Reviews for Catalyst - TCW S3, Pre Ep 10 AU
impoeia chapter 14 . 3/4/2013
The firefight and escape was quite exciting. I liked how you didn't make it too easy for Rex and Ahsoka to escape. that would just not have fit into the story, and would not have been fair to their skill level. This scenario felt much more plausible and I'm glad Rex finally got the chance to vent some energy. I really thought he would explode during the lap dance. Poor man.

The slip back into the familiar addresses of "sir" and such, does not leave me with much hopes for a happy ending. But then, I guess coming back from a mission like this and then being expected to go back to the way things were before is both disturbing and slightly too easy. I can see a great struggle ahead for these two and not only does it make me excited to read the next chapter, but I am also definitely going to start on "Journey of Revolution" when this is done. I just need to know, because you have built up the suspense and the potential so much and so well in this story.
RukiaRenji4ever chapter 14 . 3/3/2013
Huh?
LongLiveTheClones chapter 14 . 3/3/2013
Totally blown away by this chapter. Loved Rex's jealous possession in the beginning- the way he gripped the chair until he ripped it and then didn't realize he was gripping that piece until he'd left the room. The tension throughout the scene is so real and visceral.

The chase scene is fantastic. There is just as much sexual tension going on as there is tension in wondering whether Rex and Ahsoka are actually going to get away from their pursuers. I absolutely loved the bandaging scene where Rex is so concerned with stemming the bleeding, (an adorable, tender caring moment on his part), and Ahsoka is just: "Gah. He's got his shirt off..."

Loved the way that they were able to recognize the sound of the Resolute's engines even when it was up high in the atmosphere. There is something so cool about the fact that they know their ship so well that this sound is so familiar to them. I just loved this small detail.

And, somehow, it just added to all the tension that at the end of all of this, Rex and Ahsoka never did get to consumate all of the tension they had going between them. They were soooooooo close on so many occasions but it never happened for them.

I went back last night and re-read the original story that inspired this one and I'd forgotten it had such a grim and unhappy ending with Rex killing Ahsoka. Are you going to stick with that storyline, or go off and have your own alternate ending for the couple at this point? Just curious.

Loved Ahsoka's shock at seeing the men of Torrent compared to the way she has been used to seeing Rex. (And, I imagine they were very shocked when they saw their commander. I can just bet they were all ogling her behind their buckets...)

I am curious: What do you mean by this last line? As it was, she wasn't prepared when, moments later, they were surrounded by familiar figures, blasters at the ready, and challenged.

Do you mean that the men from the bar caught up with them and were stupid enough to try to take on the men from Torrent?
impoeia chapter 13 . 3/3/2013
I can quite honestly say: "Poor Rex". That man can just not catch a break. Although I suppose it is for the better that they not get it on this close to the finish line. Would be awkward.

I love the imagery here, the idea of a "fluid fantasy". I think that really captures Ahsoka in a situation like this. Here fighting style very much reflects water flowing and I suppose that would translate into her dancing. Also, it is just a very appropriate image to the entire situation. The same goes for Rex describing himself as both protector and lover. That really hits the nail on the head and also illustrates his inherent dilemma when it comes to his attraction to Ahsoka. I'm glad you brought in the word "teen" as well. I think it's really important that you don't let people forget just how young she actually still is.
MelHell chapter 13 . 3/2/2013
The whole thing is a bit incongruous, but I totally loved it!
I can't believe they manage to stand that much sexual tention, even more considering how HOT the all possessive in tight black leather Rex must be xD.
I admire their self controls, but they should let go, they want eachother so bad and they'll have so few occasions... I hope they will...please? :D
Can't wait for the next chapter!
Jadedsnowtiger chapter 13 . 2/28/2013
wow... Poor Rex has great control..
LongLiveTheClones chapter 13 . 2/27/2013
"Dance for me."

That was a heck of a dance. My head is still spinning from reading it. It was.. perfect. Love how they got so close and then were interrupted. Pure delight.

"Slide back and turn away."

Ha ha. Such a Rex thing to say. Practical to the last, even about a thing like.. uh... that.

