Reviews for Naruto Gokan
Jessie Brown chapter 28 . 5/24
So good!
Random Chick's Pen chapter 1 . 4/22
YES! YES, THANK YOU FOR THIS! I love NaruHina, and this is pretty much the reasons why!
There are many things I find issue with in Naruto; Haku's status as a dude (would it be so hard to call him a "her?" Like seriously, what would change?), Shino, Kakashi's Team training during the Chunin Exams (aka: lack-there-of), Kakashi's training in general, Hinata, Sakura, and I can't remember anything else. Now don't get me wrong; I DO like Kakashi, but the way he is presented as a Jounin and Team leader leaves much to be desired and makes me understand why so many bash his training "style."
Now on Shino, it's Naruto's behavior TOWARDS Shino, which bothers me more than his own with Hinata, for more or less the same reasons. Now we all know Naruto was desperate for acceptance and that fueled his actions and desires as a genin to even his days as Hokage (though he had hopefully found peace with them by then). Here is a boy, you're age and a loner that is avoided by his status as a vessel for undesirable being(s). His clan is constantly neglected and forgotten; it's a running gag. Does this not sound familiar? Sure he hosts bugs and NO ONE likes bugs, but it's hard to have been fond of a rampaging demon fox, too, am I right? And yet people looked passed that and befriended the host for who he was and not what he carried. Yet Shino's speech patterns consist of him talking formally and scientifically with inserts of "why?" in the middle of it to explain things no one would give him the chance to otherwise. Sometimes he throws in a few facts of himself, like hobbies, likes and dislikes. How is that not sad? And yet Naruto finds him creepy and can't even look at him neutrally - he FORGETS him, even? This is one of the few people Naruto can truly relate to in the village and even HE shuns him? I find that so hypocritical and therefore out of character for him and it makes me mad. Seriously, being friends with Shino can't be all that terrible. If nothing else, you learn things and new vocabulary every day, while you teach him to have fun.
This keys in to his "relationship" with Hinata or lack-thereof. Sure, they didn't have to be close, but you'd think after how he opened up and supported her at the Chunin Exams that he would at least spend some time with her? This leading to becoming friends? After all, you don't just open up your heart to somebody, someone you're not all that close to and have them witness your vulnerable side when you already struggle to gain people's approval when STRONG, and NOT form a kinship. It doesn't make sense; Naruto isn't one to use someone, and when you have a heart-to-heart with someone, when they were able to show such great understanding and give you exactly what you needed and ever wanted on one of your first in not the first true discussion they had ever held and NOT want to form at least a friendship with them, I do believe something is painfully wrong. I find this out of character for him, as this should have told him that he should befriend her, if for the only reason of "she understands." Isn't that what the whole Gaara-thing was all about?
And then her confession. Lesser men would have at least RESPONDED to it by now. It is clear that Naruto at least respects her as a person and for her morals, and he certainly doesn't hate her company, so why can't he at least talk to her about what he said? I don't believe he loves Sakura the way he thinks he does, more out of ignorance of a better understanding of the word, so after her confession, would he not be curious as to HOW she had come to love him? More on the why, maybe? Would he not be curious? After all, it's not like he holds a great, narcissistic opinion of himself in the eyes of others. It's why he does so much they way he does for others and for himself - to prove his worth. He had never done anything truly spectacular for her, things which normally turned people to his side, from the bitter-Tsunade to mopy-Inari. How come this doesn't spark his curiosity?
On the Sakura thing, while I can see your reasoning, I don't stand by it. Naruto had to have essentially raised himself, and had only learned of "true-love" in the form of the love parents have with their children on a personal level by meeting his parents in Kurama's Seal. Romantic love is beyond him, as Hinata was too shy to approach him and Filler/Movie girls hardly count. He's too dense to notice, anyway.
I think Naruto may LIKE Sakura, have a crush on her and stuff, but not feel romantic love for her. His reasoning for his love for her and his actions are more like a boy with his first crush rather than a man in love. I think he loves her as a sister, with the bonds of friendship and those who have shed blood, sweat, and tears together, but not love. He may have realized it's not romantic love somewhere near her "confession," but may have not known what to do about it anymore. For now, it could just be how he shows his affection.
Hinata, I think, would be great for him, and I wished they had had a good opportunity to become friends, as I think they would have held a sweet, supportive friendship, leading up to a slow, but powerful love.
On Hinata's "career" as a ninja, where I can see where you come from, I think she would just be a better ninja had she the better mindset. You're stance, I read as "I'm a lover, not a fighter, but I'll fight for what I love," but I think she holds such great potential as a fighter that it can't be ignored. Her shattered confidence lead her to do things for others and find comfort in Naruto to cope, gaining genuine respects and feelings for him, all the same, but still latching onto him more than she should. A shattered confidence can really screw up with one's potential to do things, and sadly, it made her look like a weak ninja. The way, how, and why she fights says she'll be a great ninja, so I DO think she should be a ninja. However, had she had confidence in herself, she no doubt would have seemed to have held the title better. She can still be the sweet kind girl that you can go to when there's a problem, but she won't be so scared to stand up for herself or approach others.
And YES! NEJI LIVES! Neji dying was just stupid in my opinion, and just a move to try to bring tragedy to the main-ish characters, the Konoha "11 (12)." Had Hiashi died, it would have served as a redemption-death, improving his standing in the overall eyes of the viewers and providing character developments to both Neji and Hinata, having been a symbol/cause/association of their emotional turmoil by giving them the opportunity to mourn and come to terms with all he represented in their lives; to let their demons truly go. The fact that Tenten didn't say anything worthwhile, much less shed a tear is shoddy as they were displayed to be comfortable with each other, presumably spending a lot of time together as the sensible members of Team Guy. That ALONE should have had her crying, as they are not STRANGERS as the manga makes them out to be like from her reaction, let alone what all us coupling fangirls hope and fantasize between the two. My only explanation was that at that time, she was just standing strong for Lee.

...Sorry for this rant. I just got so excited by what you shared here that I just had to share. Anyway, thank you for writing this and feel free to debate or talk to me about anything. I would love it!
Random Chick.
satomika chapter 1 . 4/5
I love your opinion/theory/perspective about NaruHina

I think it absolutely hit the mark!

I'm amazed by your observation!
pervyysage chapter 9 . 12/7/2014
LOL. this one was funny
The Fox Sage chapter 3 . 5/25/2014
How much free time due you have to think about this
The Fox Sage chapter 2 . 5/25/2014
Once again i commend you for the effort
The Fox Sage chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
Damn dude your like shikamaru you put all this thought into NaruHina i comend you for the effort
N.S WAND chapter 1 . 5/2/2014
You're right. Also when people say that naruto should be with dakura because she's like kushina ... Well, naruto is more like his mother than his father... Putting 2 "kushina"s together doesnt seem like a goid idea.
I personaly like naruhina because they seem to balance each other and they seem good together. It's not all that well explained but opinions and feelings dont always have reason in them.
Also- doesnt hinata give the feeling of a wall-flower?
dragonstomper chapter 26 . 4/6/2014
Here's something you make Like.

Ten Simple Rules for Dating My Daughter by Hiashi Hyuuga

Rule One: If you come up to gates of the Hyuuga estate and announce your presence you'd better be delivering an important message from the Hokage, because you're sure not picking anything up.

Rule Two: You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them.

Rule Three: I am aware that it is considered practical for boys of your age to remove their shirts when they have been training for hours on end. Presumably, this is to ensure that you do not overheat while you are training outdoors. Please don't take this as an insult but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. We do have air conditioned dojos and indoor training halls for a reason. Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue, so I propose this compromise: You may remove your shirts and tops whenever and wherever you want, and I will not object. However, in order to ensure that your pants do not, accidentally, come off during any time spent with my daughter, I will take my senbon and fasten your trousers securely in place to your waist.

Rule Four: I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, sex with the wrong kunoichi can kill you. Let me elaborate, when it comes to sex, my daughter is that kunoichi, and I will kill you.

