Reviews for Catalyst - TCW S3, Pre Ep 10 AU
impoeia chapter 9 . 2/18/2013
My suspicions were confirmed. Rex is in lot of trouble. Poor guy, though I am wowed by his ability at self-control to watch Ahsoka sleep and walk away. The fact that he would put his honor and Ahsoka's before his desires is very much Rex and you captured his struggles so well. Really, the character portrayal in this fic are amazing.

The scene at the beginning of the chapter was very sweet. The two of them finding comfort in each other was very heart-warming and a good reminder that there is more to their relationship that frustrated sexual desire. I'm glad you included the scene in this chapter. It adds real dimension to Rex's and Ahsoka' relationship and how they view each other.
impoeia chapter 8 . 2/18/2013
Oh dear, Rex, I believe, is in so much trouble at this point. Jealousy does interesting things to a person. I like your inclusion of Zidel in the story. She's an interesting character, perfect for the place and I think it's only fair that Ahsoka gets a taste of what Rex is going through. Adds more spice and danger to the whole situation, not that it was lacking any of that in the first place.
impoeia chapter 7 . 2/18/2013
Poor Ahsoka, I can only imagine what it would be like to be thrown in the deep end, without actually knowing the mechanics. Or rather, without knowing the reason behind the mechanics. Yes, giving her a so called "Sex Ed" class for Togruta would probably not have occurred to the Council until she was older. The fact that she has to find these things out via Rex and the HoloNet must have been harrowing and you described that perfectly. There is nothing scarier that your body suddenly doing something you weren't expecting and not knowing the reason behind them. I think you managed to really get into the mind of a developing teenager, whose struggling with that very hard border life of not being a girl or a woman just yet.
impoeia chapter 6 . 2/18/2013
I think that you really managed to integrate Ahsoka's Jedi perceptions in this chapter and how that would affect her during the mission. Being able to sense other people's emotions and thoughts might sound wonderful, but in an atmosphere like the Catalyst, that must be absolutely overwhelming. Particularly when you are still as young as Ahsoka is.

Rex's response to the situation was classic and very well done. The man can think on his feet.

I think the sentence that stuck out most to me was "she wouldn't suffer his soldier's brutality". That struck a very deep chord in me and perfectly lays bare Rex's struggles with his desires, his instincts both as a man, a soldier, a friend and a protector.
impoeia chapter 5 . 2/18/2013
Wow, poor Rex, he really can't catch a break. Trust Ahsoka to barge in at the most unfortunate moment with her concern for him. I really feel for the guy.

The kiss was very nicely done, just the right mixture of teenage awkwardness and insecurity, sweetness and burning desire. I think that is a first kiss we can all hope for.

Rex's grasp of the unfairness and the dirty nature of the business he is in is really realistic. The fact that the Order and Republic Intelligence would force a teenager into this situation for the 'greater good' really is despicable. But that's the Republic for you. I can see how Rex's devotion for Ahsoka is starting to undermine his loyalty to the Republic. If he can see the unfairness of this mission, then he is seriously starting to question what he has been taught on Kamino, even if he might not be aware of it. The fact that he loves and desires Ahsoka for more than her body was a perfect fit for this scene and shows the depth of his emotions. Yes, he is attracted to her, but he loves more than her body and that is something that defines love, above and beyond lust.

Also, Rex makes an awesome bad guy. Killing the Devaronian, that was very smooth.
Knifeinthedarkness chapter 10 . 2/17/2013
ohhhhh... someone struck a nerve :P
impoeia chapter 4 . 2/17/2013
Oh my, Rex I believe, is in a lot of trouble. The sleeping mind can do naughty things to us and I liked the little bedroom scene you started the chapter with. And I thought that "caught in a sensual nightmare that was both torture and fantasy" is one of the best sentences I have ever read. Not only does it sum up Rex's 'predicament', it also gives you insight into his emotional and psychological being. This is a man who is really struggling with his various desires. He wants to protect Ahsoka, wants to respect her, wants to be her friend. She is his Commander, a Jedi, his partner and he really, really wants to hop into bed with her. Poor, poor guy.

I thought the juxtaposition between Ahsoka's feelings earlier on and later after her audition was wonderfully done. You managed to capture both her confidence in her desires, but also the fear she harbors and her insecurities. Ahsoka is just a teenager in this and you really managed to capture the emotional struggle that brings along. The sudden dose of reality she gets after her perfomance demonstrates that not only is she old enough to appreciate the seriousness of this assignment, but she is also young enough to want to be protected from what she is about to go through. Really, wonderfully realistically written.
impoeia chapter 3 . 2/17/2013
I like the way you captured Rex in this chapter. His troubles with understanding the rules and way of life that governs the unnamed city is quite authentic. It makes sense that a man like Rex, born and raised according to the highest of moral standards and a fierce believer in the code of honor, would have no context by which to explain this city. This is very much out of his experience, just like the rest of the mission.