And, it was just lovely that he'd left her a gift. Somehow found time to purchase her a gift. An adornment. Great chapter. Can't wait to see what happens next with the big confrontation with the Seppie...
Snootiegirl99 chapter 12 . 2/24/2013
Forgot I wanted to comment on this:

"Leaping to her feet, she faced off with him. "Do you think I want him to? Do you think I want the first time someone… someone touches me like that to be a stranger? A Separatist spy? I… What else can I do, Rex? Tell me; tell me how else I can accomplish this mission and I'll do it"

So Rex is going to have to wrestle between his honor and his-in my opinion misplaced-need to protect Ahsoka's honor from himself AND the idea of Ahsoka's first sexual experiences being with some sleamo in a public bar. Frankly, I think that's more dishonorable.

It's true that Obi-Wan shouldn't have ever asked Ahsoka to go undercover for an assignment like this. Aayla is one thing-she's a Knight and an adult.

But given that the situation is fait accompli, Rex needs to decide if he wants to allow Ahsoka to have dirty, tainted first experiences just 'for the mission' or if he wants to show her caring, real intimacy, and a sexual encounter that focuses on her as much as him. The owner of the Catalyst isn't going to spend any time considering what would make Ahsoka happy. Duh.

Rex wants to protect Ahsoka. By denying their feelings and closeness, he is hurting her. By denying her physical comfort and contact, he is hurting her. By sticking to his 'code of honor' and thinking only of the mission, his is HURTING HER.

After all, Rex, it's only sex to the Seppie. But to Ahsoka it's much, much more.
impoeia chapter 12 . 2/24/2013
This chapter was very sweet, particularly with Rex being Ahsoka's guard against nightmares. It was nice to see this softer side of Rex, him being gentle with teh sleeping Ahsoka. That's not a side we get to see often and this mission hasn't given him a whole lot of chance.

Things are coming to a head and I can't wait to see what happens next. I am a horrible sucker for a happy ending, but from what I have read so far, it seems that the end will be more rocky than happy. I just can't imagine how this is going to work out once these two are back on the Resolute. I guess I just have to keep reading and find out. I can't wait.
RukiaRenji4ever chapter 12 . 2/24/2013
AWESOME XD
LongLiveTheClones chapter 12 . 2/24/2013
So much to love about this chapter. Rex seems so human and vulnerable in the beginning when he wakes up somewhat hungover and has to pee. And, then he ends up comforting Ahsoka from her nightmare. But, I think my favorite part of this chapter was when Ahsoka realized that Rex had continued to hold her hand even when she'd pulled her hand away. Such a simple action and it spoke volumes about how the tide in their relationship had changed. It feels like everything in the story is spiraling to a big conclusion and I don't want it to end because I just adore this story!
impoeia chapter 11 . 2/22/2013
Wow, Rex displays quite the dark side in this fic, although I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The man is wound up so tightly from so many things - stress, unfulfilled desire, anger, little sleep, alcohol - he's bound to be a little more aggressive than usual. Not to mention that aggression and acts of brutality, while not necessarily in Rex's character, are an essential job of his profession. And he's trying to protect Ahsoka while practically selling her to a bunch of very mean men. Somehow, that calls up an entire cookbook of recipes for disaster.

That little bit of smexiness between Ahsoka and Rex was quite well done, perfect for the scene and Ahsoka's realization that she loves Rex, coupled with her physical reactions to him made for a heady cocktail. Poor kid, that's a lot to work through.

Rex's point of view after that was very enlightening, not just as to his character, but also to how close to the edge this mission has already bushed him. I feel a break coming very soon and I am dying to see how it will play it, as well as how they will navigate the changed parameters of their relationship. Because quite frankly, nothing can be the same again after this.
RukiaRenji4ever chapter 11 . 2/22/2013
Snootiegirl99 chapter 11 . 2/21/2013
Oh, my goodness! You write angst like nobody's business. They are wound so tight. The teasing is just unmercifully, oh author.

Is there any possibility for a happy ending to our tale?

Thanks for the magical ride. Can't wait for Sunday!
impoeia chapter 10 . 2/18/2013
Zidel being given more depth and breadth of character is a nice move. She is an interesting addition to the story, as she is a possible 'mentor' of sorts for Ahsoka as to how this world of dancers and hustlers works. I am torn between disliking her and pitying her. She is obviously an experienced woman, but probably fears what will become of her when her 'time has come'.

And of course, she is a catalyst in her own right. She has, after all, just wrestled a definition of love from Ahsoka that very much mirrors her relationship with Rex even before this mission.

I am curious to see what future role Zidel might play and how the introduction of the target changes the dynamics of the mission, since Rex and Ahsoka appear to have fallen into a routine of sorts.
61 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »