Reviews for The Blood of a Crimson Sky
XDTheWriterXD chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
Wow! I've only read one chapter of this story, and I'm already in love with it! You portray Skye's emotions and feelings perfectly - can't wait to read more! Definitely adding this story to my favourites!
xxDucky chapter 28 . 3/29/2013
I'm only on chapter 28 and I'm crying! D'x why'd mako have to die lol )':
Celinachanz chapter 22 . 3/6/2013
Love this fanfic! You're an amazing writer!
charliesunshine chapter 31 . 3/5/2013
wow this has been a fantastic story can't wait for the sequal, really good
2134567872313r45653231543214 chapter 30 . 3/4/2013
I've read all of the chapters and have loved the whole story! Can't wait for the sequel
charliesunshine chapter 30 . 3/4/2013
poor skye well great chapter and I can't wait for the sequal
Purplo9 chapter 30 . 3/4/2013
Love it,So excited whenever you bring out a new Chapter
Minerva1986 chapter 29 . 3/3/2013
Amazing finale :) And not unrealistic (well, since the Capitol is involved), I liked how she needed the mutts to win and I am very excited to read that you are going to continue the story. It really appears as if the gamemakers wanted Skye to win more than Tethys, was I just imagining things or are we going to find out why? I really like the main character and feel for her, hope there is some sort of happy ending for her after all!

Mina
mockingjay098 chapter 29 . 3/3/2013
Sweet
charliesunshine chapter 29 . 3/3/2013
yay she won although tethlys was my second favorite great chapter update soon
charliesunshine chapter 28 . 3/2/2013
no marco i'll miss him poor skye alone again, i like tethley's, if thats how you spell her name, and all but skye should just kill her, are you going to continue the story to a victory tour, that would be awsome, please update soon fantastic story
Radio Free Death chapter 2 . 3/1/2013
["I just woke up," I contest.]

Dialogue tags weaken the dialogue. It’s better to use ‘said’.

Reed's dose of confidence over asking what to do today isn't really the same. It would be one thing if he's implying that he can't do anything by himself and relies on others to tell him what to do, or like he's always asking for her input.

Other than that, it's a pretty standard reaping scene.
Radio Free Death chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
[10 o'clock on night]

AT night.

[my soft blue orbs]

Never describe eyes as orbs. It’s not only a cliché, it’s also wrong.

[his muscular build would've been perfect for the Hunger Games that he's since outgrown.]

If his sister’s build is the majority, why is he muscular? Starvation doesn’t make someone have muscles, considering to keep them, you would need to increase your food intake. Maybe he gets them from working.

It’s also not necessarily true that muscles will be perfect for the Games, not if he has no idea how to use his own strength.

[can lop off a limb]

Awkward. Just use ‘chop’ rather than ‘lop’.

The statement of ‘it’ll never be you because odds’ is starting to become a pretty boring cliché. Her chances might be small, but she can still be picked. For example, Prim was picked on her first try.

Selene and Omaha sound like interesting and tragic people.

I really hoped that the talk about a sibling winning because they’re smart or whatever isn’t always overshadowed by what it TAKES to win. Skye’s lauded as special before we get to even see her supposed smarts or fighting techniques and it seems that none of the characters connect the dots. To win means to kill children. Would Skye be able to kill children? Granted, she doesn’t have to kill all of them, but it would be nice if the characters actually confronted this as opposed to never discussing it or that such an option never exists.

And no, Skye, it’s not that they’re not special that they lost. They’re kids. It really feels as if this was like some contest where the brightest and the nicest and the most beautiful win as opposed to it being a deathmatch.

["Perseus, Pisces, Pegaus…" I start quoting constellations. We learn these things in school, but few besides me bother to remember them. ]

Why do they learn them in school? And if it’s really not that much of an incentive to learn, why teach it?

Overall: It doesn't start off with cliches, like waking up to find out its reaping day. Instead, it has a nice opening that has little to do with the Games (until they're brought up, but that's later) and there's some intros on family life and district life. It unfortunately has cliches when the Games are introduced, and Skye's brother trying to cheer her up by insisting that she has what it takes to win. Perhaps I'm jaded, because I've heard these excuses before that I can recite them in my sleep, but it would be nice to have characters who actually question what it takes to win, or even to refuse to play at all if Skye's family is so against them. Though they have yet to mention they are, so if they're all for it, then the conversation they have makes sense.

It's not a bad start. It's a bit rough around the edges and quickly delves into the typical seen in other stories.
charliesunshine chapter 27 . 3/1/2013
to bad they can't both win right so sad
Minerva1986 chapter 26 . 2/28/2013
Great chapter! Shame about Autumn though :/ It's good that Skye and Mako remain a team, even when it can only end in tragedy. Still, cannot see Skye offing Tethys, so it's a good thing there remain 2 careers to do the job. I would like Crystal to get her even though I don't like her, I just feel she deserves some kind of success, however twisted.