Reviews for Catalyst - TCW S3, Pre Ep 10 AU
bigtomato chapter 11 . 2/27
All i can think of is... Poor Rex...
ZabuzasGirl chapter 1 . 2/26
Update immediately, please!
Madame Mermaid chapter 14 . 1/26
Hello, again,

this is a short one, promise. And a funny one, or so I hope. My flatmate and I were watching "City of Bones" on our weekly movie night last Wednesday (short summary: I very much like the original book trilogy, due to its fastpaced plot, its witty sarcasm, and the character of Magnus Bane - and then the movie ruined it ALL (except Magnus), as I knew it would, and the only thing that rescued the evening was my own sarcasm - why did they have to make this into a flashy, loud, teenage-girl-movie?), and while most of the dialogue didn't come close to the books, there were one or two lines which managed to make me laugh tears. Here's two of them:

Clary (lyingin Jace arms, only half-conscious): "Is this the scene where you tear off slices of your shirt to bandage my wounds?"
Jace: "If you wanted to see me naked, you only had to ask."

(No guaranteed word-for-word accuracy, since I only saw the movie once, and in German.) I think you can see why this scene inevitably reminded me of this chapter. To me it was especially fun because of the self-irony hidden in that quote, reflecting and parodying the fact that that's how a lot of movies and books (and FFs) work, and that all of us readers / viewers / writers / directors might as well be honest with ourselves and say that we all enjoy a little eye-candy from time to time. So, yeah, to me it was a very amusing take on the all too obvious conventions of fiction.

Thus, I hope you share in the joke, and have a smile on your face now. :-)
Once again, all the best for the next few months,

Mylady Phoenix
jayma chapter 9 . 11/29/2013
Your descriptions are just absolutely captivating! I am just applauding at your work. So good! SO, SO GOOD!
jayma chapter 6 . 11/29/2013
This story is gold. I have so many Rexsoka feels right now, I can't even!
jayma chapter 1 . 11/29/2013
I've been meaning to read this and I'm so glad I finally have the time (and attention span) to do so! Lovely first chapter!
Nuritxu chapter 1 . 9/11/2013
Does this fic is the prequel or the sequel?
impoeia chapter 15 . 3/9/2013
Okay, it's official. Now I absolutely have to read "Journey of Revolution".

This is a very powerful and provocative ending and I do mean that in every sense of the word. I can only imagine the amount of vulnerability and insecurity that Ahsoka was going through in those moments after the mission. Having the men she normally considers her friends and subordinates look at her in a similar manner as what she has gotten in the Catalyst must be both disorienting and frightening. Particularly because prior to this, she was used to nothing but respect, to herself for her skills, her status as a Jedi and as a Commander. I think Rex's prior thoughts were right, she was probably looking for a friend to talk things over.

Oh dear, this is not a happy ending, exactly is it? I can only imagine the "misunderstanding" that is going to come after this and what it means for their relationship, particularly now that they are back in the GAR and have to reenact the relationship they had before this mission.

Nevertheless, a perfect ending to this story that makes the reader feel for the characters and makes them burn to read the next story. A really, really wonderful story. I'm sad it has come to an end.
Snootiegirl99 chapter 15 . 3/8/2013
Bravo! Exquisite torture indeed. I guess they felt safe enough back on Resolute to finally let down their guard completely.

Can't wait for Sunday or the re-writes. Yay!

My new favorite phrase is 'tumescent agony'. I wonder how I can start using it in conversations . . . LOL
Taren Hawk chapter 15 . 3/7/2013
A quick question, what is "AFF"? Where the full chapter is? I'm either totally missing a conection, or havn't heard of it. I can't find it on your profile either.
Thank you for writing this story, loved every word of it.
Taren
LongLiveTheClones chapter 15 . 3/7/2013
Oh wow. Can't believe this is over. Catalyst has been the best part of every week for me. Sigh.

But, this was another intense and amazing chapter.

"Halt! State your business!"

"Stand down," he ordered, dropping his arms and squinting into the light, letting his brothers see him. "And point that light elsewhere!"

Loved this beginning, with the misunderstanding between the clones and the Captain. It is so easy to picture the shock and the confusion as the clones suddenly recognize their Captain. And, even better, their absolute shock when they recognize...

"Who's that with you, sir; she's quite-"

"I'd stop there, Trooper."

Ha ha. Such a great line.

There were a lot of great one-liners in this. Such as this one: "It's about the mission, Rex; it's important. Will... will you come?"

Will he come? Uh...

The love scene was so intense, without being explicit. Loved the sheer power and intensity of it and the way it implied that it was an overwhelming rather than a shared experience. Such an interesting approach.

He let her get no word in edgewise, allowed no escape, no room for thought; no chance to finish what she'd deemed she needed to say. Deliberately silencing her, Rex took from her what he wanted; needed.

Perfect set-up for the misunderstandings that come later in emjalen's fic. After a moment of mutual glory. Great line. Wow.
Jadedsnowtiger chapter 15 . 3/7/2013
To perfect.
CaptainRexLover chapter 15 . 3/7/2013
I like this story, you did very well
Crossroad Avarice chapter 15 . 3/7/2013
Aww...it's over. *opera clap* Bravo, bravo! It ended on a bittersweet note - that they got what they wanted then, but there's still the consequences to deal with. :/ Still, this was awesome! :D
Taren Hawk chapter 14 . 3/7/2013
Really enjoying the story, how much more is there to go?
All throughout the story I was feeling bad for por Rexy, watching yet not being able to touch. I do hope that something... wonderful happens beofre it ends. These two are adorable and you write them very well. Looking forward to more.
Taren