Speaking of which, did you integrate elements from you Captain and Commander series into this chapter? I thought I recognized some of the dressing scene and I must admit, well done. The awkwardness and attraction of these scenes really fit into the development of the story and were quite fun to read. The contrast between Rex's and Ahsoka's reactions to seeing each other in their respective costume's was quite instructive. There is a definite attraction between the two that both are aware of, but you get the sense that Rex's attraction and ideas (fantasies) are more mature than Ahsoka's.

I thought he was in real trouble there when he volunteered to be Ahsoka's test subject, but I like the way you handled the scene. Letting Rex think of this like battle tactics was very in-character for him. Business like as usual, our Captain Rex, always trying to put the mission and the well-being of others before his own needs. You can really see him struggle, the poor guy and the descriptions were very vivid.
impoeia chapter 2 . 2/17/2013
I really think that "mortified beyond belief" sums up this chapter quite well. I could practically see Obi-wan squirming in discomfort. Now that is not a man I would expect to enjoy such a mission debriefing.

Poor Ahsoka and Rex, I can already see that this will very much not be easy on them. But I like how you managed to capture Rex's protective streak, as well as the little blush scene. That had me smiling.

Ahsoka's confusion and embarrassment about this assignment is very well done. Since she is still in her youngling clothes, she is still quite young and this type of 'mission' would play haywire with her hormones. You can really see how she is beginning to grow up, to become aware of herself as a woman and her body. This is going to be quite intense, isn't it?
impoeia chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
I really like the sentence: "..partners watched each others back. Friends eliminated the dangers before it got to there in the first place." I think that very well summarizes the relationship between Ahsoka and Rex as of now.

I can see where this is going, what with 'lap dance' and 'pole dance' being thrown into the conversation, but I am curious as to how this will progress. It would seem you got me hooked on another one of your stories.
Snootiegirl99 chapter 9 . 2/15/2013
So torturous, in such a wonderful way. Poor honorable Rex.

Kudos to you!
Snootiegirl99 chapter 8 . 2/14/2013
It's Thursday! Update! Update! Update!

Please and thank you.
starwarsfan2296 chapter 6 . 2/11/2013
you do realize that mission: Day Three: part 2 and Day four part 2 are the same thing right?
LongLiveTheClones chapter 8 . 2/10/2013
Ha ha! A new chapter! You know how to make this girl happy!

Rex handled that scene in the office beautifully. He is still so bad ass and Han Solo-ish in this piece. I absolutely love it. Although, I get the feeling that this Ryhn fellow is not to be trifled with and is going to be turn out to be more dangerous than they had anticipated, especially now that he is getting obsessed with Ahsoka. This does not bode well and adds an extra element of danger.

I think I was as outraged as Ahsoka when that other dancer started doing her lap dance on Rex. I can see how he was tempted as she started dipping her hands into his leather pants, but glad that he started coming to his senses. I was delighted that Ahsoka force pushed her off of there. Go Ahsoka!

This was a great quote: "Only a fool trades a taste of good whisky for that of cheap ale."

Love that Rex shot another two guys for "wanting" Ahsoka. There is just a pile of them accumulating on the floor at this point. He's so tough and bad and pulling this off so well.

Why did Ahsoka bite Rex on the knee? Was she mad at him or was this part of her act in front of Rhyn?
LongLiveTheClones chapter 7 . 2/8/2013
More. More. Can't get enough of this story. All FFN stories should be this good.

"Ahsoka; look at me."

I love these dialogue sequences between Rex and Ahsoka because I can just hear his voice in my head as I read the words.

This struck me as particularly funny, although I can't imagine when or where Rex would go swimming: "I won't dissolve," he assured her, still at a loss, "and you know I like to swim."

The little vignettte where Rex tries to get Ahsoka out of his mind and everything reminds him of her is particularly hilarious.

His thoughts turned towards the playoffs and Ahsoka's eager expression sprang to mind as she'd leaned forward to help shave his-

It took me a moment for me to figure out why it was you cut off the last word. Ah. I get it now.

Duh. Gheesh. I'm slow.

Hee hee.

Rex is wise to leave only an hour between his "nap" and the time they need to leave for the cantina. He is now allowing himself time to be tempted knowing how much he desires Ahsoka. There is so much tension between them right now. Of course, he comes out of the bedroom and the first thing she does is practice lap dances on him. Ha ha. Poor guy. Its a wonder he doesn't shatter.
61 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »