, and the word for "friend" or "mate" is caraid, then because of some grammar rules it's lenited after "anam" and becomes "charaid". I think "cara" is Irish Gaelic.
. . ?facalanam-charaid&seorsaGaidhlig&tairgLorg&eis_saoron
The idea, however, is very true. I think John and Sherlock love each other dearly, without it having to be sexual.
Shellie Williams chapter 2 . 2/22/2014
That was one of the best post scenes I've read so far. So much in character that it nearly took my breath away.
Shellie Williams chapter 1 . 2/22/2014
She sounds like a wise woman, indeed. I don't think I've ever heard Sherlock and John's relationship explained so thoroughly and perfectly. Indeed. Agree with you about them not having a sexual relationship, btw.
librarywitch chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
I think that is a very good look at our boys relationship. Loved it.
librarywitch chapter 2 . 11/20/2013
What a wonderful word to describe them. Well done.
hjohn302 chapter 2 . 11/4/2013
Oh I love this. I love seeing John through someone else's eyes, a different character who knows him so well.. after the fall like this. Sigh. The angst was good... very good... and heart breaking and terrible and beautiful!
Book girl fan chapter 2 . 11/3/2013
Daily dose? I only wish I had stories this good every day.
Hummingbird2 chapter 2 . 11/3/2013
That was so heartbreaking, and absolutely beautiful, thank you.
NightFuryofGallifrey chapter 2 . 11/2/2013
... that was not what I was expecting when I got excited to see a second chapter to this.
D':
*cries*
...
*cries some more*

And I'm not sure why my stupid self thinks it's a good idea to listen to the heartwrenching tracks from the Series 2 soundtrack while reading angst. DX

I would love to see more with Gran Rose. :) She is certainly a fun character. :) Maybe one where John takes Sherlock to meet her?

Anyway, great job. Thanks for the tears. XP
hannah!
Rogue Tomato chapter 2 . 11/2/2013
I like Gran, too, so I am happy to see her again. Her support of John is wonderful, and I'm really happy that he had someone to go to.

I can understand your craving for angst... I get that a lot. ;)
Vilinye chapter 2 . 11/2/2013
She's cute. I really like her.
Lady Juse chapter 1 . 11/1/2013
YES! I am someone on the front of full on support of the Holmes and Watson Bromance.
The Wayfaring Strangers chapter 1 . 10/23/2013
Yes! Yes. yes. That's a wonderful way to address the issue. I applaud you. And John's grandmother is great.
-RandomCelt
NightFuryofGallifrey chapter 1 . 10/9/2013
*happy dances* Love it! /Anam cara/ is a perfect way to describe John and Sherlock's relationship. I've often thought that they're soul-mates, they're perfect for each other - but in a completely non-romantic way. However, it's really difficult to use those terms without people thinking romantically. :P "Soul-Friend" is so darn perfect.

And you can get up on your soap-box any time you like. I'll be up there with you, probably. XD

Fantastic job!