Reviews for That Fateful Halloween
excessivelyperky chapter 21 . 10/7
This is the last chapter? she whines.

Continue, plz? (bats eyelashes)
excessivelyperky chapter 20 . 10/7
You know, if Voldemort ever thought seriously about the capabilities of house elves, and was able to suborn a few of them at Hogwarts...fortunately, he doesn't. And followers like Bella don't think, not really.

Fortunately, Snape *does*. You know, this would be the perfect opportunity for Snape to have a Little Chat with Sirius while Sirius is all tied up or something...(once he regains consciousness and all that. And frankly, Spinners End is the kind of place where a few screams would result in total apathy in the rest of the neighbors).
excessivelyperky chapter 19 . 10/7
If house elves can go anywhere, is any house safe? I'm glad that Snape is keeping Miri with him at Spinners End, though. The place could do with an upgrade.

Lily keeps forgetting that Sev is evil, and then has to remind herself.

As for baldness, let's not forget the charming way James stripped Severus naked and paraded him around the school grounds.

But I guess Lily somehow fails to remember anything bad her beloved husband and friends ever did.
excessivelyperky chapter 18 . 10/7
Of course Snape knows that Remus was a werewolf, he was almost eaten by one. I seem to recall in canon that Lily didn't care very much about that.

Waves hi at Loten-I love her stories too.

And I hope Lily is going to be reasonable, though that's probably asking too much.
excessivelyperky chapter 17 . 10/7
Remus isn't that good at taking care of Harry, is he? Granted, toddlers can disappear in two seconds and not found for two hours, I remember those days.

I adore Miri. Yes, Snape had better eat his breakfast, or he can forget any help rescuing Sirius Black.

Plus, there's a very good Slytherin reason for rescuing Black-Black would rather eat nails dipped in acid and die rather than owe Snape anything. Some kinds of revenge are more subtle than others.
excessivelyperky chapter 16 . 10/7
How did Lily get the Invisibility Cloak back? Has she forgotten that Albus kept it even after she asked for it back?

Fascinating what she overhead though, isn't it? Albus has his feet of clay (and I don't blame Snape for not trusting Dumbledore to rescue him. We never saw Albus rescue him in canon, did we?).
excessivelyperky chapter 15 . 10/7
But of course Lily will *always* make excuses for James and her beloved Marauders, even after she's learned from Dumbledore about Snape spying.

Of course the Aurors won't be punished for subduing such a *dangerous* Death Eater. Snape always deserves everything he gets according to everyone but Dumbledore, and if he turns against Snape, Snape should probably leave Britain.

I'm beginning to wonder about Remus, myself. It's to his advantage to have Lily dependent on him, rather than Sirius, now that James is gone.
excessivelyperky chapter 14 . 10/7
A good thing that Albus still thinks Snape isn't a traitor-yet. If someone charmed Lily's memory, and that of Remus as well, he could be next.

Ten Galleons say that you put Snape in the same cell with Sirius, just for fun.
excessivelyperky chapter 13 . 10/7
I can see how Lily is thinking, but why is Remus under a Memory Charm too? Or was he not told that Peter was the Secret-Keeper? It seems odd for both of them to think Sirius was the traitor.

As for Albus, it's clear he doesn't really trust Snape that much (though Minerva clearly does, or she wouldn't trust Harry to the man).

But I suspect that Lily won't fall into Albus' plan very well. She's always so certain that everything she does is right.
excessivelyperky chapter 12 . 10/5
Why on earth is Dumbledore so happy about Sirius being in Azkaban? And why isn't Lily defending her fellow Marauder, when she knows perfectly well who the real Secret-Keeper is as well?

I'm sure Albus has some wonderful secret plan which will totally screw up even *more* lives. Won't Minerva be miffed off when she can't stick Snape with babysitting Harry?
excessivelyperky chapter 11 . 10/5
I thought for a moment that McGonagall believed that the altercation was the Lily argument, but alas, not so much.

Just as well Sev told Lily the truth. You know, some people might be grateful that Snape saved their lives and that of their child, but hey, Lily has never been unduly handicapped by fairness. Gryffindor has always meant never needing to say sorry.

And Minerva cheats too, as we saw when she bought Harry a special broom and got him made seeker against the rules.

But as we know, anything Gryffindor does is right (but only if you're Gryffindor).
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 10/5
Um, has anyone told Dumbledore about Pettigrew yet? Obviously not...

And no headlines in the Prophet about Sirius Black and 12 Muggles?

Yes, I can see things falling apart at Hogwarts like that.

But on the bright side, if Barty Jr. still thinks Snape is loyal, this could turn out well later.

I'm sure Lily has plenty to say, though...
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 10/5
Of course, Dumbledore might not want Snape to be able to talk to his Slytherins. After all, they might be worried about their parents, and the Headmaster probably wants them to sweat.
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 10/5
Right, I hope there's a house elf somewhere who can fix up something for a toddler to eat. (Dumbledore wanted to give the child a lemon sherbet? No choking hazard *there*, right?). Then again, Snape will make far fewer mistakes than the Headmaster will.
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 10/5
I think Snape needs to tell Dumbledore, though he will be sorely tempted to stay silent, that it was Pettigrew who was the traitor.

And Lily doesn't seem to remember what happened. Here's hoping *Snape* can stay out of prison, too.