Reviews for Race Against Time
ninayasmijn chapter 23 . 2/23/2015
Oh my, this story was perfect. If I was allowed to buy this I'd so do that! I'll see if I Can.
guest chapter 22 . 2/22/2015
From writer to writer, a friendly note.
Just pointing out that the dwarves wouldn't have had sinks. Try...washtub, much more practical for that time period.
Libby chapter 23 . 2/16/2015
wonderful writing! You have a talent.
kitty chapter 23 . 2/12/2015
oh second-last sentence brotherly love sweet sweet sweet
kolo908 chapter 23 . 2/6/2015
I really loved the chapter strong
Sigrid chapter 22 . 1/31/2015
Lovely story. I like how you did Thorin, Dis, Fili, and Kili. However, sometimes I wonder if you made them too emotional. They are dwarves, after all, not Men. They're famous for being hardy folk, since they were made by Mahal out of stone. I'm not saying they don't have emotions, I'm just thinking that they would be more reserved about them, even around each other. However, this is hard to tell from Tolkien's works (what I've read of them, anyway: The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, & The Silmarillion); the dwarves are a secretive race.
DarkDamson chapter 23 . 1/30/2015
Great story. Had me in tears a few times there.

Well done.
Sigrid chapter 20 . 1/28/2015
SOOO glad to read a fanfic where men (or he-dwarves) can show affection between each other and not mean anything homosexual by it.
Tilda chapter 23 . 1/28/2015
There, I read the whole thing. I love this...first fanfic I read about Kili with no shipping! Your story made me admire Thorin and his family even more. Best fanfiction I read of the Hobbit so far. :D
Tilda chapter 22 . 1/28/2015
HAhahaha batrabbit is so funnny
Tilda chapter 21 . 1/28/2015
Like this chapter but there was at least one error that was a little confusing...

"'What did you say?' he coaxed."

Given the context I think it would be more like, "what did you _hear_?"

Just trying to let you know, and I hope it's not too late. :P
Tilda chapter 18 . 1/28/2015
Yeah, I totally feel Fili's pain.
Tilda chapter 17 . 1/27/2015
good stuff love it
Lovely Lagoon chapter 23 . 1/18/2015
How can this not be one of my favorite chapters?
Exactly, it cannot not. Because it is. It is truly one of my favorite chapters.

I love the teasing between the brothers.
They seem to be back to where they started, before everything went wrong.

“Nothing brought Fili more joy than the knowledge that Kili was alive and finally, truly, on the mend.”
This sentence made me smile widely and feel happy on the inside.

I get that Fili is afraid - even with just carrying the bow/quiver.
Last time he held it in his hands, it ended in the worst disaster he could ever imagine.

And I understand Kili’s eager to be able to shoot again.
He’s been locked inside for long and he surely wants things to be back to normal, as quickly as possible.

With the way you write, I could almost feel Fili’s fear rushing through myself.
Even though the chances for him messing up again are low – I was still afraid something bad would happen.

You describe his fear so well.
I’m sad he had to re-live that, but at the same time it’s good. He faced his fears.

One can tell how proud Kili is of him. I can see his wide grin before me.

And then came the touching one last moment.
My God.. I was actually close to sobbing the last time and this time, I’m still tearing up.

Kili embracing his big brother, giving him all the love and support that he needs, is so sweet.
When Fili lets go of his surprise and hugs him back tightly, it is the most beautiful thing in the world.

It began in the forest and it ended in the forest.
I thank you for making a symbolic closure like this.

It’s been a journey, reading, re-reading and reviewing your wonderful story.
One I will not forget. You, are truly an inspiring writer! Don’t ever stop.

L.L
Lovely Lagoon chapter 22 . 1/18/2015
“Well, that’s another reason why he is upset,” said Fili. “He’s angry that you made me stay with Balin and Dwalin”
“He wasn’t the only one, if I recall,” said Dís with a wry smile, and Fili grinned sheepishly.
Haha. I love this little moment here. When Kili talks in his sleep is funny too.

I like how Fili leads them into his and Kili’s shared bedroom when Kili is asleep, giving Dís and Thorin a chance to be near the youngest without getting shooed away in an instant. They must miss being close to Kili.

“Fili had never thought he would see the day when his uncle would be nervous around his little brother, and he suddenly realized with a pang just how much Thorin loved Kili and how much he feared losing him”. This is beautiful.

“…Kili took in a ragged breath and fought to free himself again, but Fili ducked his head and caught a glimpse of a tear rolling down his cheek. Suddenly, he understood; he looked up at Thorin and mouthed he’s crying.”

I feel so much compassion for Kili - but in a positive way, if that makes sense? Because by that time, I felt like everything was going to be alright. As soon as Kili let down his guard, I knew that Thorin was going to be able to reach out to him.

All which happens next is written beautifully. The first time reading it, I had silent tears running down my cheeks.
Thorin explaining, apologizing, begging Kili to forgive him for the mistakes that he had done..
Thorin telling him that he is most definitely not weak, but strong.

I’m glad Kili got to hear those words, from his uncle himself, and not only Fili.

I appreciate how you added that last bit with Dís and Fili.
I can imagine how content they must’ve felt.
Knowing that Thorin eased his heart from hurt and worries, and that Kili finally forgave him.

L.L