Reviews for So Long, No Thanks For All The Fish
Sweetwater, TX...Sweetsinker... Do I see a similarity here? Haha!
Raph84 chapter 3 . 7/15/2014
Another good one. Raphaels crack about the point going over Mikeys head made me laugh out loud, which earned me some funny looks, lol.
Raph84 chapter 2 . 7/11/2014
I gotta say, again, this feels so much like an episode. I mean that as a compliment, too. You've created your own story but man it meshes well with the Fred Wolf series. Great job.
Raph84 chapter 1 . 7/10/2014
Very nice work, it feels a lot like an episode. Great work and I really like some of your choices for descriptions.
JH24 chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
Very, very nice. This first chapter immediately drew me in. You've really done a great job capturing the atmosphere of the '80's series perfectly.

One of my favorite moments was the first scene about the size of a pizza slice. Just loved the interactions there and how you portrayed each of the turtles. I could really hear each one in my mind, and I had almost forgotten how cynical/sarcastic Raphael can be.

Also loved that little bit at the end with Krang and Shredder, I'm very curious what role you're planning to give them. I really enjoyed it, great work.
Myst Knight chapter 10 . 6/2/2013
There are some reoccurring problems with formatting, in that you sometimes forget to start a new paragraph when a new character is talking. Otherwise, it's quite good, encompassing and expanding on the elements of a classic 1987 'toon plotline. Raphael and Michelangelo have adapted their humor styles well to the myriad of pop-culture references available to us in the year 2013, and I like Krang's stint as a more sympathetic bad guy. As for Casey Jones, I never much cared for his unhinged portrayal in the 1987 'toon, but I must admit, you added a clever touch by essentially fusing his personality with Clint Eastwood's "Preacher" character from Pale Rider. It's a good fit for him.

One detail from the 1987 'toon that I'm glad you remembered is that the turtles aren't nearly as feared by the public as they are in other incarnations. Though they still live in the sewers, the 1987 turtles are essentially public figures that operate in broad daylight, and are seen meeting with friends, checking out VHS tapes from the local video store, and going in and out of the Channel Six building like they own the place. It's an important distinction that some TMNT fans don't always take notice of, so good job on that front.
C-T-CT chapter 10 . 1/24/2013
That was cute and warm ending. Great character interaction and everyone seemed in-character. It fit with the whole OT tone. Besides some VERY minor mistakes (minor grammar) it was great! Looking forward to the next story!
C-T-CT chapter 9 . 1/24/2013
I think you repeated a line with Krang twice saying "Now is NOT the time to say 'I told you so'". Great chapter!
C-T-CT chapter 8 . 1/24/2013
As I was reading the fighting scenes, I noticed you summarize it. You could, but completely up to you, give more description to it as to what each Turtle was doing exactly by describing their ninja/martial arts moves to give more a visual image for the reader.

Raphael's lines are great!
C-T-CT chapter 7 . 1/24/2013
Love the reference to the "Turtles Forever" with Krang saving reality from alien Shredder and Raphael remarking about his behavior. (Yeah, the OT Turtles were out of character in that movie...)
Casey Jones being a preacher? Good thing Casey's self-aware of his unusual violent past...

I know you were trying to maintain the OT tone (but I don't know how strictly), the "Vernon had one major hangover" would be pushing it but personally I'm not bothered.

I liked the discussion with April and Michelangelo, it was cute and touching just like the OT episodes had its moments.
C-T-CT chapter 6 . 1/24/2013
I love the squabbling of Krang and Shredder! Part of the hilarious comic relief! The legal discussion was great! That was out of the blue with Casey Jones there. LOL Hmmm...I wonder how he arrived from New York City, all the way to Texas. (You don't have to explain it in the story, just interesting...that's all)
C-T-CT chapter 5 . 1/24/2013
Hmmm...interesting plot twist with Krang having a new habitat for a dying species, but I'm sure its for something sinister. LOL
C-T-CT chapter 4 . 1/24/2013
You may want to use a horizontal line to separate between scenes (from Krang's compound to the Turtles) just as a visual cue for the reader that the scenes are changing. VERY minor grammar errors like some question marks (i.e. Leonardo saying, "Don, can you pinpoint where Krang is despite everything going on outside" that doesn't have a question mark) or periods here and there, but it's not distracting or anything.

Still good! The scene with Leonardo on the module trying to take out the weather device reminded me of the episode "Hot Rodding Teenagers From Dimension X". ;)
Miratete chapter 10 . 1/22/2013
OMG...that was the funniest chapter yet. What a wedding! Cute way to wrap up a good story.
Miratete chapter 5 . 1/21/2013
"But…why? What could the great dimension-conquering warlord Krang gain from…land development?" Donatello asked.

What a great line! I love it when the villain shocks everyone with something uncharacteristically normal and even legal.