Reviews for Catalyst - TCW S3, Pre Ep 10 AU
spikala chapter 7 . 2/7/2013
Wow. Wasn't expecting Ahsoka's reaction when Rex told her that he'd been researching, but you did a great job with it.

It was so very cute and Ahsoka-ish how she blamed herself for last night’s incident.
Love the awkwardness and Rex’s reaction: "I- what?" – I was snickering away at that line, just imagining Rex’s face!

Rex’s thoughts as he was trying (in vain!) to take a nap resulted in a snicker almost every second line:

“He groaned softly as the natural physical reaction to those thoughts manifested itself”

I thought it was really sweet and a great way to show just how much Ahsoka means to him when Rex tries to think of mundane thoughts and keeps bringing it back to ‘Soka – he’s got it bad [grins]

“Rex choked, realizing that cleaning his decee probably wasn't the image he needed right in that moment.” –Bwa hah hah!

“Rex stared at the ceiling for a long moment, wondering if the Force was torturing him for lusting after one of its agents.” – I just had a massive grin on my face, ear to ear, when I read this. Just *love* this line!

And Ahsoka’s business-like showcasing of new lapdance moves… as much I enjoy the image of poor Rex sitting there, struggling with his control and his biceps twitching, I can’t help but worry about what might happen if this goes on much longer.

Great chapter! Really enjoyed reading it and look forward to the next installment.
Jadedsnowtiger chapter 6 . 2/4/2013
... poor Rex, I love this idea of mating for Torgutan mating- I''ve even used it in my own writing... Its perfect!
LongLiveTheClones chapter 6 . 2/3/2013
Gah. This chapter was breathtaking. Absolutely lovvvvvvve this story. So happy when there is an update.

Busy on your back.

Wow. This sure has been an education for Ahsoka.

Two dozen. Rex… Rex I'm sorry!

If only she'd not danced so well, maybe they'd have left him alone?

And, then she feels guilty for dancing TOO well! And, then it happens again when she does the pole dance... The description of the pole dance was very well done. You have a talent for describing these dances. It is no wonder the crowd went crazy. If she danced half as well as you described it here, she would have driven anyone mad! Just loved Rex's rescue and his inspired "biting" to show dominance.

Bringing in the Togrutan ritual of dominance rackets up the tension a notch, and it is totally in character for Rex to decide to do some "research" to figure out what this whole biting thing is all about.

Mating ritual.

Ah, Rexie. You are in it for it now.
Snootiegirl99 chapter 5 . 2/3/2013
Geez, Ahsoka, give a guy a little privacy, will ya? LOL

Great story. Can't wait for the next update.
LongLiveTheClones chapter 5 . 1/31/2013
Kriffin' awesome. Can't tell you how much I loved the scene where Rex shot the guy. This is such bad boy Rex and it totally suits him. Absolutely just like the cantina scene in the original Star Wars with Rex coming off as a bad boy Han Solo and it it totally working for him. He falls into the role of the bad boy way too easily and it is... awesome. I need to read this chapter another three or four times.

I absolutely love how he needed to "take things into his own hands" and then when he did... moan...

"Rex? Rex are you okay?"

And, rather than being angry, he is actually pleased because she is concerned about him. I found that so endearing. Granted it left him so... uh... unfulfilled that he could barely fit into his... uh... uniform, but still... endearing.

The tension by the end of the chapter was just phenomenal.

He'd never wanted anyone more, and not just because he could see the charms her role forced her to portray. He knew the beauty of her heart, the selflessness of her soul; he knew her better than anyone... And he lusted to have her, hold her, be with her, just once.

Love the way everything is just building up with this story. And, the image of him slouching in the chair: Slouching in the chair was as unnatural as it was necessary; his pants were three sizes too small...

Three sizes too small. Wow. I would think Ahsoka would want to call off the mission right then and there... Gah. Best story on the TCW boards. Loving it.
LongLiveTheClones chapter 4 . 1/27/2013
The opening part where Ahsoka is on top of Rex is... priceless. The two of them being entangled in bed together sets up such a stage of sexual tension between them. It does wonders for the rest of the scene.

