Reviews for Bunking Down
forgottheother1 chapter 8 . 10/2/2013
This is really good, are you planning to update?
Rodgerse chapter 8 . 7/11/2013
Just read all 8 chapters straight through. They are fantastic. Your insight into the Dixon brothers is amazing. Not since Praxid's story "The Blood Done Signed My Name' have I read a story so true to both Daryl and Merle's character. The love that the brothers have for each other shows it self in every conversation you have placed them in. I have no idea where you are going to go with this especially since we know what happens to Merle. There are rumors that season 4 will show Daryl struggling with the loss of his brother much more than what was shown at the season finale. I can't help but wonder if they will show the pain and love between the brothers as well as you did. Thank you for such a great story.
TenderRootCanal chapter 1 . 5/12/2013
Guess whose baaaaack.
I see this coming along nicely but can I add something? I see the brothers having a poignant moment when one of them realizes the other isn't there. Like Daryl could be sleeping at Carol's cell for the night leaving Merle alone with his thoughts. Sad that his brother is growing away from him and funny that Merle would find it that his brother could finally getting his dick wet after the apocalypse. It even works parallel with Daryl, after Merle's death, alone in the cell listening in silence for the sounds of his brother.
Well keep me posted with an update.
TenderRootCanal chapter 8 . 5/11/2013
I am a huge supporter of Caryl and a side of Merle. What I like, bordeline love, about this fic is how realistic you portray the brothers. That is no small feat especially in TWD fanfiction.
SoulMore chapter 8 . 4/14/2013
FAN!
Tia Thalita chapter 8 . 4/8/2013
Wow...this is the best fic ever. I loved them. The Dixons here are so cute, but not OOC.
CadenceMassacre chapter 8 . 4/7/2013
Total total hardcore props for how you've captured Merle and Daryl in this. I am in total awe and loving this!
Silver Dog Demon chapter 8 . 3/28/2013
I wish the show had more interactions like this between the brothers . . . Would have been nice to see them interact within the prison and around the group more than once. *sigh*

At least we've got this awesome fic you decided to share. Thank you! I think you've really captured the Dixon brothers and how they would interact with each other and I especially enjoyed the deer story. As crappy as their lives were, it's nice to see some of the small funny things like that.

Anyway, thank you for sharing, please update soon! :)
what evil lurks chapter 8 . 3/27/2013
Hmm, your author's notes "gonna try to stick to canon" is pretty much fucked now, huh? Thank goodness for fanfiction and AU.

I just love this series of yours more and more. You just have the two of them so spot on. I hope you'll do lots more.
BakerTennant'sTardis chapter 8 . 3/26/2013
Having watched the most recent episode, and then reading this, I feel like I'm going to cry lol. This was just so great and I loved that episode and I hope Daryl is the one to kill the Governor. Great chapter! I loved it!
Ashvarden chapter 8 . 3/26/2013
Oh God ... that backstory of Merle going back to the quarry? That genuinely made me hurt for him and evrything he went through. Amazing work.
deelove1 chapter 8 . 3/26/2013
That's the way it should have been.
Lilone1776 chapter 8 . 3/26/2013
"Merle had turned one way, and he'd turned the other… he'd gone all in his head, and Merle, he didn't like to spend a single second of the day in there. Stuff inside his brother's head…was just too rough to spend any time revisiting."
LOVED this. Never thought of it this way. Merle was (IS, dammit) so outspoken, loud, brash, live in the moment kind of a man. Never thought about it as a way to avoid his own innermost thoughts! Loved the Dixon talk about what Merle went through; too sad no one from the group will ever know that side of Merle, most likely his choice, however.
Brazen Hussy chapter 8 . 3/26/2013
Gorgeous chapter. Just gorgeous.
zombieslayer5 chapter 8 . 3/26/2013
My feels have taken a beatin' over the last few days, and this... This chapter was my breaking point.
I loved it so much. The last line made my whole body hurt. Weird IK.