Reviews for Harry Potter: Junior Inquisitor
Reflective599 chapter 26 . 9/21
I feel an uncharacteristic amount of rage right now. Not because of you're writing ( its excellent) but because of the characters actions. I honestly skimmed the last three chapters because every time I got too deep into Dumbledore's thoughts, I was overwhelmed by the need to put my fist through the nearest wall. All this is to say, well done, you're writing can elicit some very strong emotions, and i can't wait to see how this ends ( and how Dumbles goes down).
hiserd59 chapter 24 . 9/19
I don't like what you did to Harry, it takes away from the story, which I thought was very good up until this chapter. Very bad form!
Mistress Saturn1 chapter 37 . 9/18
Has this been abandoned?
U-no-poo chapter 37 . 9/15
Hey, lovely story. I'm a guest reader. Absolutely love your story, but please update the next chapter quicker

Muah! You're awesome. Love ya!
Abstract Ideas chapter 37 . 9/16
I acknowledge the flaws of Dumbledore, but guys, remind yourself of exactly how old Dumbledore is again?

Oh right, he's over 100 years old, lived through two wars, watched his sister die, and suspects that he did it.

The lack of questioning on Dumbledore's part can be explained through the fact that Dumbledore defeated Grindelwald. He's the darling of the magical world.

Look, if someone murdered Hitler, would you ever question their actions again? No, you wouldn't. Because you'd be afraid of being wrong, and then you're condemned for condemning a war hero. Basically, peer pressure. Plus, I can give out an entire fucking list of reasons of why Dumbledore is not evil.

Year 1: Dumbledore left the Philosopher's Stone in Hogwarts, and asked the PROFESSORS to come up with distractions. Dumbledore only came up with the defense of the Mirror of Erised (Which was actually a great defense), while the other professors came up with the chess set, the charms, the herbology, and the troll. Wanna condemn someone? Go condemn the professors. Also, Dumbledore already was noted to have a phoenix BEFORE he even got the Philosopher's Stone, so that route is out. Year 6 demonstrates that it is indeed, a phoenix when it took a fucking Avada Kedavra to the chest and lived.

Year 2: Exactly how would Dumbledore access the Chamber of Secrets? Dippet couldn't do it, so why should Dumbledore be able to? Besides, what happens if you bring the Aurors in? Oh right, Tom Riddle orders the Basilisk on a rampage and half the aurors die. And how would Dumbledore know it was a Basilisk in the first place?

Year 3: Yes... because Dumbledore, can totally overrule an incredibly stupid and stubborn Minister of Magic who's being bribed by the Malfoys. And as for Sirius? There's this thing called 'fallout'. Dumbledore had to deal with it and loads of paperwork, trials, and identifying Death Eaters. He probably assumed that the Secret Keeper WAS Sirius (And if you tell me that you knew upon reading the first five chapters that Sirius was innocent and Peter Pettigrew was still alive, I'm calling bullshit) And got a trial, and shuffled it to the back of his head.

Year 4: Yes... because Dumbledore totally knew that a dangerous Death Eater had replaced Moody, who always acted insane and paranoid anyways. As for the Goblet? The Age Line stopped the Twins, and considering that they're ridiculously creative, and probably the most creative children in Hogwarts, he probably assumed that the Age Line was good enough.

Year 5: The reason why Dumbledore didn't want messages going to Harry was because Harry probably would've been incredibly angry at the Ministry, and would've probably walked into the Magical World angry, read the Daily Prophet, became angrier, and let loose a small burst of accidental magic and the Ministry would condemn him over it. As to UMBRIDGE as an ALLY? She sent dementors at him. I think that sums up a lot. The trial was purposely moved so that they could send Harry to jail without Dumbledore or anyone defending him. And then Dumbledore proceeded to be forced to walk out in order to protect Harry and the DA from being expelled.

Year 6: Dumbledore was already dying, and had to adapt his plans to help Harry a bit more. He also believed in the Deathly Hallows, and arranged for Harry to possess all 3.

Year 7: Yes, Dumbledore's manipulative, and needed Harry to die. But Dark Lords aren't this flimsy scrap piece of paper that can be blown away like the wind. It was war at that point, and hundreds of generals throughout history have sacrificed people to defeat their enemies, yet THEY'RE not condemned. They're called heroes. And war requires men to make hard decisions.

As to people who further condemn Dumbledore, I'd like to remind you that he's not this all-powerful deity with power over time and space. He's a tired old man who's rather clever trying to do the best he can to help.
amsev chapter 3 . 9/12
Love this story! Re-reading for the Nth time. Hope your muse cooperates to write some more!
TheGoldenSpeedster chapter 24 . 9/12
This reminds me of a story where Dumbledore mass-controlled the Aurors and obliviated the entire magical world
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 6 . 9/12
I think High Inquisitor is too Muggle and too much like the Inquisition. I would picture High Inquisitor would be repugnant to many wizards.
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 1 . 9/12
I've tried a number of times to rewrite Harry's trial as I'm not terribly pleased with the way it came out in the movie and it's worse in the book. Harry is too helpless for my liking and nobody seems to care in the book. In the movie Dumbledore seems to be more concerned with establishing that Voldemort has returned than with Harry's innocence.

I've had Harry take a badass stance and tell Dumbledore to sit down and then argue his own case by stating that the issue of the Dark Lord's return is not on trial and that he won't argue that point because it isn't on trial.

Next I made him emancipated by the fact his name came out of the Goblet of Fire. Ludo Bagman comes in and testifies that the Trace was gone off Harry's wand.

Harry then finds fault with the timing of the letter and that Mafalda Hopkirk works daytime hours and had gone home for the day.

Since the trace was gone from his wand how did the Ministry detect it?

Harry picks the Ministry's case to pieces and forces an acquittal.
x-eleven chapter 37 . 9/8
Starts with an interesting premise: take one of the most loathsome characters, Dolores Umbridge, and make her a "good guy". After that, the story doesn't quite work unless the whole story is that of rival "godfathers" of criminal gangs, Death Eaters v. The Order of the Phoenix, battling over turf.

In the stories, Dumbledore is a character of ambiguity: noble motives (save magical Britain from the depredations of Voldemort) but who chooses dubious methods (manipulating Harry into self-sacrifice) that ultimately horrify Severus Snape once he figures it out. You would have done better to back off of the villainous Dumbledore schtick. Although it isn't as extreme as some I've seen.
mattmurduck chapter 8 . 9/7
*huey lewis voice* it's called the power of love
mattmurduck chapter 5 . 9/7
it's still dark outside! the cats are making noises that are Highly Suspect! I CANT HANDLE A VOLDEMORT WHO TAKES BEHAVIORAL CUES FROM A SPIDER!
mattmurduck chapter 4 . 9/7
"Bounding along on all fours like a dog."
uuuuuuuuh so I'm suddenly so fucking glad I decided to pull an all-nighter! y'all just gave me a rush of the heebs
Remi chapter 37 . 9/1
I've started this fic as very appreciative, let's be honest. Interesting premise, very well written, managing to turn the most utterly loathsome character of the franchise, hideous Umbitch, into an interesting character was enthralling. And I do enjoy a Harry who uses his brain and acts independantly. And having him meet and bond with his mother's friends was really good. But the praise stops here I'm afraid.

Because what's started as a very enjoyable read quickly spiraled into one of the *worst* fics I've ever had the misfortune to read, and believe me, I've read a friggin' load of shitty ones. Seriously, I can understand that you hate a character. That's your right. Also, writing a fic to see said hated character get what you feel they deserve is totally natural. That's what fanfics are for, right? A bit of wish fulfillment is quite enjoyable after all.
But man. Ever heard of the concept of moral grayness? Of tri-dimensional characters? Of respecting the canon? Of not friggin' *insulting your readers' intelligence*? There is spiteful, vindicative, hate dumb, and there is your fic. Seriously man you've got *worriying* issues... Ever considered seeing a therapist to vent out all that pent-up, irrational hatred for a fictional character?

Seriously, the lengths you go to utterly vilify and demonize Dumbledore, to the point that Voldemort looks like a choirboy in comparison is nothing short of *staggering* ! The lengths you go to twist each and every of his good action into self-serving blackmail-material; to twist his excentric but genuine concern for his student, genuine championing of magical creatures and muggle-borns into manipulation, deceit and gaslighting is Jaw-dropping. Such level of spite would be almost worthy of awe if it was not so worrying. What could ever bring you to LOATHE the poor sod that much ?

Ok there is the usual manipulation, embezzlement, drugging with potions, raising him as a pig for slaughter to get the glory, and each and every utterly trite cliched Evil!Dumbledore fic UNDER THE SUN. Not to mention other appalling and worthless fanon cliche of Ancient and Nobles Houses, Lords, Seats in the Wizengamot (thoroughly debunked by canon) and Hermione's parents being named Dan and Emma. (Harmonians I swear) Talk about original...

But really? Drugging the *entire* student body? Getting past misdeeds out of your hat for his followers for him to sweep under the rug and gain devoted slaves who never question him? Forging qualifications for blackmail and coercion? Throwing Harry under the bus for PR? Having friggin *murderous terrorists* escape justice? HAVING FAWKES NOT BEING A PHOENIX BUT A TRANSFIGURED AUGUREY? Congratulations man. You see the smoldering pile of ashes there? That's what's left of my willing suspension of disbelief.
Shitting that many truckloads of diarrhea on the canon's face just to fullfil your spiteful, hateful, childish hatred, really you gain points for trying, though the results SUCKS.

How do you plan on explaining the fact that Harry's and Voldemort's wands having Phoenix feather core being CRUCIAL to cannon? Did you only consider the fact?
I could rave on the fact that Dumbledore only spoke about the greater good when he genuinely believed it, due to Grindelwald toxic influence, and that he NEVER says it in person in canon. That he spend the following century atoning, loathing himself and fleeing power out of shame. That he was acutely aware of his failings and mistakes, which he blamed himself for. That he came to love Harry like a grandson, was horrified and heartbroken upon realizing he was a horcrux who had to die, and overjoyed to learn that Voldemort took Harry's blood which gave him a chance at survival. That he was utterly elated to see that Harry was worthier than him and welcomed him in Limbo as an equal, if not a superior.
But why bother? Those facts clearly flew miles over the head of the self-professed "Potter Nerd" you present yourself as when you read the book and saw the movies, no doubt that it's not a negative review that will remind them to you. I even assume that upon reading him, you will despise me or insult me. No matter. The damage is done, and its sad.

Seriously man, get help. For your own good get help.
A-Friend01 chapter 37 . 9/1