Reviews for A Very Long Engagement
drgraves129 chapter 1 . 5/5
Now this is a good" Feel Good" story. Thank you for writing this.
whitealmond chapter 1 . 5/3
Well, it took them a while, but they finally got there. Both of them too stubborn for their own good, wasting a decade like that, but I'm glad they finally found each other. The beginning was blisteringly mad, the middle more content, the end like deliverance, Artemis finding himself again in Holly's eyes. I thought that was rather profound.

On another note, at first, I was aghast, feeling for Artemis' poor wife... you shouldn't marry someone just to escape... but if she was using him as well, that evens it out a little, I guess :P Mostly, I'm glad my favorite couple stopped pretending.
OakeX chapter 1 . 12/17/2014
Isn't it interesting how as soon as a wife is revealed to have lovers the reader instantly doesn't care if she gets screwed over or not? I mean, when Artemis and Holly were 'reconciling' (for lack of a better word) I kept thinking 'But what about Marie?'. But as soon as it was told that she had lovers, I was like 'Nah. Divorce that b****'. As for the story, it's very good for what it is. The plot's a little old and recycled but its good and it's been used a lot for a reason. You writing style is, as usual, very good, a lot of description and metaphors and comparison-between-settings-and-characters to keep things interesting. Your dialogue is very realistic, your use of pauses is effective, I feel like a broken record I've said all this before. I will add one thing though, your writing is very exhausting to read. And I mean that in a good way. You always put in the deeper implications of things, or you focus a lot on detail and colour so the reader processes a lot of information at a time, which can be quite tiring. Tiring, in a good way, as in you're willing to be tired to read this, not tired as in you just want to give up tired. Just an observation.
LuvinAniManga chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
Well, that was certainly a twist on the typical Hartemis fic, but I enjoyed it! Very nice job. Keep up the good work!
canagg chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
Awwww! the end is so sweet! 3
Tawny chapter 1 . 5/25/2013
This was great, up to your usual standard as always! You are just so great.
tiffanytifflespotterzheng chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
I can't believe i haven't read this before. but here I am, shivering in the gloriousness of this story :)
shadow1real chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
Wow that was amazing
MonsterJunkie chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Awesome story! It'd be even better if you'd turn into a two- or three-shot at least. Please? There's not nearly enough AxH being written right now, but at least the little bit that is, is good. (I hate double words, I always feel the need to separate them with a comma) But nonetheless I want to see Artemis and Holly further down the road from this experience, and if I could make another request, don't make it about the child. Make it about how their relationship has changed and they themselves interact with each other now, the AxH is what got me here so that's what I'd like to see.

MonsterJunkie

P.S. I followed just in case you do extend it, hehe. :P
Sarpndo chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
really sweet. Not something I would normally expect, but you did an excellent job. :)
HolidayBoredom chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
Ah, lovely :) I was having Brideshead Revisited feels for the first bit. That last line, is it a quote? It's something I fancy memorising, lol. Beautiful job!
Electricboa chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
I could see how you could expand this more, adding meat to the breaks and continuing past the ending to how people react.
Harry Artemis Jackson chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
I liked this a whole lot. So sweet. I loved every bit of it. I don't know what I like about this pairing SO MUCH. I just can't put my finger on it. Anyway, keep up the good work!
ILoveFowl chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
Great, now I want to cry.

So beautiful. That's just what they would do- get married or a boyfriend to convince themselves or the other that they weren't interested...

I feel like you could continue this if you wanted. Just a thought.
happywritingx chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
my mind. it hurts. not in the bad way. plus my heart hurts. because beautiful. you have earned a well deserved spot in my favorites (if you find that gratifying)! absolutely great work.