Reviews for Clandestine
GODIVA chapter 11 . 9h
Update plz!
SheerLuck Home chapter 5 . 3/17
I can really appreciate how you defined 47, the way his Agent skills could come out in everyday life. One example is that he didn't know he could be so delicate when he touches her temple, because in his work he'd need that level of dexterity while working with explosives.

It's good that you related things making sense that way, and you conveyed really well how a recluse like 47 could think/behave when faced with anything not pertaining to his daily routine. Anyone who knows this kind of life, shares character traits and behaviors with him (men and women alike), knows all too well how it's like, because it really is like that. All the questionings, second guessing, feelings you're not accustomed to, your rigidity, your own mind constantly chastising you, etc. Therefore to be able to write it as such, you're either one non-social individual yourself or you've done your research/know someone like that. Or it could also come down to the simple fact that you know how to write/imagine things properly.

I always pictured 47 to be asexual, he's really the type, and I rarely give into romanticism but your story is fine because of all the above, well-written. Though I dare hope someone in real life isn't as dumb as this woman, her being accustomed to violence and how stupid/violent humans can be; how could she leave her goddamn windows open and doors unlocked? That's just asking for troubles, either she's really illogical and stupid or perhaps she really wants to die. Philanthropists and naive people like her makes me cringe the way she makes 47 irate, yet again you got those details right, like many others.
I'm glad I clicked on this despite it being categorized as 'romance'.
GODIVA chapter 11 . 3/16
Wow! I'm so glad you are back to this! I have re-read this 3 times till now and finally we can move forward! Please keep on writing and don't finish it in a few chapters. Extend to a lot more... Because the concept is beautiful! Thanks for writing and keep on updating!
chasewilddreams chapter 11 . 3/12
Fantastic! Can't wait to see what's next. Keep writing!
BenRG chapter 11 . 3/9
FWIW, I'm not sure what Lucas's game is. Does he hope to take down 47 and thus increase his own reputation? Is there an outstanding contract on 47's head (almost certainly) that he's trying to claim? Either way, he's bitten off more than he can possibly chew.

Now... I wonder how many lies 47 will be able to make sound like the truth to Arleen's experienced and suspicious ears tomorrow?
What a great update! Can't wait to read what happens next!
Hyoshado chapter 11 . 3/7
I love it! I really like how you portray 47I really hope he kills Lucas... haha
BenRG chapter 10 . 2/26
So, not the ex-husband but possibly an ex-client who, foolishly, Arleen got back on the streets because he deserved a 'second chance'. Someone who is aware of the ICA's activities (if not the details) and doubtless has more than a little awe for the reputation, legend and myth of The Hitman.

Yeah, something tells me that Arleen's life is about to turn into the venue of one of Agent 47's signature extended bouts of technicolour violence. I would find it ironic if it wasn't even personal for him. Rather that, even as Arleen was cowering in her house, understandably fearful of Lucas's return, a frowning Agent 47 is looking at the screen of his laptop and listening to Diana's precise English accent as she outlined who and what Lucas is and why his suddenly movement west was unwelcome to certain vested interests, leading them to pay the ICA a considerable amount of money to make sure that this movement was his last.
BenRG chapter 9 . 2/26
Interesting; is Lucas another Agency operative or just someone else who kills for a living? Either way, I've got a feeling that the mystery of Arleen's ex is about to be solve, likely quite explosively at the end of which, the story of Arleen Markem has to end for security reasons. The woman will live but the identity (such as it is - I get the impression that Arleen has few real friends and fewer regular non-professional contacts) will have to go; 47 will insist on it for her own safety.
BenRG chapter 8 . 2/26
I'm pretty sure that Jack will think twice before ever seeing Arleen again. She still hasn't worked it out but he has: That nice and ever so dippy lawyer is apparently dating Death.
BenRG chapter 7 . 2/26
If 47 doesn't end up determined to teach Arleen a degree of paranoia... and to keep a loaded pistol - at least a 9mm loaded with hollow-tips - on her at all times, I'll be very surprised.

Arleen isn't stupid, though. Naive to an almost painful degree and certainly too good for the cesspit that 47 knows the world to be but she isn't stupid. She'll realise that 'Malcolm' is a Hitman eventually. There will be some subconscious tell that will blow his cover or she'll see one of the 'Anon' wanted posters for his various contracts in the US over the years and make the connection.
BenRG chapter 6 . 2/26
Oh, I do think that Agent 47 is definitely going to be seeking out Arleen's ex on this one. Mostly out of offended professionalism, you understand. Thugs like him bring down the level of the entire criminal fraternity. Additionally, the man will know things that 47 needs to complete his file on Arleen as well as being a security loose end for his Los Angeles downtime spot.
BenRG chapter 5 . 2/26
That's the thing that it is very easy to miss about how the game rules educate us about Agent 47. He can kill without so much as an eyeblink and will kill witnesses and cops, soldiers, guards and other subtypes of mook if necessary but he isn't one for random carnage. Killing someone because their continued existence irks him, is an inconvenience or because of emotional confusion on his part isn't his way. He is neither pitiless nor remorseless and he is certainly not emotionless. He is simply a professional and knows the best way to get his missions done.
BenRG chapter 4 . 2/26
I'm wondering if 47 is planning, the next time he's in between contracts, to hunt down Arleen's ex, find out just where she got those curious scars and, should the answers he gives prove unsatisfactory, say goodbye.
BenRG chapter 3 . 2/26
Interesting... 'Doctor'? Arleen is a JD? A JD and yet doing the public defence gig when she could be pulling in megabucks as the attorney for something like Dow Chemicals, Raytheon, Google or Exxon? She's an idealist then. That explains her attempt to reach out to what her experience tells her is a nightmare in a stylish Italian suit.

I wonder if 47 has considered sending her resumé to the Agency? They could always use a brain in their "let's screw the bad guys in broad daylight rather than send 47 to kill them" department.