Reviews for Race Against Time
H.G chapter 1 . 11/8
Hi,I'm H.G and I just wanna give thanks to you for your excellents works as a writer
The other day I was in my English class(I'm spanish)when the teacher asked me to review a book and explain why it is so especial to me and how we could learn about the things the book say and what reflects about our society
I chose this book of yours because it really helped me when I was ill and stills doing it today every time I read it again, and thanks to it I got an excellent mark for that too
I just want you to know that It's really pleasant to read your works and that you are honoring Tolkien universe
with your fanfiction
I just hope that someday people will recognize your work enough to give you the apreciación you deserve
Please never stop writing so you'll continue inspiring people with your amazing works
I really like how you bring Oin into your stories :) In my opinion, these pre-Hobbit stories are better than those about Erebor ;) But thats just me :P
FungusCat chapter 1 . 8/13
Beautiful! Brilliant! I'm going to read it again!
I'm late to this site, but, oh I am so glad I found it! Because of writing like yours.
Thank you and I hope to find more from you!
Meysun chapter 23 . 7/29
Before I start this review, I have been asked to do one thing, and it is to tell you that Pericula Ludus brought me here :). She's my one and only fan-fiction friend, and has been recommending this fic to me twice - finally I found time to read it and I really, really enjoyed it!

I'm an absolute Thorin-fan, and have not really dabbled with Fili-feels in my fics, but you really drew me in with those two sweet brothers and I just wanted to congratulate you about the depth you brought to Kili as well... I have always been a bit annoyed by his careless ways in the movies and really loved to read him like that - a very moving character, always caught between the child and the elder Dwarfling...

I have also enjoyed the amount of medical research that went into your fic. Pericula can tell you that I'm working in that field and - pneumothorax, seizure, and then pneumonia :)... I must say you dealt with those really well, and especially with the question of dignity in sickness. I also really enjoyed the part with Kili only being able to use Iglishmêk...
And of course the amazing fact of how they made premature little Kili survive the winter, that was just amazing!
Well-done for bringing Gimli in - and well done also for the angsty part in the end, with Kili feeling he was not strong enough for Thorin... I loved the part where Thorin apologized to him - I think it was one of the moments that moved me most... this, and of course the part where poor Fili had to shoot once more to save his brother.

Being an absolute Thorin fan, I would have loved to read even more about his feelings - seeing Fili almost lose his brother clearly must have reminded him of Frerin, as you so well pointed out... And somehow I just pitied him so much in your fic. I mean - how many times did he save Kili, always trying to keep cold-headed, and yet how much they yelled at him...
But I think it really great to see how each of your character grew, in that fic - except Dis who was already amazing in the beginning :). And who must have been so scared - that Dwarrowdam is just *so* brave, it is simply incredible.

If you want a bit of medical bragging: I'm not sure that fever-seizure happen actually in children older than 5... probably when the fever is very high, but I have not seen that so much... And I actually expected the pneumonia to happen earlier, when Kili choked - it's very common for poor patients to catch so-called "inhalation-pneumonias" (excuse my English, I'm writing to you all the way from France)...
The rest I found perfect. Lung collapsus really hurts - and I'm just jealous because you got the idea before me :p...

I hope you won't be scared by this awfully long review. I love long reviews myself (and PMs as well) so I just wanted you to get one :), and what's more I really, really enjoyed your fic.
Keep up the writing!
kili's smile chapter 23 . 5/22
Aww, this fic had me bawling numerous times, and I am not a crier. Great job!
kili's smile chapter 4 . 5/22
Ch. 4- Author's note. I believe sharing beds was common, when fireplaces were the only means of heating homes, because they aren't very effective. I'm American, so I am most familiar with examples from American pioneer history. Like "Little House on the Prairie", the sisters shared a bed growing up. And Abraham Lincoln, before he became president, traveled around with a group of lawyers, to hold trials in small towns. These men often slept 3 to a bed in inns or private homes. It was common at the time, no one thought anything of it. When I read fics where Fili and Kili have their own rooms, that's what I think is weird, because it doesn't match "pre-central heating" living practices. :)
ninayasmijn chapter 1 . 5/1
Reading it again uwu

Needed something and didn't know what. Somehow I ended up here...
The GoldenGroups chapter 23 . 4/21
Wow. That was heart rending. Thank you so much for writing that...
The GoldenGroups chapter 6 . 4/21
Oh. My. Gosh. There was a second there when the world it's all better. But still. The world literally exploded.
The GoldenGroups chapter 3 . 4/20
*heart breaks*
The GoldenGroups chapter 2 . 4/20
The GoldenGroups chapter 1 . 4/20
*gasp* NO KILI
You are a talented author. Thank you for bringing this to life.
CrystalWarrior13 chapter 1 . 4/9
I can't put it in words how much I love this story!
ninayasmijn chapter 9 . 3/28
Wow, I think this is the 7th time I've read this story. It's just so wonderful *squee*
Don't think I dint like illusions, but it is just as little or of my interest, BUT IT'S AN AMAZING FIC TOO.

I wish I could write this way, gosh. I also wanted to ask if you would like to be my beta. No is okay :) but you're just sort of my role model on x3

Sincerely yours, Nina
ninayasmijn chapter 23 . 2/23
Oh my, this story was perfect. If I was allowed to buy this I'd so do that! I'll see if I Can.