And, then the description of the lap dance is... whoa. I think anybody would be bursting after reading that description. It was really well done.

Just loving this story. And, the chapter ended on such a sweet note with Ahsoka wrapped in Rex's leather coat and going off into slumber wrapped in his scent. It's a very nice image, really.
LongLiveTheClones chapter 3 . 1/27/2013
Eeh gads. This story is sheer brilliance.

My jaw was agape was I was reading this... I don't think I could think of a more perfect story... from the trying on of the outfits to the practicing of the dancing... oh my... this was... oh wow...

Rex looked… smoking hot.

Ha ha... yes.

"Nu draar!" His harsh use of Mando'a drew her back around in surprise as he shot to his feet. "You're not going out there to-" he barely caught himself in time from saying something he shouldn't, somehow keeping his tone even, "-blow our cover while you try and get experience."

That was like the sexiest thing ever... Rex shouting out in Mando'a like that. Seriously.

And, then, when Ahsoka tried to do the lap dance on him? I think I laughed until I turned myself blue at the thought of how blue... ah... never mind. Anyway. Great chapter.
Jedi Ani Unduli chapter 3 . 1/24/2013
*snicker* Rexster's not gonna last...

Ani
Lionheart Rising chapter 3 . 1/24/2013
Oh, poor Rex. Torture for any healthy, red blooded man.

Best line was undoubtedly: "Ahsoka's Master, of all people, had apparently told her that when lying, it was always better to add a touch of the truth to help keep it real."
I snickered majorly at the thought of Anakin imparting that lesson.
Great chapter!
-Dryad
Snootiegirl99 chapter 3 . 1/24/2013
Super fun! Keep it going. :)
Lionheart Rising chapter 2 . 1/20/2013
"Journey of Revolution" is one of my favorite fics, despite the way emjalen broke my heart with the last chapter. Scratch that, actually. Brutally cut it out and stomped on it repeatedly with nail-studded boots and beautiful writing. It's awesome to read the prequel to everything that happened, and "Catalyst" is quite an enjoyable read. I love any and all forms of Rexoka, and this is no exception.
Keep it up!
-Dryad
Homework Hurts Trees chapter 2 . 1/20/2013
Ahsoka's right: Anakin is going to go ballistic. This is looking to be promising, I hope you can get into a regular updating pattern to quell my curiosity!
Jadedsnowtiger chapter 2 . 1/18/2013
please continue!
Don't Be Such A Sour-Wolf chapter 2 . 1/18/2013
Wow, I don't think I've ever been so excited for a fic! I love the premise of this story. You've nailed all the characters. I feel so bad for Ahsoka, being pressured into all this. Anakin is going to lynch Obi-Wan when he's conscious, which I cannot wait to see. And I can't wait to see this blossoming relationship between Rex and Ahsoka. Update soon please
spikala chapter 2 . 1/18/2013
Obi-Wan… hypocrite! So you’re happy to get a padawan to pretend to be burlesque dancer, but you are uncomfortable with her researching the role? [crosses arms and frowns at Kenobi] Perhaps time to rethink the choice of personnel… I totally agree with Ahsoka that Skywalker would’ve gone ballistic.

I think you did a great job explaining the different dances and creating a very clear visual of what ought to be happening, all without falling out of character. Love how Ahsoka and Rex are both getting a bit flustered when they think of themselves in the same context!

Rex’s reaction to the lap dance, "No kriffing way.", so cute! And just how his expression was completely closed off—I can only imagine what might be going on in his head! And his promises to shoot anyone who doesn’t take no for an answer are just adorable.

Ahsoka’s reaction to Rex’s blush… [grins] I shouldn’t enjoy Rex’s discomfort as much as I am, but I can’t help it!

"One of us mortified beyond belief will be enough."—great line!

It’s very interesting how you’ve set up the sexual tension: Ahsoka being attracted to Rex but thinking it isn’t reciprocated when clearly (for the readers anyway) it *is*. I can’t wait to see how this plays out.

Great chapter and I’m looking forward to seeing what happens next.
61 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »