Reviews for Just a Matter of Perspective
Riverlightillusion chapter 1 . 1/10
Whoa. That was impressive. Actually, incredible. The wonderful ways you've written each of the Leader's personalities: Lenora's care for Cheren(a rather ingenious touch), Burgh's artistic observance of city life, Elesa's numbness, Skyla's brutal honesty, and the always great dynamic between stalwart Drayden and enthusiastic Iris. I don't like your interpretation of Brycen, but the rest of the oneshot more than makes up for it.
However, while the Gym Leader's minds are ingeniously textured, they are merely backdrops for observing these two relationships. I never really believed in checkmate, until now. You've built both of these so tenderly that they seem equally beautiful and somehow delicate and sacred. I'm not sure how to describe how excellent this short glympse into a much deeper Unova is, or the way its beauty makes me want to watch it forever.
ataraxies chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
I loved this! It's really sad. When it comes to Ferris wheel Shipping and Checkmate Shipping, I can never choose one since both are very sweet. Good thing I'm not White! Nice work:)
RosaMeiWhite2 chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
i loved everything that mentioned N. please do another one! but without cheren, please. :D
Tenebras Lux chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
Hello!
Long time no see :3

This is beautiful - it definitely is 'just a matter of perspective', but I think that you wrote them all really well! I like how each one is quite short, but straight to the point. I found Drayden's one was quite interesting, especially with the "it's her way of being precocious, trying to delay her training with mentions of a boy loving a girl loving a boy."

Overall, it was fabulous, and I found it quite true... "the only opinion that truly matters is White's." White's section was very, very short, but the (repetitive?) feeling from the two (Cheren and N's) sections above was carried, making White's section very powerful.

Oh, and everyone else's section kinda just finishes, and the reader feels satisfied. Even for Cheren and N's section. But for White... "she dreads the day she must choose", leaves you with questions, making you read the story over and over again, like all good books. (Well... I say book, but you know what I mean!)
balthazars chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
Beautifull written. It was really cool how you told the story from each of the Gym Leaders' (and White, Cheren, and N's) perspectives.
JessLeigh214 chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
I really loved this! The concept was original, and your writing was simply amazing, the entire thing was beautiful. (:
ILikeShorts chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
Loved it. A lot. And I'm not even a particularly big fan of either of these pairings or anything.

This is beautifully written, and such a good idea, too. I love how you explored basically everyone's perspective on White's love life, from the bystanders to the two love interests to finally White herself. It's definitely one of those things that makes me think, "Wow, I wish I'd thought of something like that." And I thought you really hit the nail on the head with your characterizations of the Unova leaders.

It's hard to say whose perspective is my favorite because they're all so incredibly well done, but if I had to pick, it'd probably be Burgh's, because the last line is just... wow.
MulberryFlower chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
This was... beautiful. I am a DualRivalShipper and a ChessShipper, but I loved this nonetheless.

I also loved the way you described Skyla's views on the matter. It's so REAL and RAW and amazing.

In a word: fantastic.
The Light's Refrain chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
Aww, this is so cute. You did a great job with the back-to-back POV shifts, and showing everyone's opinion without getting too wordy. Also like how included Cheren and N's POV, and how you left it open at the end with White. I particularly liked Burgh's, Elesa's, and Clay's.

One quick thing though - White doesn't have Reshiram at Dragonspiral Tower. She doesn't even have the Light Stone yet. So you probably want to fix that.

All in all, awesome story, and thanks for doing it for me! :)

Cya!
Poke-lover88 chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
This was perfect! A very interesting concept, and very unique in how you set it up! I enjoyed this immensely! :D
-Poke-lover88