Reviews for On Wings of Silver and Lead
LadyZelthePen chapter 30 . 11/27/2013
Finally got around to finishing this, and I have to say your story has blown me away. I love how you've incorporated all the different characters in an easy manner, and also marking the changes that define them.

Garrett's part of the story still leaves me puzzled; he's shaping into a model Jedi, much like those seen on screen (except in the case of Skywalker), but there isn't much description on the trials that have led him there. For him to be on Geonosis was also interesting- the event had quite an impact on him, leaving many tough questions no one has the right answer to.

Ro has become quite the adventurous young woman. I look forward to reading more about her education with Shiv and Eda, and even more about where her path will lead her. I really enjoy her warm personality, and her ability to make light of a situation that would otherwise bring people down.

And Wren... his story is by far the most complex and heartbreaking. I have enjoyed reading his parts, but I have to wonder what will become of him in the future.

Overall, you've got me hooked on your writing, and I am eager to begin the next chapter. ;)

LadyZel
zipitnow chapter 30 . 11/3/2013
Love the story line, keeps everyone wanting more, thanks for giving all the characters so much life!
LadyZelthePen chapter 21 . 8/26/2013
Awww...poor Garrett. I can really feel for him here- having four younger siblings of my own, its a scary thought to comprehend when the younger one has moved on. I really enjoyed getting into his thoughts- he has every right to be the slightest bit jealous of Ro; she's found her path, and he seems to be drowning in the rules of the Jedi. And, am I to understand he had a slight affair on Correllia?

Wonderful chapter! :)
LadyZelthePen chapter 20 . 8/20/2013
Wow! I can really feel Ro's frustration with the system she's stuck in. I'm glad she found help in Master Altis... Hopefully she'll find the hope she's searching for, along with a greater sense of purpose.
LadyZelthePen chapter 19 . 8/20/2013
Yay Wrench! It's a great thing to see him accomplish something on his own- although I fear him pushing the others away will have serious repercussions later. Still, he's a very determined young man, and this little triumph is a big step for him. :)
LadyZelthePen chapter 18 . 8/20/2013
Aw, poor Wrench... I really liked the training sim here- it was vivid and detailed, so easy to follow. He really is showing more and more of the man he's going to be; not sitting and waiting for the rest of the alpha's to show up was a nice touch. They are brothers, so he feels compelled to help them out of a bind. Too bad Fett doesn't see it that way...

Awesome chapter! :)
LadyZelthePen chapter 17 . 7/2/2013
Oh wow! I can really relate with Ro during her first crush. Poor her... Tanib just wasn't interested in that way. Things really spiraled out of control- thankfully Adriav was there to ease the situation! I sure hope Tanib is okay...

Awesome chapter!
LadyZelthePen chapter 16 . 6/24/2013
Oh my goodness... Wrench is really becoming an interesting character. I love how he's latched onto the idea of blind orders; he's not going to let himself be controlled by them. I was cheering him on through this whole chapter; awesome job! :D
LadyZelthePen chapter 15 . 6/24/2013
It's been way too long since I've read this story, and its great to come back and catch up again.

This was a wonderful glimpse into Ro's life- she's really maturing, and she handles becoming apprenticed really well. I really like Sarika; she seems like the model Jedi Knight, and I think having Ro work with her will be a really good thing. :) They may not agree on everything, but I have feeling they're both going to be teaching each other some important lessons ahead.

Awesome chapter!
laloga chapter 30 . 5/13/2013
Sigh. I'm sad it's over, but I'm comforted by the knowledge that the sequel is up and running. :)

Wonderful note to end on! I was blown away by your descriptions of the ship; they were detailed and clear without being too jargon-y, and just really well-written. Love the rogue feel to the vessel as well, how she's an amalgamation of many different kinds of ships rather than one specific class. It was clear that Shiv put a lot of time and work into her, and was a delight to read.

Great job, also, tying in the ship with Ro - how she's also a misfit - and showing how the two of them will be able to accomplish some great things in the galaxy. I was sad to read that her conversation with Garett didn't go well, but times are hard right now, and a falling-out was probably inevitable. I hope they can patch things up, somewhere down the road.

Love Shiv's humor, especially with the ship's name. :P

This has been a wonderful story. Your characters breathe and stay with me long after I finish reading each chapter. I'm so excited to read what's in store for them, next. :)

Amazing work! :D
laloga chapter 29 . 5/13/2013
I love Garett. He feels like the ideal Jedi, but such a humanized one as well. He's skilled and patient, but he has doubts and questions, like anyone. I enjoyed seeing his reflections on the battle, especially his determination to make himself a better leader to those following his command.

Great job addressing his questions about the clone army with the greater problem that the Jedi face: there's a war going on, and they simply don't have time or resources to seek answers to those questions.

Loved the moment when Master Koth praised him as an equal, and recommended he be Knighted, but I *really* loved how Garett didn't think he was ready. It's the mark of a truly great warrior. While he's very much his own character, he reminds me of Obi-Wan in so many ways, which makes me love him even more. :)

Wonderful chapter!
spikala chapter 30 . 4/29/2013
So that’s why it’s called the Mockingbird series… Good to know.

And the story comes to an end… :’( Well, not really, but still. I’m going to miss seeing Wren, Garrett, and Ro growing up. Over the last 30 chapters you've not only introduced them all and made them into real people, but you've smuggled them inside my heart. I want to see them succeed in their lives and meet at long last. I shall look forward to May 13th and quake at the same time; now Ro has been unleashed on the galaxy! :D
Windpheonix chapter 30 . 4/26/2013
I'll have to remember that motto.
Lovely last chapter. I can't wait for the next, but of course exams are more important. Good luck!
Eregnar chapter 30 . 4/26/2013
Good ending :) I'm really liking Shiv (of course, I always love father-figures. And mother-figures, for that matter).

I look forward to Ro and Wren meeting. I feel like Ro'd be really good for him. He needs a good superior officer to wash out some of the pain Fett caused.

Looking forward to the sequel :) (hopefully I won't forget to check up on it).
spikala chapter 29 . 4/22/2013
I really liked how Garett look at the dead and his first thoughts were of his little sister and how glad he was that she was safe and she didn’t have to go through the experience of Geonosis. He’s such a good big brother :) His protectiveness is just so endearing, and ever so smexy!

That he wonders about the clones, but he decides to shelve his questions in favour of his job felt very realistic. I’ve noticed a trend for Jedi OC’s to doggedly worry at these questions and make loud flamboyant “this is wrong and I quit the Order!” stands. Given the level of development you’ve put into your OC’s, I shouldn’t be surprised that they buck the trends, but still, I want you to know that I’m very glad that Garett sidestepped this trap. It made me feel like he is very much a Jedi as they were at the time of Geonosis, and I’m eager to see how he’ll do in the Clone Wars, despite his qualms.

Great chapter. Really fun read and it was great to catch up with Garett.
90 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »