Reviews for True Magic
kirsty chapter 20 . 1/7
What a wonderful story!
You are a very talented writer.
Love it!
Chocolate Cupcake Lover chapter 20 . 8/16/2014
OMG That was like the best ending ever! :D
Kait chapter 20 . 3/14/2014
I've been reading fanfiction for six years, and this is by far one of the best fanfics I have ever read. You are an outstanding writer!
Warrior717 chapter 20 . 2/2/2014
What a beautiful ending to a wonderful story! Rumple's transformation was my favorite part. I loved the references to 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8, the village’s support at the ceremony was a nice surprise, and that stubborn Regina sure likes to crash a wedding doesn't she? lol!

Thank you for this amazing journey with our favorite characters, I truly admire your writing talent! :)

Also I would like to thank you so much for your kind words in your author's note; that means a lot, dear. :)
Warrior717 chapter 19 . 2/2/2014
I think what Belle says here summarizes your story beautifully:

She grabbed the hand he held against her cheek and laid her own on top of it. "Hear me now. There is a force far more powerful than any magic—good or evil: love. It will protect us. You call yourself coward, but you have more courage than you know. Only a brave man can admit to the darkest parts of his soul. And only the bravest of men would willingly live in the shadow of a curse to protect the ones he loves. But, if it takes my whole life, I will prove to you the power of love."

I thought this was a good chapter overall. The ending part where they discuss marriage and their feelings for each other felt tad bit rushed, but it otherwise sweet. I love the fact that Belle establishes her physical boundaries with Rumple right away with her desire to wait until marriage. I have even more respect for her character because of it.

Nicely done; I’m interested to find out the significance behind Belle's tears, though I can already conjure a guess. :)
Warrior717 chapter 18 . 2/2/2014
I love that Rumple found a loophole in his and Regina's agreement (and I always enjoy the way you write Rumple and Regina together.) Very clever, and very in character!

And I like the reference to Revelation in the vision Rumple has with the scroll. :)
Warrior717 chapter 17 . 2/2/2014
Oh poor Belle...Rumple, please don't regress. I understand his fears though, and therefore understand his actions in the last part.

This "true magic" Belle keeps referring to makes me think of God, and what He did for us by sending his only son to break our own curse (our sin). It is only by His "true magic" that we are now free if we ask for it. "True loves kiss" seems to act the same way in that its' pure, and genuine, and it comes with no cost except for what you have to give up; in Rumple's case, that’s' his darkness, and in our case, we must strive to stay away from sin.

I love the pure and authentic feel of this story so much. Looking forward to more! :)
Warrior717 chapter 16 . 2/2/2014
Wow...that was a pretty audacious move on Rumple's part when he gave Belle the dagger and the ability to control him, like that; that scene was intense. I was surprised when he was actually honest with her to begin with when revealing he had the dagger, and then shocked when he actually handed it to her. Rumple is definitely coming a long way in trusting Belle. I can't wait to see what happens next! :)
Warrior717 chapter 15 . 2/2/2014
Very nice chapter! I enjoyed the discussion about Baefire and the power of names. I thought the hand holding at the end was very sweet, and I appreciated fact that Rumple was more open with Belle here. I just love their developing relationship in general.

And "The best magic," Belle is referring to at the end here...I can't help but wonder if that has some Christian themes behind it? If so, that would be so wonderful!
Warrior717 chapter 14 . 1/22/2014
Ok, this is officially my new favorite chapter! There are just so many FEELS in it! First, Belle putting all that work and love into making that scarf for Rumple, and then Rumple giving Belle her necklace back, and now this plague, poor Belle. I think it was so sweet how protective he is of her in trying to take care of her.

I was especially touched by this line:

Her white hand moved from his chest and gently stroked his cheek, "So handsome," she mumbled before losing consciousness.

And very interesting about the potion Rumple made at the end here. So, theoretically speaking, did he originally make the truth love potion with Belle's and his hair and only succeed in replicating it later with Snow and Charming's hair?

Can’t wait to read more! :)
Warrior717 chapter 13 . 1/22/2014
Belle's behavior is rather strange, but I'm sure there will be answers explaining that soon. The plague sounds absolutely dreadful and so creepy…sweating blood and all. I'm glad Rumple was able to help all of those people, and it seems like there is a little change of heart here on his part. The necklace he took from Lord Desmond's daughter, is that the same one Belle owned, up until she sold it, the one that used to belong to her mother?

Wonderful chapter, with some new and unexpected development in Rumple’s character!
Warrior717 chapter 12 . 1/21/2014
I'm very interested to see what Belle is planning to do with the yarn...can't wait to find out! :)
Warrior717 chapter 11 . 1/21/2014
Interesting...VERY interesting theory as to why Rumple takes the first born of his clients. So in his mind, he feels he is doing the right thing by giving these children to families who would want them, because clients who would willingly trade their first born don't deserve to be parents. I can understand his mentality, but of course I agree with Belle. Most of these people willing to trade their first born are short sided, and desperate, so they're not thinking that far ahead. And this loop hole… do these clients realize that if they simply READ the contract they're given (which I assume most don't), that they can get out of their deal? I bet Rumple feels that offering this loop hole is pretty generous on his part.

Poor Cinderella, this theory sure doesn't put her in a good light, does it? Apparently she isn't very clever because she makes rash decisions, is short-sighted, doesn't read her contracts all the way through, and is willing to trade the life of her first born for a chance at happiness. At least she eventually comes to her senses later when it actually hits her that she's going to have to give up her child (once again, there is that shortsightedness), and I'm glad that things work out with her in the end but regardless, I never really liked Cinderella anyways.

Bring on our lovely Belle, who is not only brilliantly sharp, loving, and beautiful, but non-judgmental, and really just a breath of fresh air.

Wonderful job as usual with the writing! I found the theory very insightful!
Warrior717 chapter 10 . 1/19/2014
Ok, this is definitely my favorite chapter so far! I could really hear Belle and Rumplestiltskin's voices in the dialog, and see their mannerisms in the descriptions. I felt like I was watching an episode of OUAT! The humor was delightful and witty (the whole table scene was hilarious!), and I actually laughed out loud a few times while reading it.

I just love Belle's determination, and her genuine love for others, especially for Rumplestiltskin. She is an inspiring woman, its’ no wonder she is my favorite Disney character!

Looking forward to more! :)
Warrior717 chapter 9 . 1/15/2014
LOL, I love the romance in this chapter, and I found it in some ways more intimate and captivating than a kiss they might share. The descriptions were wonderfully poignant.

What an interesting development there with Rumplestilskin being patient with Belle, which I adored, instead of his normal behavior. "Love is patient" is what I kept thinking of when I read this scene. He was kind and encouraging to her, and I just love that he didn't allow her to give up.

I am truly enjoying seeing their love blossom in these last couple of chapters, and seeing this more human side to Rumplestitlskin as it makes him so much more relatable and gives even more depth to this already intriguing character.

I think you're doing a beautiful job with developing these characters, and their remarkable love story!