Reviews for Thou Which Art But Air
Ke Roth chapter 5 . 3/2/2013
I really enjoy the way you handle the characters and the dialog - both are in character, and well done. A lovely story!
cocoa-snape chapter 5 . 2/23/2013
Yay, an update,!
A great and interesting chapter but I have to say that it made me very very sad. Both for Picard and q.
I love q taking over... Clearly the federation does not appreciate him and q clearly loves Picard for him to demand that they acknowledge him truly. A glad to see Q feeling again for Picard.
Picards actions here are very disconcerting...I hope he is merely dismayed by the last 15 yrs and whatever horrible sthings happened to him and so is acting this way because it broke my heart that he asked Q to leave. Truly
I hope in private he can apologize... And that these 2 havea second chance...either by q extending Picards life or perhaps permitting a rewind 15 yrs so that Picard can apologize as he should have done at the end of chat 4
An enthralling tale as always...denied there are more chats. PLEASE don't make this a. Sad ending !
Viviane Renard chapter 5 . 2/22/2013
I am so excited to hear that this will be a seven-part story. It's so good that I don't want it to end. I love how Q spices up Picard's retirement ceremony, obviously bothered that Picard is retiring in "disgrace," yet won't acknowledge even to himself that he's bothered by it. Instead, he views the extra audience members and decorations as "whims" to entertain himself.

I really hope we get to learn why Picard left the Federation in such a disgraced state, and that Q and Picard finally get to have a heart-to-heart talk without all the bristling and posturing. Both of them are so proud that it's hard for them to have a civil conversation. Maybe Picard's falling out with the Federation will finally let him feel that it's acceptable to travel with Q, as he no longer has any "chains" of duty and responsibility to cast off...
Ed Harley chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
That would explain why Picard was so stubborn around Q. Great dialog and setup.
Anna chapter 4 . 2/20/2013
Please write more I really enjoyed this chapter, will there be another?
Viviane Renard chapter 4 . 2/10/2013
This story is fantastic! Your characterization is amazing. I love the conversations between Q and Picard. They've never been able to see eye-to-eye, and you capture that perfectly. In between Q's funny quips and Picard's abruptness lays a very complex relationship. I found Q's trip with Picard to the Delta quadrant to be an especially poignant moment. Q's careful selection of that planet, Picard's involuntary desire to explore, the mystery of that single tree...all of it combined into a memorable scene.

I can't wait to see what you write next. Please don't keep us waiting too long!
writerofprose chapter 4 . 2/2/2013
Dear readers:

I'm trying to get the ending out ASAP. I work full time, and some stuff has come up, and also I'm drafting and redrafting the final chapter(s) to get it JUST RIGHT. It will come. As soon as I can manage it. I apologize for the wait, as I didn't anticipate it being this long. ACK!

But it will be worth it.
cocoa-snape chapter 4 . 1/26/2013
Not forever! I'll never forgive you.
Great chpt! Loved the angry turn things have taken although I'm hurt/shocked by q's coldness here.. a bit harsh even though some is well deserved bc truly Q is entitled to stand up for himself and does so TOO well here. Love the idea of the obstacle being picard's self image.
Although i know your intent is a decidedly platonic tale... I keep hoping I'm wrong. You've laid an incredible emotional network between these two; it lends itself too well to something more than friendship. Whatever it is though... Please don't leave these two sad and despondent at the end. Life is too sad as it is...
3 months, then years? Ugh... You're giving me heart palpitations! Angst is permitted only if it's resolved, please?

I re-read your magical first 3 chapters and wanted to point out some of my fav parts:

Iron, "it's cute the way you remind me of my powers"; picard's fear/need to flee his conversation w troi, and the best: "mon capitan you are iron." be still my heart.

Keep up the excellent work.
Afficted chapter 4 . 1/22/2013
Continuing to love this. I love their relationship. Please post new chapter soon!
writerofprose chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
Thanks guys!

Lexicon - I definitely couldn't refuse Q's offer, but there's something in Picard (or the way the writers wrote Picard) that made him stubborn enough to repeatedly do so in the series. In a sense, this fanfic is my exploration of this.

M - Yep, removed and rewrote. HUGE rewrite.

Cocoa-Snape - Thanks for the specific compliments. I eat those up!

Afficted - Thanks for coming back for the rewrite!

HowlynMad - I have finished it already; I'm just tweaking the ending. So you will see the whole thing. :)
HowlynMad chapter 3 . 1/21/2013
I hope you finish this. I'm thoroughly enjoying the interplay between these two.
Lexicon chapter 3 . 1/21/2013
In a way, I can see Picard's point...sorta, but honestly, how could you refuse the gift of a god. Come on, it's obvious how Q feels. Can't a god be lonely too?
Lexicon chapter 2 . 1/21/2013
Go on Jean-Luc, have a little fun...
M chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
This is just stunning..., and I recently read your first version... I'm assuming u just removed it and this is an awesome rewrite. Lovely!
cocoa-snape chapter 3 . 1/18/2013
Wow!
Picard inching away speaks volumes. Your writing and plot treats your readers as intelligent ... That is, you don't overexplain picard's turmoil. The slow reveal is the best part. I hope this story is headed toward troi's supposition of intimacy-I would be ecstatic if so, and it's only one of two logical explanation of picard's fear, the second being his trauma of locutus as a result of q's actions in q who. Bur the couch incident leads me to favor deeper feelings on jeanluc's part. Am I close?

Love that Picard has turned the tables somewhat in this chpt but he's delusional if he thinks he can control his emotions by his offer.

This is a fabulous fic! The dialogue is tight and the emotional electricity between them sizzles
And q's vulnerabilty at the end was heartbreaking. Congrats on a superb story so far
... And I'm waiting on bated breathe for more!
61 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »