Reviews for Canon of the Flesh
bkppr1066 chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
This was beautiful. horror and eroticism skillfully contrasted. A perfect depiction of Maura's life.
bnh1629 chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
So emotional and raw! I loved every minute of this, it was so beautifully descriptive! I loved this inner look in to Maura and how she works inside work and how she deals with that outside. I love that Jane just knows and lets Maura take the lead. Cooking dinner, the shower, the making love, Maura's touches and reassurances that life was flowing through Jane... All of it was so breathtakingly beautiful. You're very talented and I was utterly captivated. This piece was dark but it dealt with a stark reality that sometimes innocence is lost and people like Jane and Maura have to deal with such traumatic things too. Maura not wanting to leave her really broke my heart. You're amazing! Thank you for the one shot, it was phenomenal! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
WOW...WOOOOW...MORE? Did I say WOW yet? ;)
viktoriap63 chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
beautiful 3
Breezyme123 chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
I think this is a serious subject that many never think much about. How do those that deal with this trauma every day work through their own emotions and reactions? Great story... TY
Luvs-Crime-Shows chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
Great, unique story line
KalenCaelli chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
Wow, this was an extremely powerful story and very well written. I love the way you tell this exclusively from Maura's point of view, using the contrast between light and dark, death and life, violence and love. Very powerful imagery.
JMPack chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
That was profound. Just amazing. I'm in compete awe.
LuvreadingR-I chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
:) Thank you. An insightful look in the thought process of Maura and her role of Queen of the Dead. She is strong and independent, but actually needs help getting through her process and she has a partner in Jane, that understands those needs.
docmel chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
The drama, the emotion, the philosophy under it all...kudos! "Commiseration, support or oblivion." How fortunate to have such options! And how very reflective of what we all really need and seek. "It was what lived under the surface that you had to be aware of and see to understand the entire picture. " All of life has truth wrapped up in that statement...seems like everything is shrouded in some form of mystery and if you can't see beyond the surface, the picture will be ever shifting and leave you frustrated and confused. Love your writing. :)
Hunter Memoir chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
Wow.
HM
CharlieTheCAG chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
That was perfect. Loved the part about hockey, I feel you Jane, I feel you.
happykt chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
Nice but sad
The Watcher chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
Compelling, I couldn't stop, this story drew me in and enraptured me.

This story is excellent, your work is excellent.

You have a gift, use it.
looks the same chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
Vivid. Bold. Loved the contrast of Maura's worlds. Your writing appears effortless, and therefore I believe every word you wrote. Thank you for this :)
50 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »