Reviews for Portland
SLopez chapter 4 . 3/29/2013
It took me a while to have enough time to read this chapter, but it sure was worth the wait.
I'm so in love with this story. This feels like season 1, it feels like the show I've fallen for, not what the writers are doing now. It's this amazing storytelling that it's missing in season 2 and I'm glad you're writing this (even if you made me cry with that part between August and Blue; my poor baby is so broken and he wants to be so brave, and ugh... so many feelings!)
I'd also like to point out this sentence: "nothing save for the desolate apathy and indifference that was a plague around the world." I thought it was wonderful that you added such a hard reality in a story that's all about fantasy, and you did it very well. Little things like thins aare what makes a great writer, and you sure are on the right path. Great job! :)
minorshan chapter 4 . 3/26/2013
Really enjoying this. There aren't enough August stories. I do hope we get to see the "reunion" in Storybrooke and his reaction to how she and Henry turned out. :)
AccioLoki chapter 4 . 3/19/2013
I must admit, I was a little hesitant to start this story. But, once it got rolling, I just got sucked right in, and I'm glad I did. It was good so far, can't wait for the rest:)
Anna chapter 4 . 3/6/2013
WOW... WOW... WOW ...this... this is - God, I don't really know what to say... this fanfiction... and this chapter in particular is so touching and perfectly written... EVERY - REALLY EVERY - SINGLE DETAIL is fantastic and amazing... all those heart-breaking parallels... and the prose... and the plot... it totally works with who he is and the events of the first season... so much that I can't help but wonder how close this fanfiction is to the original plan of Eddie and Adam... OMG... and the tenderness, love and longing you expressed while describing the story from August's POV... YOU COMPLETELY UNDERSTOOD HIS CHARACTER, HIS RELATIONSHIPS AND HOW HE INTERACTS WITH THE WORLD & HIMSELF... I actually cried when he was holding Henry into his arms realizing that he was his son... And than when he begged to keep him...and when he said that he was human and no one could take that from him... ;_; This story is SO BEAUTIFUL I honestly can't wait to get my heart warmed and melted once again by your next chapter so PLEASE don't ever stop updating... and don't make us readers wait too much :D
kelli maguire chapter 4 . 3/5/2013
fabulous chapter.
That70sshowlova chapter 4 . 3/4/2013
This is a fantastic story. "'Please,' he begged, 'I'll be good.'" That line broke my heart! I hope this isn't the last chapter, because I'm hooked. Instant favorite and follow.
beverlie4055 chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
excellent
snarkysweetness chapter 4 . 3/3/2013
Nice and painful, just like I like it.

I don't think August would ever knowingly leave his son, but to each their own headcanons and this is one I can deal with since he is a tortured little bastard.
RobinsGirlWonder chapter 3 . 2/27/2013
SO, okay, I was totally behind on this for whatever reason - I DON'T KNOW WHY BECAUSE I LOVED CHAPTERS ONE AND TWO - aaand now I'm crying into my coffee. I made the mistake of reading chapter 3 at work AND IT'S PERFECT. OH MY GOD, IT'S EVERYTHING I HAD WANTED US TO SEE WHEN TALLAHASSEE AIRED AND IT'S SAD AND PERFECT AND THANK YOU FOR BRINGING TO LIFE THIS AMAZING HEADCANON.

I'm just... I'm gonna go float in a saltwater room for a little while now... I'm not crying, I just have Wooden Swan in my eye...
Anna chapter 3 . 2/9/2013
Oh god! I had pictured they're story just the same, I mean for the part of them meeting but than forgetting that... and the BLACK BRACELET! *DEAD* ;_; WHY CAN'T THIS HAVE HAPPENED! WHYYY? It's all so perfect and romantic and ARGGGHHHH... I JUST SHIP THEM SO MUCH... Anyway hoping to get another chapter soon cause you just keep making every WS ship fantasy of mine become true! Not to mention how well you portrayed August! BRAVA! ;D *LET ME LOVE YOU FOR ALL THE ETERNITY* Please write and update ASAP! O.O
evincis chapter 3 . 2/9/2013
OMG! The potion. And the bracelet. That was genius. Will he ever break the curse? Please update soon.
Guest chapter 3 . 2/8/2013
i think it's really rude that you took other people's theories without even bothering to give them credit
kelli maguire chapter 3 . 2/8/2013
Oh god. The anticipation 8) update asap plz!
SLopez chapter 3 . 2/8/2013
This chapter is so heartbreaking... It's perfect, though, and this part "I care about you. Don't forget. Somewhere in you…" actually reminds me of Emma's facial expression when August first arrives at Storybrooke, like she recognizes him from somewhere else. I also liked the bracelet bit :)

Well done!
kclupin1976 chapter 2 . 2/1/2013
I can't wait to see where you go with this! Great start, update soon!