Reviews for A Young Radical's Guide to Love
Guest chapter 3 . 3/17/2014
This story is great! It's so difficult to find a story about the ministry and yours is definitely perfect, well done
loleo chapter 5 . 10/21/2013
Oh, I had so much to laugh and grin. A very subtile and very loveable storyline. Thank you.
Carling chapter 5 . 10/12/2013
That was amazing. There was humor. There were some very profound statements made. And there was the HP universe brought to life in an exciting but recognizable form. The romance was lovely.
Madam Hearty chapter 5 . 10/3/2013
Excellently written, and I really liked the plot too.
The political plotting seemed very inspired by West Wing/similar shows, but in a good way. It's worth the read!
bubblyfizz08 chapter 1 . 9/7/2013
Love love love it so far! It's so very easy to separate the good from the mediocre writers in this site, and after just reading your first chapter, I am so happy that I found this story!
harrytwifan chapter 5 . 8/11/2013
Sorry for not reviewing every chapter. I was so caught up in the story, I couldn't make myself stop! Wonderful story. So well-written, and so believable. Percy's characterization was inspired. Thank you so much for such an intelligent and warm (the friendships were beautiful) story.
Nancy
Lori94 chapter 5 . 8/11/2013
Fabulous story! Loved every minute and wished for more! An epi would've been nice to show Draco's friends reuniting with him and each other.
Guest chapter 5 . 8/11/2013
What a wonderful story you've written!
The perfect mix of mistery, subtle humor, a bit of angst, pity for the grief of lost siblings.
Well written, well plotted, not a minute of bore in reading. A very good job! Lyrael
Diddleymaz chapter 5 . 7/13/2013
Exciting plot, great fun and very romantic
Androktasia chapter 5 . 7/4/2013
I have to say this, having spent the last two days relentlessly ploughing my way through your back catalogue of work; it is easily some of the best on this site. I think a couple of years ago I read For the Public Good, got distracted, perhaps turned my computer off, and promptly forgot its name and yours and so was unable to find it again. By a happy coincidence, I more recently discovered Little Red Courgette, thought it was brilliant, and found myself on For the Public Good feeling a distinct sense of deja vu.
Anyway, I love the political edge to this story, it feels like a modern-Harry-Potter-ised version of Yes Minister; a political satire which is a delight to behold. You have a distinct style that sets you apart from most writers, which I love, and I'm not sure if you engage with the press for a living, but your description of the process just works perfectly! I cannot understand how you don't get more credit, perhaps it's because the majority of the reader traffic on here is from America and their vastly different political system makes ours (I assume you're British, sorry if that isn't the case) seem a lot more confusing and old fashioned, perhaps, and they possibly don't understand the little in-jokes (I'm thinking both Courgette and Public Good here) (scratch that, the latter's in-jokes are not little, they're virtually incomprehensible to anyone who hasn't lived through it).
Your description of the Harry Draco relationship is lovely too; I particularly enjoy the distinct lack of disgust from their friends and the press; there's enough prejudice in the world for it to be a relief to not have to deal with it in fiction. Romanticised, perhaps, but in a wonderful way.
Other than that, I just want to express how thoroughly I have enjoyed your stories, and that I will be looking out for any further posts with eagerness.
Thank you, sincerely. Keep writing, the world needs more like you!
Flame Ride chapter 5 . 4/21/2013
Okay, m not exactly a supporter of Drarry, but this entire story was brilliantly set up and carried out, and I really enjoyed reading it. :D
Reading a story about what happens after is a lot of fun, but most especially when it's still realistic to the characters' personalities. And I rather enjoy seeing Harry come into the political game and take charge for a bit.
Crikeywhathappened chapter 5 . 2/25/2013
THAT. WAS. AWESOME! Loved every word :)
Cherry20052 chapter 5 . 1/30/2013
Loved this story! I hope you write an epilogue showing how Percy is doing and how Draco and Harry have settled.
Obscene Cupcake chapter 5 . 1/27/2013
Beautiful story. Weasley is so much like people I know, especially online. They don't hear their voice but people are drawn to the fanaticism.
Obscene Cupcake chapter 4 . 1/27/2013
omfg (this is bluetaffy btw)