Reviews for The Official Fanfiction University of Azeroth
HieronymusGrbrd chapter 2 . 9/29/2013
Good luck for getting a new laptop, and take your time. We fanfiction students have to learn to wait patiently for the start of term, it’s part of our education.

So here is your bored old man who never made it to the Plaguelands. However, since I didn’t become bored for several years and stopped playing as soon as the non-billable test period had expired, my knowledge may be limited and slightly outdated.

buOfficial Fanfiction University of Azeroth - Application Form:/u

Name: /b sAnonymous/s Hieronymus Graubart

bGender: /b male

bRace: /b human

bHair: /b brown, receding hairline

bEyes: /b petrol blue (that’s what my fashion advisor called it)

bSkin/Fur: /b pale pink

bOther distinguishing physical traits (facial hair, tail deformities, notches in ears, etc.): /b spectacles, lots of facial hair varying in colour from brown at the temples to grey at the chin

bAllegiance: /b sAlliance / Horde / Burning Legion / Scourge/s b (Choose ONE) /b Circle of Gennarius

bClass: /b sHunter / Warrior / Rogue / Druid / Paladin / Priest / Mage / Warlock / Shaman / Death Knight / Monk /s Civilian b(Choose ONE)

If you are a hunter, which pet do you have and what is its name? /b n. a.

bPrimary Professions: /b sSkinning / Leatherworking / Alchemy / Herbalism / Mining / Jewelcrafting / Blacksmithing / Enchanting /s Engineering / Inscription s/ Tailoring/s b (Choose no more than TWO)

Secondary Professions: /b Cooking s/ Fishing / First Aid/s b(Choose up to THREE. Archeology will be offered to all students who pass their first semester) /b

bHave you ever written a fanfiction for iWorld of Warcraft?/i/b sYes /s No, I’m just dreaming about it.

bHave you ever written a canon/canon iWarcraft/i pairing? /b sYes /s No

bHave you ever written a canon/OC iWarcraft/i pairing? /b sYes /s No, I would never dare to molest canon characters. Fallen-into-the-game OC/PC is much more interesting anyways.

bHave you ever written a Mary Sue or Marty Stu? /b sYes / No /s Not Sure, but I was young when I tried to write original fiction.

bFavorite 'good' character(s) (Alliance, Horde, Knights of the Ebon Blade, etc.): /b Deneide Whatshername – ahh, Whisperwind, I think?

bFavorite 'evil' character(s) (Scourge, Burning Legion, etc.): /b Sorry, I didn’t ever meet any of these guys.

bFavorite 'neutral' character(s) (Red/Green/Blue/Bronze Dragonflights, taunka, etc.): /b This green dragon who dreams the emerald dream, can’t remember her name.

bLust Object(s): /b Androiaavata, my wonderful night elf druid. No, creating her had nothing to do with ‘commanding a pretty slave around’! What would be the sense in playing the game if I didn’t care for the character whose life depends on my decisions? The males are all so ugly!

Ahem. You don’t really expect me to read all this, right?

bBy signing this application, I hereby forfeit any right I may otherwise have to my own personal health and safety under the instruction of the staff at the Official Fanfiction University of Azeroth (OFUA), whom I recognize as possessing varying levels of sanity and concern for my well-being. I recognize that while the organizers and a few instructors are generally willing to keep their torture victims as physically well as they can manage, they are by no means obligated to do anything more than resurrect me if I should die, and I will not be able to sue anyone at the Official Fanfiction University of Azeroth for any harm done to me while I am in attendance at the university. Since I am likely a) a horny little fanbrat, or b) a hot-headed, god-moding jerk with an ego the size of a Dragon Aspect, and have not actually read this all the way through, my signature also entitles any instructor at the university to feed me to the minis if, at any time during my studies, I become too annoying to put up with for the remainder of the year. /b

iHieronymus Graubart/ib[Sign Here] /b
Delusions of Eloquence chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
(Hello, I just found this OFU and was delighted to see that someone actually wrote one for the Warcraft universe. It seems to be getting off to quite a decent start. I decided to try and apply just to see what would happen.)

Name: Yurein

Race: Draenei

Hair: white/pale-colored, curly

Eyes: light blue

Skin: purple

Other distinguishing physical traits (facial hair, tail deformities, notches in ears, etc.): none

Allegiance: Alliance

Class: Paladin

If you are a hunter, which pet do you have and what is its name?

Primary Professions: Mining, Jewelcrafting

Secondary Professions: Cooking, First Aid

Have you ever written a fanfiction for World of Warcraft? Yes

Have you ever written a canon/canon Warcraft pairing? Yes

Have you ever written a canon/OC Warcraft pairing? No

Have you ever written a Mary Sue or Marty Stu? Not Sure

Favorite 'good' character(s) (Alliance, Horde, Knights of the Ebon Blade, etc.): Prophet Velen

Favorite 'evil' character(s) (Scourge, Burning Legion, etc.): I would think not.

Favorite 'neutral' character(s) (Red/Green/Blue/Bronze Dragonflights, taunka, etc.): Would the naaru count?

Lust Object(s): none

Yurein
Nadari Miriel chapter 2 . 6/10/2013
[Only just found this story! So far, it's brilliant! Absolutely, without a doubt, brilliant! Can't wait for more :)]

Name: Nadari Miriel

Race: Blood Elf

Hair: Light Blond

Eyes: Green

Skin/Fur: Light coloured

Other distinguishing physical traits (facial hair, tail deformities, notches in ears, etc.): Ears peirced

Allegiance: Alliance / Horde / Burning Legion / Scourge (Choose ONE)
Horde

Class: Hunter / Warrior / Rogue / Druid / Paladin / Priest / Mage / Warlock / Shaman / Death Knight / Monk / Civilian (Choose ONE)
Hunter

If you are a hunter, which pet do you have and what is its name?
A white tiger named Sammara

Primary Professions: Skinning / Leatherworking / Alchemy / Herbalism / Mining / Jewelcrafting / Blacksmithing / Enchanting / Engineering / Inscription / Tailoring (Choose no more than TWO)
Skinning and Leatherworking

Secondary Professions: Cooking / Fishing / First Aid (Choose up to THREE. Archeology will be offered to all students who pass their first semester)
Cooking and First Aid

Have you ever written a fanfiction for World of Warcraft? Yes / No
Some have been written, just not published on the site

Have you ever written a canon/canon Warcraft pairing? Yes / No

Lust Object(s):
No idea :P

x Nadari Miriel
Lielac chapter 2 . 1/31/2013
Pfffff. Heh. Of course my application gets mocked with the rest of them; on thinking, that's only what it deserves.

I enjoyed this chapter nearly as much as the first - and only "nearly" because no fanbrats were tormented. Kindly rectify that error next chapter? :D
Ellipsis Flood chapter 2 . 1/29/2013
Good to see that this updated. Were these references to all the applicants? *tries to find hers*
SvenWhite chapter 2 . 1/28/2013
Fun Fun Fun Can't wait for the next one

(If you sing it, it will rhyme. I love saying things with squiggles! XD)

And I agree with Putscheschka, I also love that line!
Ranger24 chapter 2 . 1/27/2013
Well I guess I'm undead then.
wanda von dunayev chapter 2 . 1/27/2013
Oh, yayy, I'm so glad this updated again! I definitely laughed at the dismayed commentary from these two.

I am SOOO excited for the students to start coming in. But will all their items be 'naturalised'? I have to wonder what an iPad gets turned into...
Putscheschka chapter 2 . 1/27/2013
to her defence: Troll
Says that they have fur.
And i had to google that jigsaw-reference. Thought that was some sort of puzzle, at first xD
To my defence... I've never seen Saw. I don't like pointless violence that's so close to reality.

