Reviews for A New Beginning: A Different Ending to A Memory of Light and the WoT
TheZorpisuttle chapter 27 . 6/1
I'd never thought of cultural exchange with the Aiel as a way to shift Seanchan culture away from damane and da'covale, but it's brilliant- they're both concerned with honor, more than any other Randland culture, they have a similar 'all channelers must do x' policy, and hopefully the exchange would eventually transition da'covale to something more temporary like gai'shain. I definitely think it'll take using the OP accidentally for Tuon to change policy, too- I'm not sure whether I think she'd insist on collaring herself right away or rationalize it away for a little bit, but I think either way she'd see reason once it was personal. Thanks for a great read!
I can not tell you how much I have loved your story! Thank you so much for clearing up some of loose ends! I felt as if I was reading what Robert Jordan had wrote!
I hope all is well in your life after reading about your moving etc, and that you are thinking of writing some more WoT stories very soon!
Lerris chapter 27 . 4/24
I'd have liked to see Tuon interact with the wise ones. Ah well. Still, this is a pretty good ending as these things go.
Shadar2001 chapter 14 . 3/29
The story's good, yet I noticed some gramatical & spelling errors.
Not sure if I want to scream, "NO! Not Talmanes!" Or just be sad he is dead, but got another year or two after AMOL.
Deepak chapter 27 . 6/20/2015
Thank you, very nice. it ties up things from book 14 nicely.
Guest chapter 27 . 6/8/2015
I have just finished reading your story... I think you have done an excellent job in portraying the characters and tying up a few of the loose ends.
Guest chapter 27 . 6/4/2015
Well done! I loved it.
Grummel chapter 27 . 5/30/2015
I read the whole story the last few days and my opinion about it is slightly divided.

You do have good style and I think you got many of the characters very well, especially Toun. You have good ideas, too. But then several times I found details that I considered ridiculously wrong, like when you wrote that the Borderlanders had repaired and manned a kind of Chinese Wall just month after the Last Battle.

I am glad I kept on reading, because the conclusion was really the best part of the story. Its a good end for the story and potentially the beginning of a new one.
Mary Lou chapter 1 . 2/9/2015
This is pretty good. I enjoyed it very much. :-) Saving for more reading. That last book left me angry that such a wonderful series had been ended in such a way. I was so discouraged over it I quit reading the series and I had read them all 28 times. Thank you for doing this.
Flaming Man of Iron chapter 27 . 1/2/2015
Great ending to the story. You are right, really, what happens after this is fairly obvious! :)
Flaming Man of Iron chapter 25 . 1/2/2015
I've been reading these chapters very quicly - I think you've got some real talent for describing military situations and battles. You also capture Matt and the Seanchean characters very well.
Flaming Man of Iron chapter 14 . 1/2/2015
Another good chapter!
Flaming Man of Iron chapter 13 . 1/2/2015
Interesting how the two sides, the Seanchen vs the Wetlanders trust each other.
Flaming Man of Iron chapter 12 . 1/2/2015
Shit, what a depressing ending to the chapter! But really, it's not going to be peaches and roses for ALL the characters. Bad people are still in the world, even if they're not darkfriends.