Rule Five: It is usually understood that in order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about recent missions, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on this subject is "early."

Rule Six: I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make you cry.

Rule Seven: As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process that can take longer than sculpting the Hokage Monument. Instead of just standing there, why don't you do something useful, like sweeping my floors?

Rule Eight: The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter: Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool. Places where there are no parents, ninja patrols, or nuns within eyesight. Places where there is darkness. Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness. Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka - zipped up to her throat. Movies with a strong romantic or sexual theme are to be avoided; movies which feature chainsaws are okay. Chunin exam tournaments are okay. Morino Ibiki's interrogation chambers are better. (Speaking of which, Ibiki owes me a favour. Would you like me to make an appointment for you? It's no trouble.)

Rule Nine: Do not lie to me. I am a master of the Byakugan – that makes me a living lie detector. I can see every involuntary twitch, every breath, and each bead of sweat on your face. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I have an army of elite Byakugan users at my beck and call. Do not trifle with me.

Rule Ten: Be afraid. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your steps coming up to my front gate for an enemy Cloud ninja sent here to steal the secrets of the Byakugan. You remember what happened to the last Cloud ninja who crossed me, don't you? Incidentally, I will be cleaning and polishing the family katana as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you set one foot on my property you should submit yourself to a full body search by my guards, remove all hidden weapons from your person, and keep both hands in plain sight. Announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, then leave - there is no need for you to come inside. You may not see me, but rest assured. I see you.
dragonstomper chapter 28 . 4/6/2014
Having hanabi explain what shes been doing with gaara, and then having the kages meet there girlfriends father. Then sakura in kankuro's bed.

And I truly love this story! :)
Guest chapter 28 . 3/30/2014
See at the bottom that their is a sequel just made my life 400% better. You should have heard me squeal when I saw that. My mom threw my an odd look but whatever, to your profile away, for the rest of this beautiful story. Love, Taylor
P.S. I'm a guy, so maybe that's why the squeal got an odd look. Thanks for the great story.
Gur40goku chapter 1 . 3/16/2014
This is the greatest statement towards both sides of the fandumb and real reason that i find myself nodding to every-word
Ghost Angel14 chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
Can we talk because you basically just described all my reasons for being a naruhina fan. I LEGIT THINK YOU COULD BE MY BEST FRIEND AFTER THAT
JThawN chapter 28 . 1/13/2014
I never knew this existed! Ohmygosh you are an amazing writer. Damn I couldn't stop reading! Lovely lovely story and Naruto Gaimu makes more sense now lol. Well done. I'd leave a review for every chapter but that'd take me ages lol.
Rodneysao chapter 2 . 1/12/2014
Wow! I didn't see that comming. I really liked all of your choices, even if some I had never seen, but I would like to point a few things about each pairing.
Lee As much as I like Karin and think that could work, I saw that girl Kurama, from a filler, a konoha kunoichi who can only work with genjutsus, a very interesting pairing for Lee, I don't know if you like it, but the fact that he can only use taijutsu and she can only use genjutsu connect them, Kurama is a girl with low perspective and self-esteem and could calm down Lee a little adn Lee could help her become strong enough to face the shinobi world.
Kiba I've never thought about Karui to be a woman for him, but when you mentioned I realized that many people agree with you just by searching images for her on google (I didn't remember how she look like hahaha). After all I like it.
Shino Well, here you made my head explode, I was like "how did he remembered her? OMG!" and then "Holy Shit! I can see this working!" hahaha very nice, very nice indeed.
Sakura For Sakura I always figured someone like Yusuke, from Yu Yu Hakusho, he's someone who can, literally, trade shouts with Sakura, both have strong personalities and don't give in easily, but deeper inside they could really love each other, even if Yousuke seems not care about her, they daily life would be very different from a day to another, in one they would pass all day calm and only appreciating the companion of each other, in the next they could fight like a war but in the end both still sleeps in the same bed.
About Shikamaru, Neji and Ino, I have nothing to say, only that I like every pairing you pointed.