"We'll clear that up with the fanbrats when they get here. And make sure Jaina doesn't get her hands on it, or she'll relocate the entire school to the bottom of the ocean."
that was my favourite line, i had to laugh so hard xD
101Icestormxx chapter 2 . 1/27/2013
XXDDD awesome start, now let the chaos begin ! 8DDD
and as for the affliction thing, shes in the ebon blade, is neutral, but helps the alliance out time to time
like thassarian but more neutral ... if that makes sense ... no ? ... then just go for ebon blade XXDDD
and Tyrande ... why must your name be so hard to spell O_
erndvizgskbuvoo good luck with the updating-ness
Bronwyn O'Reilly chapter 2 . 1/27/2013
Oh, joy-o-joy, we're getting into the good stuff! I reckon you've done fairly well with the author inserts, you've both given them a hefty them a hefty amount of cynicism towards everything. I really like the 'naturalisation', that's a fantastic idea! Maybe those colourful gnomish goggles or a spell for the glasses, assuming you don't want to keep them the way they are - after all, there are plenty of characters out there wearing glasses, if ridiculous ones.
The banter worked really well; all the dialogue came out extremely natural and realistic, almost exactly how I see two siblings casually mocking other peoples' stupidity. The spelling and grammar are very well done, and the paragraphs are well structured so as to contain enough information, but not so much as to become unnecessary. I can't really comment on canonical characterisation, but the little references that Kitty and SC throw around in their dialogue do fit.
I'm looking forward to seeing the many varieties of OC's that will crop up next chapter. If they're anything like the ones described - or are - then it's going to be huge fun to watch them suffer through the OFUA boot camp! Keep it up!
Lily Winterwood chapter 2 . 1/26/2013
/cackles because she inflicted the race-confused gnome on you guys

Long school year indeed! I can't wait for the mayhem to start!
Ranger24 chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
Whoops! Forgot the last part!

x [Ranger24]
SvenWhite chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
Does it help that I know almost nothing about Warcraft? I think it would be a good time to learn... And research like hell.

Name: Marlei Thomas

Race: Human.

Hair: Ginger

Eyes: Green... So they say

Skin/Fur: Skin.? I'm not sure if it's pale white? Or just fair white? No more colors! They insult me! (Haha... Colour-blind.) shut it.

Other distinguishing physical traits (facial hair, tail deformities, notches in ears, etc.): freckles?

Allegiance: Scrouge, hell yeah!

Class: Mage

If you are a hunter, which pet do you have and what is its name? A bunny named snowy because her hair is white like the snow.

Primary Professions: Enchanting / Inscription

Secondary Professions: First Aid

Have you ever written a fanfiction for World of Warcraft? Yes

Have you ever written a canon/canon Warcraft pairing? Yes

Have you ever written a canon/OC Warcraft pairing? Yes

Have you ever written a Mary Sue or Marty Stu? What's that? No, don't think so.

Favorite 'good' character(s) (Alliance, Horde, Knights of the Ebon Blade, etc.): Koltira, I think...

Favorite 'evil' character(s) (Scourge, Burning Legion, etc.): None

Favorite 'neutral' character(s) (Red/Green/Blue/Bronze Dragonflights, taunka, etc.): meh... None.

Lust Object(s): none.

x Marlei Thomas
Ranger24 chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
Name: Andrew

Gender: Male

Race: Human (Or Undead if a human applicant can't be Horde)

Hair: Dark Brown

Eyes: Brown

Skin/Fur: Caucasian

Other distinguishing physical traits (facial hair, tail deformities, notches in ears, etc.): Really tall, minor notch on right ear

Allegiance: Horde

Class: Hunter

If you are a hunter, which pet do you have and what is its name?: A Wolf named Riley

Primary Professions: Skinning / Leatherworking

Secondary Professions: Cooking / First Aid

Have you ever written a fanfiction for World of Warcraft? Yes Road Trip of Madness, Family Tree, Horde Prime, Allies with Benefits.

Have you ever written a canon/canon Warcraft pairing? Does Lor'ThemarxSylvanas count?

Have you ever written a canon/OC Warcraft pairing? No

Have you ever written a Mary Sue or Marty Stu? Well I did have Lor'Themar get commanded by Chuck Norris to make a seriously awesome car but its mostly been played for laughs.

Favorite 'good' character(s) (Alliance, Horde, Knights of the Ebon Blade, etc.): Lor'Themar Theron

Favorite 'evil' character(s) (Scourge, Burning Legion, etc.): Arthas (He's Darth Vader done right!)

Favorite 'neutral' character(s) (Red/Green/Blue/Bronze Dragonflights, taunka, etc.): Rhonin (DAMN YOU GARROSH!)

Lust Object(s): None really to speak of. Sylvanas is hot but I kinda prefer her with Lor'Themar, its funnier that way.

Why I should be accepted?

Look at the second category.

How many male authors are ever in these kinds of stories?