Reviews for Reverse Psychology
Auna chapter 1 . 12/4/2014
This was very nice. :) I enjoyed reading it.
DragonOwl chapter 1 . 8/20/2014
Ooh wow! I love it, especially the part about the way his personality is just him playing a role and lying to himself and about the layers that he's hiding behind which Sophie removes. I haven't thought about it this way, and I especially love the finishing sentence too.
Anazarel chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
beautiful one-shot! did you mix book with movie?
lilyrose225 chapter 1 . 4/1/2014
(I should reread the books. I need to reread the books.)

You did an amazing job of mixing the two canons, which I appreciate. I read the book such a long time ago that the fresher thing in my mind is the movie, which I've only seen twice. And I don't think I ever really appreciated the book when I was younger, but that is neither here nor there.

I like how you've gone into Sophie's character from Howl's perspective. [Drawing from the movie,] I feel like we don't get as much of his thoughts and ideas, and instead more of Sophie because she's more easily accessible as a character-we, as the reader/viewer, rely on Sophie as our narrator because she is as new to Howl's world as we are. So to get behind Howl's masks and crack him open is a treat, where we can see what makes him tick and how he feels. Sophie is incredibly practical, which he picks up on here: she loses her fear and just lives once she's old, because what does she have to lose?

Nice summary-that and the last couple bits really twist the heart and bring a smile to my face.
ofsaltandsea chapter 1 . 11/3/2013
"Fate, Howl has learned, is not a path to follow but rather a river to seek." This sentence defines Howl perfectly. Actually, you've captured his voice rather perfectly in the entire fic. I enjoyed this exploration of Howl greatly, in part because your writing is so lyrical in parts. Also, the idea that Howl lives in this world of magic and still not have a happy ending is particularly striking here. Well done, this is an instant favorite.
Pieredae's Muse chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
I really enjoyed your insight into Howl's psyche and the progression of his feelings. Thanks for sharing this with us! Cheers-P
CodaEvermore chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
This is perfect! You captured Howl perfectly, and so beautifully, and it's amazing.
Aki no Ryu chapter 1 . 4/19/2013
That was lovely. .smiles. I love how you showed the story from Howl's perspective. I really liked the little bity of dialogue.
Auna chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
This is truly beautiful. I love it, you did very well. :)
Joker37 chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
Nice
manycolouredeyes chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
Oh I love this story very much!
MeatAngel chapter 1 . 1/27/2013