Reviews for Canon of the Flesh
Risiwys chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
That was beautiful.
Jobee24 chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
That was heartbreaking and beautiful. So well written. I really love your writing. What a great glimpse into Maura and Jane. Jane being what Maura needed after a terrible day and Maura being what she felt her little victim needed her to be. Even your little glimpse into Crowe during the autopsy. I have to admit, the first part was tough to get through. I had to psych myself up for it. But it was definitely worth the read. Thanks!
825 chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Not senseless, not good or evil, but a series of events on a continuum that lead to Maura presiding over her autopsy table. The flow of consciousness is like a teardrop in a river. The tear making its way to the ocean and falling again as rain one day.

I think they'd have to make a deal about talking and debriefing, whether to each other or a professional. The reality of situations like this would strain the best of psyches. I lasted 5 years in a critical care unit before the drama and adrenaline burned me out.
socks-lost chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
I think that was my favorite line. "Most of the detectives had little tells, small indications of what part of her work crept under their walls and left them exposed." Also I like the part just under the page break where Jane's looking at the street with cop eyes, and how you noted that knowing the difference, knowing about the things that go bump in the night actually affects a person. Really well written!

On another note: fanfiction was slacking and I sooo did not get this in my e-mail! Shame on them!
tumblecat chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
If this is what comes out after a couple of months then I am more than willing to wait. That was amazing thank you.
Mo Phillips chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
Exquisite
BerriganDiana chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
So you kept your promise of the one-shot in the immediate horizon. Good. ;)
emaline29 chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
gorgeous.
bkppr1066 chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
This was beautiful. horror and eroticism skillfully contrasted. A perfect depiction of Maura's life.
bnh1629 chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
So emotional and raw! I loved every minute of this, it was so beautifully descriptive! I loved this inner look in to Maura and how she works inside work and how she deals with that outside. I love that Jane just knows and lets Maura take the lead. Cooking dinner, the shower, the making love, Maura's touches and reassurances that life was flowing through Jane... All of it was so breathtakingly beautiful. You're very talented and I was utterly captivated. This piece was dark but it dealt with a stark reality that sometimes innocence is lost and people like Jane and Maura have to deal with such traumatic things too. Maura not wanting to leave her really broke my heart. You're amazing! Thank you for the one shot, it was phenomenal! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
WOW...WOOOOW...MORE? Did I say WOW yet? ;)
viktoriap63 chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
beautiful 3
Breezyme123 chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
I think this is a serious subject that many never think much about. How do those that deal with this trauma every day work through their own emotions and reactions? Great story... TY
Luvs-Crime-Shows chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
Great, unique story line
KalenCaelli chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
Wow, this was an extremely powerful story and very well written. I love the way you tell this exclusively from Maura's point of view, using the contrast between light and dark, death and life, violence and love. Very powerful imagery.
43 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »