Reviews for Awkward and Uncomfortable
between the waves chapter 1 . 8/3/2013
*grin* I'm actually super excited that PD is gonna do Emma next. I never got into the story and so I'm excited to see their take on it. But there are a ton of stories I'd love to see modern takes done on. Perhaps it's an unpopular choice, but I think A Tale of Two Cities might be really interesting as an adaptation.

And in any case, I truly loved this- still grinning from ear to ear, and I could see it all happening so that's a total plus. Well done!
EmlynMara chapter 1 . 2/13/2013
You always write them so beautifully. Love Gigi's little addition to the costume theater part. So glad that Lizzie joined them for lunch. Wonderful.
RiddikulusGrin chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
Awesome fic. It's great how it read like an episode, but with a little more of a look into Lizze's mind. You can really tell w Lizzie's veiws are changing.

To answer your question, I desperately want a modern adaption of Oscar Wilde's "The Picture of Dorian Grey".
Eienvine chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
I love it. I would totally love it if an episode went this way.
firewordsparkler chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
This was fun to read. I can definitely see this happening, and Gigi would do an amazing impersonation of her brother.
I'd love to see Mansfield Park done as a modern adaptation. Mostly because I hate the story so much and I'd love for something to redeem it and give it some value to me.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
I have never wanted something in the LBD videos to be exactly like a fanfic as I want this. It was brilliant. BRILLIANT! Loved it. Great interpretation of the book and great translation into what could (and should) happen in the videos.
scruffyreader7 chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
Okay. Two things-I haven't been in the fandom (despite the fact that it's my chocolate) since before LBD. Long while, right? Isn't it fabulous?
Anyway. I don't know how you did it without having a script, but I'm reading this in my head with their voices and I can see all of this happening (because this is the sort of awkwardness that LBD would totally pull on us) and the dialogue is spot on for characters. The actions accompanying in the dialogue as well (I'm onto you Fitz, and that whole thing was just perfect).
I literally only have two comments besides kind of stuttering plea for more, which are that I think Lizzie would have been more hesitant to use Gigi's script (she does think the girl is crazy if wonderful) and that she would have had a really long awkward pause after being told what Will said.
The image of Will coming in on his sister playing him in costume theatre is fantastic, and I desperately hope it becomes cannon now.
As for modern adaptations...hmm...Sense and Sensibility, The Scarlet Letter (how they'd do it, I don't know, but I'd love to see), Anne of Green Gables, Louisa May Alcott's Eight Cousins and A Rose in Bloom.
-Tay
starkidindia chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
Darcy is so sweet, that was very well written. I'd like another Emma.
tammyrolls chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
Now that was good! I so wish something like that would happen in LBD! Totally cute and well done!
Madgie chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
Ah! It pains me to think we might not get that moment of Darcy wiping the floor with Caroline! It's always been one of my favourite moments, and I love to imagine she's left with an expression akin to someone who's just sucked an extremely bitter lemon. XD

Great fic!

(I think I would quite like to see Northanger Abbey or Emma being done.)
toffeema chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
That was awesome! I hope the whole group does do a dinner thing - and we get the re-enactment! I love Persuasion - love the second chance idea and how perfect Anne is.
MagicalTimeTravel chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
This would be perfect, I was wondering how they'd do the part where he says he has considered her the finest (handsomest?) woman of his acquaintance for a while. But I feel like since you've written it it's less likely to happen... I'd like Sense and Sensibility or Emma, really. But there are probably others I just haven't realised would be good.
hess chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
Great Story. As for other stories how about Persuasion or Sandition? Both are great stories. However, perhaps Sandition as it has a great set up but was never completed by Austen.
Awesomw chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
So good and
Emma
Bella Cuore chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
That was spectacular! You may feel it is a difficult medium to write, but you do it fantastically! I could hear each of them, even down to Lizzie's pausing for effect. Great job! Is this a one-shot, or will there be more?