Reviews for The Ways Appointed To Us
Mockingbird's Song chapter 3 . 5/15/2013
I like Faramir's musing so many seem to make him either unaffected by the ring or on the verge of giving in to it.
Aria Breuer chapter 3 . 3/20/2013
Another good story.

I can admit, I like Faramir in the books more than the movies. Naturally, I like the chapter on Frodo's perspective, but the previous two chapters on Faramir and Sam are just as good. Everyone was in-character, which made this a quick-read. It's interesting to hear Frodo thoughts of his quest, but surprising that no one else will actually take the Ring from him.

You did a nice job. I look forward to reading more stories.

-Aria Breuer
Larner chapter 3 . 8/6/2012
I don't remember reading this one. I am so glad I found it. Am looking for a couple stories I read years ago, but can't seem to find as yet, and keep stumbling across treasures such as this. Delightful!
Eiladwyn chapter 3 . 2/1/2011
I'm not sure if I have reviewed this before, but I just wanted to say (again maybe?) that the way you have voiced the characters is amazing! I can tell who is speaking just from their style of speaking, not even needing to see what they are saying. Thankyou
Darkover chapter 3 . 12/5/2010
Dear Shirebound: This was great! I love POV stories, and this was a triple-header! You captured the feelings and perspectives of these three-Faramir, Sam, and Frodo-perfectly. Thanks for writing and posting this. Sincerely, Darkover
Team Sherlock and Watson chapter 1 . 12/15/2005
Wow, I always wanted to know what Faramir could have been thinking when he met Sam and Frodo for the first time. Very interesting. To think of what could have happened if he tried to take the ring away from Frodo like Boromir. Very intteresting.
bethahnee chapter 3 . 4/13/2005
When I saw the beginning author note about the fact that this story was going to go back in time twenty minutes each chapter, I read it from chapter three to one, instead of the right way around. but then I read itn the right way, and it was much better! Good Idea to write it the way you did!

Anargil _
Leia Wood aka Cascadia chapter 3 . 7/26/2004
You really seem to have gotten their voices right, in my opinion, :) each one's fears and hopes.

Leia
rabidsamfan chapter 3 . 2/13/2004
In a way, I wish the chapters were reversed. (Not that it matters, I can read them in any order I like, and all three vignettes are very well done. Then again, I've come to expect that when I click into one of your stories.)
Curiously enough, I think the Faramir chapter is my favorite. Not that you didn't do well with Samwise...
Grav chapter 2 . 1/14/2004
You've really captured Sam's style of speaking here. I notice it especially in contrast with Faramir, and I am expecting to find it again when I get to Frodo. Speaking of which-
Grav chapter 1 . 1/14/2004
I really love Faramir. That's one of the reasons I can't watch T (much) anymore. I really love how he was strong enough to stand against the Ring (or maybe smart enough to hide), and you have captured his sentiments excellently well.
Aelaer chapter 3 . 12/23/2003
Yet again, another great story. You are truly a great author, and that is saying something
wanequelle chapter 3 . 8/14/2003
I loved this one. I like how you went back in time 20 minutes for each. My favorite line was:

"I can be brave again tomorrow, Gandalf, I promise."

It was just so touching!

-Loved all your work so far!-

Laura
Master Elora Dannan chapter 3 . 7/9/2003
I always loved what Frodo said to Faramir. Sounds so hopeless, doesn't it? A hopeless task indeed, but Frodo's doing it anyway. Tai'shar Frodo :). (Sorry, that was a bit of "The Wheel of Time" but Robert Jorden, doesn't really belong in this story, does it?)
Countess of Nad Mullach chapter 3 . 6/15/2003
WOW! great character voices! yay for book-Faramir. boo for movie-Faramir.