Reviews for Blessed Composition
M. Cartwright chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
Hey,

I just read the first chapter and I can already tell I'm gonna like this story. I'll be reading some more of Resolve's Light soon and reviewing it as well. :)
Last Ride Of The Valkyries chapter 6 . 4/24/2013
Loving the story, but I just wanted to point out that kinetics dictate that the underwater explosion would cause massive ripple effects that would liquefy the young boy's internal organs in a similar manner to the smaller scale ripple effect created by shooting fish in a barrel. If you don't hit any, the ripple still kills them all.

Eh, I suspend logic too, sometimes. Keep up the good work.
Lady Aeries chapter 20 . 4/17/2013
I find it rather hilarious that as I was reading this, 'Arrival' from Halo 4 OST was playing on my computer. That just made this epilogue a whole lot more epic hehe. Great end! I like how you've put enough in there to get me curious about Trip's past as well as how the story may not end. Spartan Ops in my head all over again :)

Teaser please!
Lady Aeries chapter 19 . 4/16/2013
Whooo, The story's done :D A little sad about it but happy cause that was a pretty great ending. Just had the Halo 4 ending stuck in my head the entire time. It's a pretty creative concept of abandoning ship as well as making Blessed Composition more or less destruct in itself while being able to contain the Composer beam. Loved the little quips in the end as well.

Can't wait for the epilogue :)
Lady Aeries chapter 18 . 4/14/2013
Dun dun dun! The first two parts reminded me of pirates. Or Star Wars. Well, in my head it went along those lines haha. Nicely executed! The last part was like an action-packed episode trailer from Spartan Ops. Just enough in it to get you excited and then want to throttle the creator(s) ie. you for leaving it as it is.

In other words, I WANT TO READ THE NEXT CHAPTER :)
Lady Aeries chapter 16 . 4/11/2013
Continuing my obviously random commentary, I found chapters 13 and 14 to be interesting in terms of how it played out in my head. To me, they were action packed yet also very chilled out if that makes sense. As though it was a stealth operation and the Blades that were engaging hostiles like it was nothing new. I liked how you added little quips in there to differentiate between being mercenaries and an actual UNSW unit.

Chapter 15 was great. I really enjoyed you giving some background to Hamed, making him less of a secondary character and more of a central one. Thoroughly enjoyed the fight scene in this one, in particular Vaal's part. And the conversation at the end of the chappie :)

So obviously I found the answer to my own question (in my previous review) in Chapter 16 lol. The timelapse you created here was really well done! And the fight scene..even though it was short, this was my favourite! This is the closest I've seen to the Blades being vulnerable.

Can't wait to see what the next fight scene with Kasam will be like. Please post soon :)
Lady Aeries chapter 12 . 4/11/2013
Hello!

It's been a while so I had to read through your last 6 chapters. Prepare for various comments eheh.

Yay for Halo: Reach references. I've been playing the game again lately so I got excited when you talked about it in 'Retrieval II'.

Speaking of, I like how detailed you were with the ship battle. It took me a while to paint the picture in my head but once I did, I thought it was really well done. I also liked how descriptive you were with Kasam's part :)

Chapter 12 reminded me a little of Spartan Ops, maybe because of the way you write. I could picture the scene so well in my head. It was awesome.

Also! I wanted to ask. I reread a few chapters and got a little confused. The Composer that the Storm found on the Forerunner planet is an entirely different one to the one the Didact used, correct? I wasn't sure if it was the same one or not.

P.S: Dibs on making a new character for your second installment!

P.P.S: I realise I've posted a lot of comments for this story..OMG haha.
Lady Aeries chapter 8 . 2/7/2013
Great chapter again :) Seriously your way with words is amazing cause I could imagine it all like a movie. I liked your idea of mixing in the different historical facts about warriors and making it your own, all the while keeping it in line with the Halo world.

Can't wait for the next one _
Lady Aeries chapter 7 . 2/1/2013
In my head, I imagine something action spy-ish with a hint of comedy that still make Trip and Drew seem badass, especially the walking into the spaceport wet haha. I had to laugh when you put in the Malay girl part as well :P

Loving the thriller, government scandal, civil unrest vibe I'm getting from the 2nd end of the chapter. You're setting it up nicely! Wish more were reading this. They're definitely missing out on an amazing story :)

P.S: Interested in how you're gonna use ODSTs and Spartans in the team though. I assume they're mercenaries like Trip so it brings up the whole topic of how they're not in the UNSC anymore, do they still have their gear etc.
Lady Aeries chapter 5 . 1/27/2013
This is definitely the best chapter I've read so far. Absolutely loving the references (even though I have no idea about the aviation ones haha _"). The detail you put into your writing is amazing. I had to read it a couple of times because of how descriptive you were but once I processed everything, it just made me feel like throttling you cause I wanna know what happens next.

Yay for adding the Burj in there. Makes me wonder how different it could potentially be 5 centuries down the road haha. Also, do I detect the Battle of Mortis story in a nutshell in that 2nd paragraph? If it is, you are awesome.
Guest chapter 5 . 1/26/2013
Is that a b-2 stealth bomber reference with that there was of 132 stealth frigates only 21 were made and only one destroyed
Lady Aeries chapter 4 . 1/25/2013
Exciting stuff. Enjoying the way you're writing the first few chapters to add some awesome dynamic to the storyline. This chappie was simple yet pretty badass. Can't wait for the next one and to know more about the mercenaries :)
Lady Aeries chapter 2 . 1/19/2013
Again, imagined the characters as they were in the game. Love it, especially the research you put in and how you wrote the chapter. Can't wait to meet your contractors :)
ghostleon chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
interesting i wonder where your going with this
Lady Aeries chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
Andddd you're back :D Was surprised when I got a new story update, especially a Halo-based one but this is awesome. Love how you've set up the first chapter and especially love how I could imagine the scenario as you would in Spartan Ops. Can't wait to see how your storyline pans out and what you might do with your characters :)